Sheetz

48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview Details Typical questions from the store manager. Confirmed that they will not hire someone outside of company without food experience for assistant manager position. Even if you meet all the other qualifications. The DM likes to promote from within.

Interview Question – What do you think of the words "good enough"?   Answer Question

Salesperson

I applied online and interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview Details I applied for a job on the Sheetz website. The job I applied for was actually at another store than the one I got the interview, so I guess all Sheetz have access to applications submitted in an area. It was a week or two after I applied until I received a phone call to set up an interview. When I got to the interview I was offered a beverage before we started, but I declined. The interview was held in the backroom of the store. The interview itself was pretty standard.

Interview Question – The questions asked were average, but the question I tripped up on was "Who do you look up to?". In retrospect, it was an easy question. I didn't have an an answer at the time, so I had a long pause before I answered. In the future, I will have a better thought out answer to use.   Answer Question

Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned Interview

Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned
Claysburg, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sheetz in May 2014.

Interview Details Interview process consisted of five(5) meetings:
1.) Phone screening with HR manager
2.) Phone screen with HR manager and Director(Jack Leach)
3.) In-person interview with Director(Jack Leach) and current terminal manager
4.) In-person interview with Presideent(Buddy Casado) and Director(Jack Leach)
5.) Dinner interview with Director(Jack Leach) and current Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned
6.) Offer

Interview Question – Interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly they are digging to see what roles and responsibilities you have held in the past. They are wanting to see how manage people and what experiences you've had if you're coming from a transportation background. Keys to the interview would be to:

1.) talk about the number of employees you've supervised or managed at one time
2.) talk about what experiences you've had with tractor/trailer maintenance in terms of scheduling and tracking
3.) talk about your knowledge of FMCSA rules
4.) talk about your past financial experiences, ie PnL/budgeting
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I would consider the offer I received a lowball offer. $50,000/year base salary which is grossly undervalued for their job requirements(on-call 25/7/365 and traveling every week) with the possibility of up to a $28,800 bonus. The position comes with 48 bonus points and Sheetz has budgeted up to $600 per bonus point this year. Salary for the job should really be in the $$65,000-$70,000 per year. The bonus is not guaranteed and it is based on the company's financial performance.

Interviewed at Sheetz

Interview Details Online application with personality test, Interview with assistant managers and then drug testing. The interview really depends on the manager interviewing. I have known people who were turned away because they smiled too much while people who obviously didn't care the minute they walked in the door got the job. It just depends.

Interview Question – The only unexpected thing was that I had to take a math test.   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sheetz in May 2014.

Interview Details It took about two weeks for the application process to be finished. I applied online, did a video interview, did a phone interview, and was finally called in for an in person interview. The video interview was just three short questions that I had to record to send off. The phone interview was conducted by a staffing specialist in the corporate offices in Pennsylvania, which kind of surprised me. The in person interview was by far the easiest of the interviews! It was super casual, and the manager gave me a coffee on the house and we sat in the dining area. She asked me a lot of scenario based questions, as well as the standard interview questions. The interview was really free flowing, and the manager mentioned that she didn't have a set script for the interview. There was lots of talking and laughing, and that the end, she shook my hand and said she'd call back.

Interview Question – I was asked, "So, what other forms of communication do you use besides just talking?" and that really tripped me up. I had to ask for clarification. The rest were scenario based questions that were fairly easy.   Answer Question

Birdsboro, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sheetz in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got a got a call for an interview a few days later.
I went for the interview and it was a little harder than I expected. She took me to a small room in the back and there was a guy observing the interview, which made me nervous. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Some questions where basic: what do you know about Sheetz?
Where would ypou like to be in 5 years?
Describe Team Player.
What do you think of the sentence "good enough"?
After the interview she said she would get back to me by the end of the week. She did give me call saying I didn't get the job because I was better for a managing position.
I do remember leaving there with mixed feelings, I wasn't sure If i did good or not.

Interview Question – There where a few unexpected questions, but the only one I can remember was this one: How sweet can I be in a work place?   Answer Question

Zebulon, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sheetz in October 2012.

Interview Details My initial perception of the Sheetz culture was as a customer. I enjoyed the environment whenever I needed more than a fuel purchase. After I applied for a position online, I went into the location and spoke with management about my application. I received a call within a day or two to go in for an interview. I was offered a position right away. My start date was delayed for 5 weeks due to a tragic family event, but the offer remained open. Not many businesses will hold a position for a new employee, so I'm proud to say I work for Sheetz.

Interview Question – I don't recall any questions that were difficult to answer, nor did any aspect of the discussion/interview process seem unexpected.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Woodbridge, VA (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sheetz in January 2013.

Interview Details I speak from the side of the manager doing the interview. We go threw plenty of applications a week and try to set up at least a handful every week. We may not be hiring, but we are always willing to do interviews, you never know if this person can be a strong asset to your company. We ask a wide array of questions, but really look at questions dealing with customer service. That is the business that we are in, and would want all of our employees to display a strong urgency for taking care of our customers.

We try to contact all interviewees by phone to let them know the decision that has been made. Some stores even set up second interviews, especially for the management positions. Once we proceed with the hiring process there is a drug and background check that is associated with pre-hire, these results usually take a week to get back to the company.

Interview Question – I find that the most difficult question for most people is the 'describe yourself in 3 words' question. Most applicants take quite a bit of time to answer this question.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sheetz

Interview Details Apply online and get a call within the coming week

Interview Question – Normal customer service questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Salesperson

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sheetz in August 2010.

Interview Details It wasn't really a formal interview. They needed a person for third shift, I was a frequent customer. I filled out an application, they asked when I could start, & I got the job.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about it   Answer Question

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!