Scientific Drilling

Updated 20 Nov 2014

2.0

IT Technical Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scientific Drilling.

Applied on LinkedIn. Was then contacted by HR and asked to fill out an online application through their website. Was brought in for an interview and did all 3 interviews within about an hour. I enjoyed meeting a good handful of people and talking about the technology there and my skill set and experience and what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • It was a standard interview. Nothing was difficult or unexpected, or odd.   View Answer

Their offer was way lower than what I currently earn. I simply could not afford to take the kind of financial hit they were asking of me. They stressed their benefits as being really great and above what many other companies offer, but the fact is; the benefits were exactly the same as my last 2 previous jobs. I feel they are simply out of touch, and try to use this offer lower salaries; and they really need to rethink this whole hiring strategy.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paso Robles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paso Robles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Scientific Drilling.

Quite a messy operation there. HR is out of touch with the needs and desires of those they are trying to fill jobs for. They work off a structured template of money and experience and would rather leave a position open for years than give someone a chance to grow into the job. Run from their Houston office which dictates structure and treats new employees like a commodity. Cold and heartless and incompetent at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • How little will you take in compensation?   View Answer

Poor communication with HR and never felt comfortable with the company culture. It went from a family operation to an insulated corporate giant run by human robots without any heart or passion.

In Houston Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Unstructured and unorganized. Poor communication with HR.

Three interviews with increasing manager levels. Each less effective and more incongruous. None prepared.

On boarding very poor except for IT. Onboarding assistance non existent by and large. Limited to no Operations or HR support.

Background check made following acceptance as expected also typical drug tests.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. Interviewer unprepared. Nothing challenging. Standard to twenty questions from internet with a few technical questions added.   View Answer
    VERY DIFFICULT, Firm salary offered lower than previous. and excused by generous benefits. Some slight salary, move but begrudgingly. No match on previous vacation experience. No leeway on benefits. Process very slow.

Take it or leave it impression with no attempt to convince why offer good. Discovered once inside others with less experience making more. Very disappointing.

Survey Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scientific Drilling.

We discussed my experience and technical knowledge and then we discussed pay. After that I went through the new hire process and was ready to go. It was a very easy process.

I said what I wanted and they matched it.

CAD Drafter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scientific Drilling in July 2013.

Two interview. General questions about yourself, customer service, likes and dislikes, express your character. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now. What are your full-time goals. Why are you leaving your former company? What can you offer to the company? What is a difficult situation that you have handled? How would you describe yourself?

I should have negotiated some vacation time. You don't obtain vacation until after a year. The initial offer was great.

Project Engineer and Other Electronic Engineer Related Positions Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Scientific Drilling.

Just had the 1st round, pretty much HR stuff.......Interviewer was friendly and was quiet accommodating in re-scheduling telephonic interview.....

I am not sure if the company sponsored H1b and neither was the HR. They said that they would find out and get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • They seem to have a standard template i.e what is the most challenging situation that you have been in, how to do respond to change etc   Answer Question

MWD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scientific Drilling in March 2013.

I applied by sending the CV and Cover Letter to HR representative.
    Interview was about 20 minute, in the hotel reception room, at the table for 2.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions.
      -Do you have a girlfriend?
      -Do you have a driving licence and if you have a own car?
      -What is your current salary? ("if you can't do this, maybe we couldn't do the proper offer for you.." )
      -Do your employer have provided the food on the Rig for you?
      -When you want to promote from MWD to DD?
      -Other simple questions