Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

2.6

Intern, MTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Received an e-mail through my college's career development center of an HR rep from SW coming to hire for internships at school. Sent in a resume and cover letter and went in for a face-to-face interview. Was notified by HR within a week that I got it. Next step was to visit my training store in Saratoga Springs and ask the managers questions. After that, I had to meet with the district manager for placement.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked very basic questions to see how interested and dedicated you'd be to get involved with their internship. Asked about grades, schooling, etc.   Answer Question
    i didn't negotiate anything, I just wanted an internship for some business experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I randomly walked into the store , asked if they were hiring and applied . I spoke directly to the store manager every time .Relaxed envoirment but still very professional . Had my interview with the store manager, the next day interview i also interview with district manager. Most stores have a small staff so be prepared to work mornings and weekend. Customer service is important for this position so try to highlight your skill in this area.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question : Tell me about a time where you had a angry customer.   Answer Question
    He me ask how much I want t

Manager Training MTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

A good friend of mine that works for Sherwin had referred me to this position as I had just graduated with my Bachelors. (A requirement for this position) After applying online, it took over a month and a half for them to respond to me. It was near impossible to follow up on the application as it is all handled through their office in Atlanta. I reached out to their district office in order to find out how to do so and was eventually given a phone number for a hiring director. I called and got no response so I left a message. I was eventually notified that I was scheduled for a phone interview. I had felt the majority of it went quite well and was sure that I would be offered the opportunity for the in-person interview with the District Manager. After another week of waiting, I was notified via e-mail with a stock message saying that they had decided to pick another candidate that was more qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you weighed the pros and cons of a situation and then decided NOT to take action.   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

Phone interview is pretty straight forward 20 minutes of situational questions about past leadership, customer service, etc. Be quick on responses and just tell the truth, if you don't fully answer the question and ramble, the interviewer will question your response

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you brought an idea to a group of people the pros and cons of the idea and how people reacted to it and how you convinced the group go with your idea   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Basic STAR Format. Situation/Task, Action, Result. Past performance is best indicator of future performance.

Interview Questions
    You are told your salary, take it or leave it.

Sales/Management Intern Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. There was nothing really surprising. It started with taking about my prior experience. Then we went into behavioral questions such as: What do you expect to get out of this internship, what sort of responsibilities did you take on with prior employers ect.

Interview Questions
    • How do you incorporate safety into your everyday life?   View Answer

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I applied online and received an invitation to set up a phone interview/screening shortly after. The interviewer was very casual and unprofessional at times. I then found out that I was being interviewed for a territory other than the one that I applied for. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would receive an e-mail with instructions to set up the next step in the process. This e-mail never arrived. I sent a follow-up e-mail to check on this issue, and never received another response from this company.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Very long process. I have had 3 interviews so far and one in store visit and I don't know when it is going to stop.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Applied through the career fair at my school and went in for an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your dream job (Apparently the answer he said he would have said was "to sell Ferraris")   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fernandina Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fernandina Beach, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

They ask you typical interview questions like why do you want to work here? What would you do or what have you done in past experiences dealing with upset customers? etc… In my experience they like to throw in a fun question to gauge your personality. Most employees are down to earth so don't be intimidated. They are looking for someone who is friendly and smart. Just be yourself and be calm. They don't throw any curve ball questions.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you what you know about the company. It's always best to do research on a company before an interview.   Answer Question
    When hired or promoted to key holder you have to have a minimum car insurance coverage. I had to change mine to get the promotion…it was only $10-15 difference and it was worth the pay increase. You also get a pay increase every year being there.