Sephora

184 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Beauty Advisor Interview

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in March 2014.

Interview Details Ive read several reviews on this, I was not in a group interview, I was one on one and had two interviews

Negotiation Details – Because I had previous retail experience in the beauty industry I was able to negotiate, when you have the skills and the employer sees that sometimes you can ask for more than what they generally offer. If they like you, they may negotiate and come up with an offer that may be suitable.

Cashier/BA Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in April 2014.

Interview Details Sephora is like my dream company, so I applied in store and filled out an application form. Several weeks later I got a phone call. The manager asked me some brief questions: "Why Sephora?" "Five year plan?" "Availability", and she invited me for an onsite interview the next week. I brought a cover letter and a reference letter as well. The interview was very pleasant, two interviewers, very nice people. The questions focused on customer service, e.g. tough customer, team work experience. After that the managers told me that they will get back to me either way. I was expecting a second interview, but they offered me the position directly after one week!!! I am so excited.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager asked me what my expectiontion was, and she gave a little higher than that.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora in January 2014.

Interview Details The initial part of interviewing with Sephora started with a 30-minute phone screening with third-party recruiter who shared my portfolio and resume with the hiring managers. After that I was invited to meet the hiring managers (the two heads of the User Experience team) for 45-minute in-person interviews which included reviewing about 3-4 portfolio examples.

Interview Question – Most questions were as expected (tell us why you want to work here, walk us through some portfolio work demonstrating this and this). The most difficult question in my interview was a technical question that I unfortunately hadn't had experience in.   Answer Question

Glendale, CA (US)

Interview Details I had applied online and the process took about three weeks. I was called for a group interview that included me and 4 other girls, each of us had opportunity to speak and was a very relaxed. Make sure you appear energetic and outgoing. Speak up and make your presence known without talking out of turn. Later I was called for a second interview with the Store Manager, very much like the first interview it was relaxed and I felt very comfortable. She invited me back for a "demo". In the demo I was asked to greet customers and interact as I would if I worked there. They want loud high energy people. Make sure you are talkative and interactive in this demo. The Assistant Manager said he would speak with the District Manager and contact me once she returned from vacation. Although, I did not get a call back the interviews were pleasant. Expect the process of being hired to take long.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. General questions were; "Why do you want to work at Sephora?", "Name a time you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it?", "How do you feel being under pressure?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Product Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details Took a few months to get in and situated. The manager was always grumpy and unorganized. Had one interview and was hired at a very low rate

Interview Question – no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – what about, 10.30 and hour? ok how about 10.75

Interviewed at Sephora

Interview Details It was a group interview, and it was very easy. We were all hired on the spot

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Sephora in February 2012.

Interview Details talked to three different people

Interview Question – tell us how many brands we carry   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the manager

Very Easy Interview

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sephora in January 2011.

Interview Details Phone interviews only.

Interview Question – All pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Counter offering is difficult, $15-$17 starting pay.

Store Lead Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details Frustrating from the begin with. I visited the Powell location for a 2 day job fair, although after get there on the 2nd day, one of the assistants informed that was done already. I said that the Craigslist ad mentioned that it would end at 8pm, not at 5pm. After wait a while, they took me to this little room where someone had a 5 min interview, very superficial interview. The recruiter said that I should expect an email by Monday (3 days after), however after no longer than 3 minutes after I step out of the store I got her email saying that they already found someone. I don't believe she couldn't simply be honest while I was in front of her 3 minutes ago, or simply tell me they already close the position but they would keep my resume for the future. That sounds fair and human to me.

Cashier
Seattle, WA (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sephora.

Interview Details I applied online to a few different stores, had a short phone interview, she set me up with a group interview. It wasn't as intense as it seems, very chill. It was 2 other girls. They both looked casual. I dressed in all black and white, make up fully done and a bold lip. You want to stick out. Asked us about 5-8 questions about our customer service skills, after it's over they will call you in a few days (in my case it was 10) for a second interview. Which is a 1-1 with the hiring manager, they get to know you a little more and ask more detailed questions. Then if you do good they will call you for a final interview with the store director. Its short and important you want him/her to remember you because they connect with the hiring manager to decide if they want to hire you. After all this and your still golden they will call you after they call your references and give you an offer of how much you'll start making and how many hours. Very long process.

Interview Question – What's 3 things that make a shift run smoothly?
How do you handle micro-clients?
What's some competitors?
Overall customer service experience.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They Offer what I wanted, no negotiation necessary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sephora

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sephora interview questions and advice. All 184 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Sephora employees and interview candidates.