Sears

Updated 14 Dec 2014
1,326 Interview Reviews

2.3

Store Manager Interview

5 interviews...only 1 in person. Interview questions were not specific and some of the interviewers you could tell really didn't care...they were just trying to push you thru. The regional interview was the biggest joke. The district manager is not very bright. The district h.r. is incompetent.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of management experience do you have   View Answer
    Typical low ball offer which i countered and then they countered back

Appliance Technician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

I had to have a BCI, and DMV check done before an offer was made. Afterwards a drug screening and physical were scheduled and paid for, along with updating or showing proof of current immunization schedule, particularly Tetanus (scrapes and small hand cuts are inevitable in this type of work), and the flu shot is highly recommended since you'll be going into peoples home who might be contagious during flu season.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Was not complicated, briefly spoke about my previous job experiences and answered some basic questions, a lot of what if scenario questions so study those. Make sure you have scenarios to talk about where you show that you have helped customers in the past or helped people in general even if it is a volunteer experience. Just make yourself seem like someone that they could use as an asset to the company.

Interview Questions
    • how would you help a co worker in a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Softlines MCA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Was pretty straight forward. Had to go thought two different interviews. I do not see why. But they will hire you regardless of experience. For a position like MCA I dont see the necessity for two interviews.

No negotiation

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sears in December 2014.

Applyed in January, got a call around May to set up an interview. Interviewed with the assistant store manager, then got called by the receiving manager and was offered a job.

Softlines MCA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Basic interview really. It isn't difficult as it is an entry level job to a retail store. They basically go through 3 different interviews. You pass the 1st and move to the 2nd and so forth. The third interview is with your store manger. 1st and 2nd are HR and Area manager.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing real unexpected. Be able to talk about how you handle customers and how you may have had situations in the past that would apply to the job. It really isn't hard and they just want to know you will treat people respectfully and responsibly.   Answer Question

Consultive Sales Associate- Home Improvement Interview

I applied online and within a 2-3 weeks received an email requesting to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went fairly well. She asked a lot of sales focused questions where I had to give specific examples of things I have done - pretty typical. The call was not from the local store I applied to. She was very friendly and professional, took notes the whole time, and said she would pass the results onto the hiring manager at the local store who would contact me if interested.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me of a time you have had to deal with someone stealing or breaking the law/rules?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

I applied online, and two weeks later I got a call for an interview. I went in and they asked me basic questions like "Why do you wanna work for sears?" And such. After that they asked my availability and told me they'd like me to start as soon as possible.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears.

I applied on a Wednesday, got a call on a Thursday, got interviewed on a Friday and got hired that day and orientation is this next Wednesday. It has been incredibly fast and professional and they did the first and second interview all at once.

Interview Questions
    • An accomplishment I had achieved and how I did it.   Answer Question
    • Why someone wouldn't want to use a credit card. and then how you would talk them into doing it anyways.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

Apply on-line and take assessment, called within a week, HR was sick. 2 interviews. 1st over the phone, 2nd in person. Q&A, situation questions. Bkgrd consent and drug test after offer accepted.