Sherwin-Williams

Updated 24 Nov 2014

2.6

Manager Training Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

First interview was great. I'm now waiting to go visit the store for my second interview. I know that I will get hired and claiming it. This company seems to have a great work life balance and that is great. The benefits and pay are great as well.

Interview Questions
    • How do you stay safe and what steps do you go about to remain safe?   Answer Question
    N/a

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Standard phone interview, I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself and then they asked that I go over my resume from my oldest job to my most recent job. They described the position in more detail and asked how I felt about it and about moving from my current city.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think they would have me go over my resume from oldest to most recent job in such detail, I was asked to go over every line.   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2014.

Applied online contacted by recruiter that afternoon.He was pleasant we set up a phone interview for 3 days later. Phone interview typical questions mostly about customer service and my current job as a restaurant manager.Was asked how far I could travel I said an hour. Was setup with a store visit the following week. Store visit was great, Store manager very informative about expectations. She told me she thought I would be an excellent fit. Recruiter contacted me again the next day, I was set up with a 3rd interview two weeks later. When I got to third interview they informed me that I was the last of six interviews that day and that four people would be interviewing me. I was the last interview of the day. Went through City manager first was a great interview he really liked me I could tell. Next interview with two people one was a Store manager who was training to do interviews. that also went well. Third in interviewed with District Manager, I felt like I talked too much with him, I also said something negative about current employer and regretted it as soon as I said it. At the end of interview he asked me how far I would travel, I said and hour. He said that someone would get back to me by Friday either way(This was Wednesday). No one called me by Friday, I figured they were busy and that they would call Monday. No call Monday. I got a letter in the mail on Monday postmarked Friday that I did not get job. I was Bummed I was very excited about Sherwin-Williams and they seemed excited about me. I assumed it was because of my interview with District Manager.I was unhappy that no one called. The reason I am still upset about this experience is that the next day the recruiter called to follow up he asked how the Interview went I told him obviously not well since they mailed me the generic reject letter. He told me that he was told that my interviews were fine but that I was not willing to relocate so they could not hire me since they had no openings in my area. I was never asked once throughout this whole process if I would relocate.I would not have gone to interview if that was the case. As for traveling I feel that an hour of travel to work is a generous offer to go sell paint. There are 25 locations within an hour of my home. I think there are other reasons I did not get hired. It was awful for them to call me after sending me that letter, just to tell me a lie. They still have a posting up that they are hiring for my area.

Internal Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2014.

I met Sherwin-Williams at the career fair. I had an on campus interview with two Internal Audit supervisors who listed out behavior questions form a specific packet, and the final round was with the Internal Audit Manager with more knowledge based and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I applied online with Sherwin Williams for the Management Training Program and by the next morning I had received an email from a recruiter who wanted to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and the interview was not very hard. The interview was mostly her trying to get a feel for who I was and whether or not this job would be something that I would like to do. After the interview, I received an email with contact information for a local manager of a Sherwin Williams store that I am to set up a store visit with. I am currently waiting to hear back from the Manager but so far my experience has been great and the recruiter as been very helpful. The next steps in the process are to meet with the local manager, report back to my recruiter and then if all goes well, interview with a district manager.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to speak with your current manager what would they say are some things that you could work on as an employee?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Met recruiters at campus career fair. It was pretty easy to get an interview, she just had me sign up on a sheet. She was very nice, but seemed to be grabbing any student that was interested no matter how they were.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the worst negative feedback you have received from a current employer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

There was 2 rounds, the first was a phone interview. Pretty basic questions - tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Second round was in the office, again pretty easy interview, just a little more in depth about yourself. Half of the interview is spent with the guy telling you about Sherwin and what he does/what you'll be doing.

Sales/Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Met campus recruiter at internship fair; gave resume and set up interview time on the spot. First interview with campus recruiter, second interview with city manager, email with contract a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty generic situational questions; one question- how do you take safety into consideration in your everyday life   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Summer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

All questions were fairly simple and project related. Good part was that they allowed me to ask them some questions about the kind of work I will get to do.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I found out about the job by a sign in the window of the store. I walked in and asked for an application. easy enough. I got a call a few days later and met with the store manager the same day. Basic interview questions were asked but it genuinely seemed like the manager cared about my personal life and not just what I was on paper. got the job and spent 2 years with the company. would work for them again.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone wanted a product that you had committed to another customer but that customer had not come to pick it up yet?   Answer Question
    I did negotiate and started $1 more an hour. They were quite reasonable.