Sears

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Hanover, PA (US)

I interviewed at Sears in August 2012.

Interview Details Seasonal work. No interview, was already accepted for the position when I showed up. They simply explained the job to me during this time and completed basic questions about me.

Interview Question – There were no questions!   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Trainer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in December 2010.

Interview Details Referred by friend. Contacted for phone interview. Interviewed twice- once with supervisor and then with a group to train on a subject of my choosing. The group I interviewed with turned out to be future team of co-workers. Also supervisors was on a speaker phone in the room - I didn't find this out until afterwards. Good interviewing process for this type of position.

Interview Question – How to handle a sleeping trainee   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for as much as you can up front - all they can say is no! Annual salary increases are small unless you change positions - so ask for what you can up front.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Merchandising and Pricing Associate
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online, a day later I received a call to come in for an interview 3 days later. Monday, I went to my interview and waited about 10 minutes. I first interviewed the Lead of the department he asked basic questions for about 15 minutes and then took me to the floor and told me about certain codes. Afterwards I had my second interview the same day with the assistant manager. We discussed in depth questions and pay. The lead and the assistant manager went into a backroom, came back out and offered me the job.

Interview Question – What would you expect from your manager?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in February 2013.

Interview Details They asked about experience and previous projects and how you handled them. They went through step by step of those projects and reviewed how the applicant communicated with the stakeholders and how process and methodology would apply to their current culture. It was really straightforward and semi formal. I would expect the same from any employer that would be seeking talent to their PMO. I'm surprised they did not require the PMP certification but it was something they asked about in the interview. The best way in to this company is to know someone at the corporate office.

Interview Question – What the next steps would be in education or certifications   Answer Question

Office Associate Interview

Office Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details I applied online for this position over a month ago but still no reply. They told me to go online to see the status of the job application, which I did, and it just says that the position is still open and my application is processing.

Interview Question – What I would do if a customer approached me with a problem   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call about a few days later. The first interview was with a manager and went pretty quick. I didn't think I got the job, but I was called back later for a second interview. During the second interview, there was a group of 10 applicants being interviewed by the entire team of managers, and they also gave us a tour of the store. It took about an hour, and after it finished, everyone was offered a job

Interview Question – Mostly questions like "Why did you pick Sears" and "what does customer service mean to you," but there was also a part where we had to try and sell them a pen to show your salesman skills   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Assistant Retail Store Manager
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Interview Details You will need to come prepared, speak and ask questions the judge by 80/20 rule. 80
% you speak and 20% interviewer speaks. Dress for the interview do not wear jeans, t-shirt or have tattoos showing

Interview Question – When will items be delivered   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Winston-Salem, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Interview Details Short and simple, wasn't too difficult, asked about past retail experience, availablity, why i want to work there explained there would be training which was done and computers and very organized - had good training for position.

Interview Question – Entry level position - wasn't too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage - no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in May 2013.

Interview Details She was very nice open and generous. I loved working with her because she was understanding. I felt comfortable and at ease when interview so i was relaxed.The interview was short and sweet then next thing you noticed i was being asked to take a drug test so that's when i knew i was hired

Negotiation Details – nothing

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Consultative Sales Associate
Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2013.

Interview Details submitted on line and called in for a interview. first was with the regional manager, very casual.
second interview with sales manager. Just a few questions. He said,ok. we will give it a try with you. I was hired.

Interview Question – can you be retrained?   Answer Question

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!