Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated 25 Oct 2014
Updated 25 Oct 2014

2.6

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

The interviewing process was as easy as can be. There is a 3 step process. The first step is the phone interview there is a recruiter who calls you and the call is about 30-45 minutes. After the phone interview, the recruiter will set you up for the second step which is the in-store interview. The in-store interview is usually about an hour to two hours long. I was told the store that I would be visiting and given the number to call the store manager to set up a time and date that was convenient for the both of us. I also asked what he recommended I wear which he told me khakis and collar shirt would be fine. It includes a tour of the store and a interview with the store manager and the assistant manager. Before you arrive, the recruiter will send you a questionnaire to print out and take with you for the in-store interview and it basically has questions that you should ask which gives you further details about the store and the business. The store manager asks his/her questions then you turn around and ask the questions listed on the sheet. Same goes for the assistant manager. If you make it to the 3rd step, you will be contacted by the District Manager to set up the final interview. Be sure to dress your best because this will be more of a professional interview than the first two were. After speaking with the District Manager you will then be contacted by the recruiter later in the week to offer or not offer you the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't so bad. The phone and the District Manager interview asked similar questions such as "Why do you want to work for the Sherwin- Williams Company?, What is good customer service? How would you handle an angry customer? "Based on the store visit, what would you change about the store?" Are you willing to relocate?" I realized that Glassdoor was the best source to prepare for the job interview with this company.   Answer Question
    I was hired by the District Manager and was offered the job where I gladly accepted. The recruiter sent the offer letter to my email address and I had a couple of days to accept or decline. The offer letter consist of the store location as well as the benefits and salary.

College Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

Three-part interview process which began with a telephone interview, then moved on to a store visit, and finally an interview with the district manager. The initial recruiter who gave you the phone interview stayed with you during the whole process and helped with any questions and always followed up to help schedule the next step. Everyone was very friendly, very obviously loved the company, and it was a great experience. The questions were pretty typical and included things like, "where do you see yourself in _ years?" or "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer," "why do you want to work for Sherwin-Williams?" etc. The recruiter was the only one who had actually really looked at your resume and would ask questions over that, the store visit was more for you to ask questions and see if you wanted to work there, and the district manager asked a lot of the same questions as the telephone interview, but it was just more serious and in a professional setting.

Interview Questions
    • Give a specific example of when you had to deal with a customer in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of times where you have been a leader and talk about your leadership style   Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary was set already.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Interview Questions
    • The questions were normal questions. There was some situational questions on the last interview.   Answer Question
    No, negotiation.

Intern, MTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Received an e-mail through my college's career development center of an HR rep from SW coming to hire for internships at school. Sent in a resume and cover letter and went in for a face-to-face interview. Was notified by HR within a week that I got it. Next step was to visit my training store in Saratoga Springs and ask the managers questions. After that, I had to meet with the district manager for placement.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked very basic questions to see how interested and dedicated you'd be to get involved with their internship. Asked about grades, schooling, etc.   Answer Question
    i didn't negotiate anything, I just wanted an internship for some business experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I randomly walked into the store , asked if they were hiring and applied . I spoke directly to the store manager every time .Relaxed envoirment but still very professional . Had my interview with the store manager, the next day interview i also interview with district manager. Most stores have a small staff so be prepared to work mornings and weekend. Customer service is important for this position so try to highlight your skill in this area.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question : Tell me about a time where you had a angry customer.   Answer Question
    He me ask how much I want t

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

Phone interview is pretty straight forward 20 minutes of situational questions about past leadership, customer service, etc. Be quick on responses and just tell the truth, if you don't fully answer the question and ramble, the interviewer will question your response

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you brought an idea to a group of people the pros and cons of the idea and how people reacted to it and how you convinced the group go with your idea   Answer Question

Manager Training MTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

A good friend of mine that works for Sherwin had referred me to this position as I had just graduated with my Bachelors. (A requirement for this position) After applying online, it took over a month and a half for them to respond to me. It was near impossible to follow up on the application as it is all handled through their office in Atlanta. I reached out to their district office in order to find out how to do so and was eventually given a phone number for a hiring director. I called and got no response so I left a message. I was eventually notified that I was scheduled for a phone interview. I had felt the majority of it went quite well and was sure that I would be offered the opportunity for the in-person interview with the District Manager. After another week of waiting, I was notified via e-mail with a stock message saying that they had decided to pick another candidate that was more qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you weighed the pros and cons of a situation and then decided NOT to take action.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Basic STAR Format. Situation/Task, Action, Result. Past performance is best indicator of future performance.

Interview Questions
    You are told your salary, take it or leave it.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I applied online and received an invitation to set up a phone interview/screening shortly after. The interviewer was very casual and unprofessional at times. I then found out that I was being interviewed for a territory other than the one that I applied for. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would receive an e-mail with instructions to set up the next step in the process. This e-mail never arrived. I sent a follow-up e-mail to check on this issue, and never received another response from this company.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Very long process. I have had 3 interviews so far and one in store visit and I don't know when it is going to stop.