Sears

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Mattress Sales Interview

Mattress Sales

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in February 2011.

Interview Details Easy two interviews all takes about a week but this has changed because shift of hiring set up which makes it take much longer than it use to. Overall still easy make sure you say nothing stupid one interview with lead then assistant store manager.

Interview Question – Nothing just basic situation questions just nervous because I had to wait so long before interview started.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their was none just straight hire

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Winter Park, FL (US)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2014.

Interview Details Worst interview process. The questions they ask and the criterias are not relevant For the job. The recruiter really needs to be more humble and never forget the start from 0 in the past.

Interview Question – What type of service do you manage?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Receiving Associate Interview

Receiving Associate
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2010.

Interview Details I filled out the application in store on a Monday and was called in for the interview the next day. The interview was only 20 minutes and the interviewer asked the standard run of the mill questions. I received the call two days later that I was hired. The process was ver informal and fast. I was able to negotiate my salary based upon my previous experience.

Interview Question – How long do you plan to work here   Answer Question

Sears Holdings HVAC Outside Sales Interview

Sears Holdings HVAC Outside Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2014.

Interview Details So their Outside Recruiting Company calls me and says they saw my resume on a job search website. The company rep explains the position and asks if I am interested. See sends me to the website that explains the details of the job. I click on a link to apply and get taken to a personality profile website were I have to create an account and spend 45 minutes answering all these weird questions.

Interview Question – How old are you?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details I applied online about 4 or 5 hours later I got a phone call from the HR manager to come in for an interview the next day. I went in for the interview. I had to wait for a few minutes because there was an issue with a customer. He took me in sat me down and just asked the regular questions. And we kinda just chatted. He told me what the job entailed asked me if I was ok pushing credit. All of which I was used to I had worked at Sears before so it was nothing new. After the interview concluded he said did I have more time to sit and talk with the operations manager I did have time however the manager did not have the time. He said to come in the next day for the interview and to bring my drivers license and SS card because he felt I was going to get a job offer right then. So I went in the next day and the operations manager was a little more of a business interview and it lasted longer. She said she was going to talk to the HR manager she left for no longer than 2 minutes came back and said that they were offering me the job. I filled out all the paperwork right there and that afternoon they called and set me up for orientation.

Interview Question – There weren't any hard questions. They just asked if I was ok with asking people for credit applications several times.   Answer Question

Human Resources Lead Interview

Human Resources Lead
Abbotsford, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sears in October 2012.

Interview Details There was a screening interview followed by a second round of detailed interview with a two person committee. They also did a thorough back ground and reference check with at least three references.

Interview Question – Retail is an exciting industry. How can you add to the excitement?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Braintree, MA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Interview Details Online application, then they called with an interview offer. The lady was very nice and open talking to me. The conversation was easy and the questions were understandable and easily answered. They were very interested in personal challenges I've overcome.

Interview Question – Nothing really. Very typical interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided to go to college instead.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Santa Maria, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details Application, next couple days you get a call by a recruiter, and then finally you go for a nightmare. Got to interview at 11:50am for a 12pm interview. 12:10pm interviewed by a really nice white guy in the department I applied for. Then 2 hours later....After waiting in a small lobby where you can overhear the corporate recruiter talking behind your backs on the opinion of candidates. She was a younger black lady and she seems to give favor to black candidates. I had previous customer service experience, a college degree in a related field, and the first manager who interviewed me I heard saying great things to her about me. Then I heard her talking down my degree and making assumptions like some one with a bachelor's degree really won't be here long. I was appalled by this and finally she came in offering me a position in another department. I had a bad gut feeling, but I said yes, but did some investigation and it turned out the manager in that department is one of the worse and they don't get a lot of business. I went back in there and asked what was going on and I would not work in that department. She created some lie and wouldn't say straight to my face why she had a problem with me. The lady who they hired had less experience and was black and maybe they thought a female could sell shoes better? Still I think it was discriminatory and after 2 hours a sorry or giving me an alternative would have been nice. I will never shop at Sear's again. I would not tell even the most desperate to work here. Commission is so low. You get $7/hr plus like $2 or $3 for commission on that day.

End corporate America now!

Reason for Declining – Department manager is a jerk and low pay.

I would not recommend this company even to my worse enemies.

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in March 2014.

Interview Details I was hired when they created the positon, so I was brought on with 100 others. The process took over 1 month. The 1st interview was a web recorded interview. I then had 2 skpye interviews and one face to face.

Interview Question – How would I self manage my time so that I have a work life balance   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details Typical initial online application. I got a response within a few days and it was quick and easy to set up the first interview. The interview went as most retail interviews do. Scripted questions tailored to the position with a few other added inquiries based on the interviewer. Getting in touch with someone to set up the second interview was impossible. Called a dozen times and not once was able to get a date and time from the manager for the second interview. Position was filled once I finally got a hold of the manager.

Interview Question – Name a time when you set a goal and failed. What was the goal and why did you struggle to achieve it? What could you have done to accomplish it next time?   Answer Question

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!