Sears

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in February 2013.

Interview Details They asked about experience and previous projects and how you handled them. They went through step by step of those projects and reviewed how the applicant communicated with the stakeholders and how process and methodology would apply to their current culture. It was really straightforward and semi formal. I would expect the same from any employer that would be seeking talent to their PMO. I'm surprised they did not require the PMP certification but it was something they asked about in the interview. The best way in to this company is to know someone at the corporate office.

Interview Question – What the next steps would be in education or certifications   Answer Question

Office Associate Interview

Office Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details I applied online for this position over a month ago but still no reply. They told me to go online to see the status of the job application, which I did, and it just says that the position is still open and my application is processing.

Interview Question – What I would do if a customer approached me with a problem   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call about a few days later. The first interview was with a manager and went pretty quick. I didn't think I got the job, but I was called back later for a second interview. During the second interview, there was a group of 10 applicants being interviewed by the entire team of managers, and they also gave us a tour of the store. It took about an hour, and after it finished, everyone was offered a job

Interview Question – Mostly questions like "Why did you pick Sears" and "what does customer service mean to you," but there was also a part where we had to try and sell them a pen to show your salesman skills   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Assistant Retail Store Manager
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Interview Details You will need to come prepared, speak and ask questions the judge by 80/20 rule. 80
% you speak and 20% interviewer speaks. Dress for the interview do not wear jeans, t-shirt or have tattoos showing

Interview Question – When will items be delivered   View Answer

Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in May 2013.

Interview Details She was very nice open and generous. I loved working with her because she was understanding. I felt comfortable and at ease when interview so i was relaxed.The interview was short and sweet then next thing you noticed i was being asked to take a drug test so that's when i knew i was hired

Negotiation Details – nothing

Winston-Salem, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Interview Details Short and simple, wasn't too difficult, asked about past retail experience, availablity, why i want to work there explained there would be training which was done and computers and very organized - had good training for position.

Interview Question – Entry level position - wasn't too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage - no negotiation

Sales Associate - Fine Jewelry Interview

Sales Associate - Fine Jewelry
Burbank, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online with resume' information and then took an online questionnaire about the sales process and following company procedures. I was then called to come in to speak one-on-one with two store managers.

Interview Question – Would you make this position your career?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I believe I would have enjoyed the job but the income would not have been a livable wage.

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Consultative Sales Associate
Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2013.

Interview Details submitted on line and called in for a interview. first was with the regional manager, very casual.
second interview with sales manager. Just a few questions. He said,ok. we will give it a try with you. I was hired.

Interview Question – can you be retrained?   Answer Question

Store General Manager Interview

Store General Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sears in March 2012.

Interview Details I applied through a posting on Careerbuilder. A recruiter emailed me a week later for an initial phone screening. Then it became a complete mess. I was scheduled then rescheduled with 3 different district managers and locations. Between this time and the in-person interview, I completed a skills/personality assessment. Unlike other companies, you will NOT move on if you don't do well on this assessment (the ratings are recommend for hire and not recommended for hire, not a score) I finally got the in-person interview 3 months later. After that interview with the DM, I had a phone interview with the RVP and the RHRM. I received the offer a few days later and accepted.

Interview Question – There were your normal behavioral based "tell me about a time when" questions. Also be prepared to talk about metrics and how you have/how you will impact them. This is by FAR the most metric focused company I've been apart of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer I received was 10k less than what I was seeking. I rebuffed and we settled on an additional 5k. You want to be aggressive in the negotiation phase since the company no longer employs raises or a 401k match.

Yonkers, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in November 2013.

Interview Details Group interview with about 6 other people in a conference room sitting at lunch tables with manager sitting facing all of us asking questions and going over each of all of our availability and experience one by one, encouraged asking questions and joked around.

Interview Question – Why do you think they didn't keep you at your last job?   Answer Question

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!