Sikorsky Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.5

Aerospace Engineer Coop Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

Phone Interview. Pretty basic stuff over the phone, i.e. interests, goals, etc. Nothing too stressful. Very professional over the phone but kind of laid back. Was not too technical but did ask about previous course work in school.

IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks from initial contact. I applied online, a couple of weeks later I got contacted by a recruiter for screening and initial interviews. The hiring manager then followed up with me and was very professional, he knows his stuff and definitely a guy I really looked forward to meeting.

Then got called onsite for super day. Went through security, had the plant and site tour, then met with the HR person in addition to both hiring managers, in addition to lunch. Both were professional and well informed, in addition to the meetings going well.

Then....the hiring lady goes "You'll hear from me in a week". I follow up after the meeting with a thank you note. A week goes by, nothing, two weeks go by, nothing. So I reach out only to be told they haven't made a decision yet. This is after a lack of follow through, especially since in our field follow ups are extremely critical to getting anything done....and we discussed this during the interviews as well. I thought the staff was very professional, but the lack of follow through was a bit off putting especially since people take the time and there are expectations set.

One thing to note though....I found the on site interviews a bit over-staged. Plant tours, videos about the company, lunch provided, cafeteria, library tour etc was a bit too much. Those things are usually done after an offer has been made and accepted. Not when you're just interviewing candidates. So that was a bit off putting.

So it's been 6 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Role specific questions, scenario questions.   1 Answer

IT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Whole process took two weeks, though nothing was ever on time. From the first phone call to the actual interviews.
    Spoke with the HR lackey, then the hiring manager, things appeared to have gone well. Then went in for the in-person interviews. That was a whole production that wasn't necessary since it involved at least 25 other candidates. They did this whole presentation, videos, plant tours, even provided lunch. That was a bit too much.....thought that was something you did after making the offer.
    Actual interview was ok, seemed very scripted and they were just going through the motions. Only real meaningful part was when the actual IT guy had some discussions around the position, expectations etc. It all seemed to go well.

Then zero follow up. Thats the one part that should have been the red flag even from the initial interviews. No follow up email, no updates, not even the automated email. I don't think some HR people realize they are also being observed / interviewed, they seem to turn themselves into a brick wall between the organization and the public. Needless to say I was turned off and tried to follow up. The response was flat...."no updates at this time". The lady just seemed very standoffish but then again perhaps that's the culture there.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Began with brief phone screen, pretty informal. A few days later I was asked in for in-person interview. I began with an HR Generalist and the Operations Head, then I was toured around by the dept manager. Whole process took about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty standard interview questions, including, "what was the most recent kaizen event you led and what was the result?"   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR talked briefly on the phone, after which invited for an on campus interview. The interview day consisted of two interviews, 1 with an hr rep. and a engineer from the team I'd be joining. Pretty standard questions, asked about my resume, tell me about a time. After which I had an interview with 3 managers from the different teams, pretty standard also no curve balls. The second interview was more technical than the first. Asked me about filters, controllers etc.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

1st call from the recruiter.
    2nd call from the hiring manager.
    3rd was an onsite interview with HR and Design lead. (very Technical interview)

took drug test and catia test to see if i knew what i was talking about. Really interesting stuff.
    asked me about using the different various workbenches within the software.

Interview Questions

• Alot of technical questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stick to your guns with what your worth.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

Applied through college career fair and then was invited to Super Day. From there had two interviews with two different people. I was given a tour of the facility and a presentation on the company and organizations within the company as well.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. Was mostly just a conversation with two people about the company. Very casual and laid back.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

Applied online and received a relatively quick phone Interview from the hiring manager. Received an offer the same week. There wasn't really much to it. Have a really good resume because that is what managers focus on reading before they select you for an interview. The process was relatively quick and painless, however, it was very late. My phone interview was done in early May, and my start date was in June.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were very simple and basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

I was contacted to set up a phone interview, and then I had a short phone interview with the hiring engineer just to see if I had interest. Afterwards, I was interviewed on-site, going through 4 rounds of interviews. They asked typical behavioral questions provided by HR, and it was generally a very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. As long as you had experiences already in mind to describe team efforts and challenges, you can answer the "Describe a time when..." type questions very easily.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was inviting to Sikorsky's Super Day and was pretty shocked that the interview was with a group (O&R) who explicitly told me over the phone that other parts of the company would be more in line with my skill-set. The majority of the day was just being shown around and told the benefits of the company with one 45-minute period of questions that were not technical in nature. It was not unexpected when I was not offered a job as I was once again told the same thing by the same person who interviewed me by phone. The whole experience was seemingly a pointless exercise for both parties involved and I was expecting to be interviewed by someone else.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone not fulfilling their duties?   Answer Question