Shoppers Drug Mart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in April 2013.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process is on average. Just some behavioral questions and talk for about 20 minutes. No difficult questions. The hiring manager is a pretty good person. First, I get a phone call, then interview face by face.

Front Store Supervisor Interview

Front Store Supervisor
Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details The Interview:
Stage 1: Meeting with the previous FSP
( waiting period of 2 months )
Stage 2: After waiting 2 months, finally heard back from them via email, asking me to come back in for a secondary interview, which I had agreed.
( waiting period AGAIN 2 weeks )
Stage 3: After another long wait got an email again, asking me to come in for the 3rd interview
I went to my 3rd interview, oh wait the owner wasn't available to make it so, I can to re-schuele for the following morning, so I can came back the next day and the owner couldn't give me any proper attention, NEVER made eye contact not once with me.
( IT'S TYPICALLY LIKE THE OWNER NEVER CARRIED )
Stage 5: Awaited to hear back, so I sent a Thank you letter to the employer, and the Store manager said that she told me the day after that I never got the job!!!! That they gave it to someone else inside the company. But they wanted to offer a floaters job of working all departments, ha ha NO!!

Seriously A WHOLE WAITING TIME OF ALMOST 3 MONTHS TO HEAR YOU GAVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE, TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME... I was looking forward to hearing from them and getting into what I believed was a good company, but dealing with employees over email and discussing a career with the company isn't how to properly conduct business.
Was very much let down, Shoppers Drug Mart ( Oakville )

Interview Question – There really wasn't any, all questions were typical   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online. 2 weeks later they called me for a job interview. It was easy. The environment is so friendly. I prepared for the interview, took my resume, and reference letter, dressed professional.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Shoppers Drug Mart?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cosmetician Interview

Cosmetician
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details Quick chat. Not a formal interview. They do most of the talking about salary and duties. Very few questions really asked other than why do you want to work here, what is your availability.

Interview Question – None. Very easy process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is less than expected. I said what I wanted and they came back $2.00 less with no wiggle room.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Pharmacy Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in July 2014.

Interview Details Got and email reply to
meet for an interview. Took about a week process . Met the manager and talked about what I know about shoppers system"healthwatch", what was learned in the internship

Interview Question – What did you learn in your internship   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Manager asked if I am working anywhere else . My current Rate salary expectation. If I want Full time or part-time work and IF There is ang work restrictions (time of shift)

Promotions Strategy Analyst Interview

Promotions Strategy Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2014.

Interview Details Two rounds and a case. First round with a senior manager for about an hour, mostly just walked through resume and got asked a few brain-teasers (e.g. why put product A on promotion? how to judge effectiveness of promotion?). A business case on promotions followed. The second round was with more senior people and more a fit/character interview.

Interview Question – 1st round interview had some promotions brain-teasers, so understand what the purpose of promotions are within the broader set of corporate objectives.   Answer Question

Cash Supervisor Interview

Cash Supervisor
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in September 2010.

Interview Details Dressing formally is definitely a plus even though it was an entry level position. Always have a firm hand shake and practice good eye contact skills. Small little interview etiquette such as waiting for the interviewer to be seated before you seat will also earn you points as you are showing respect.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Front Store Manager Interview

Front Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2014.

Interview Details 2 phone interview ,all very positive was told the position will take 4-6 weeks to be filled. Who has thus much time to wait when job searching .online apps are to speed up the process

Interview Question – What was the sakes volume of the last company you worked for . Not one to give out confidential info even if I'm nit working for that company any longer   Answer Question

Cashier/Merchandiser Interview

Cashier/Merchandiser

Interview Details they asked the basic questions....why do you want to work here and so on. if you are honest on why you want the job they would be more likely to take you on

Very Difficult Interview

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Pharmacy Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details I applied online and got a phone call from their HR department a few hours later. The next morning I had a phone interview. I was told that I would know if I am short listed the next day and if I am successful I will be called for an in person interview by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

Worked for Shoppers Drug Mart? Contribute to the Community!