Sitel Interview Questions

Updated 6 Oct 2014
Updated 6 Oct 2014

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sitel in October 2014.

Few questions to get to know about candidate's personal value, then move on to the usual behavioral questions. there is also a role play at the end. If you speak multiple language or have experience with their product it will be a bonus

Customer Service Agent- Toys R Us Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sitel in September 2014.

very easy process. I applied on a Friday night and I did not do the assessment. I received a text message the next morning stating that they were interested in an interview and to respond with my name and phone number..which I did. I was contacted that same day and did a speed test and I was asked to open 3 browsers. The rep wanted to make sure I was "computer savvy". I was told that she would recommend me to the next level.

I had not heard anything, after 4 days I checked my spam and saw an invite for an interview. I was going to start fresh and wait until Monday to do the interview but I just did the interview request on a Sunday and a recruiter called me that night at 9 pm est. The interview consisted of the same questions as the initial interview. I was sent paperwork to accept the offer and complete the registration and I scheduled myself for the drug test

No negotiation $9 an hour

Customer Care Representative Interview

I went through the process for direct tv and toys r us. I'm a little ticked off because I was offered a position at directtv and turned it down. Then I didn't get the position at toys r us. The interviewer for direct tv was very warm and responsive and the other lady was so dry and uninterested. I knew I didn't get the position. I correctly answered the questions and my PC made the requirements, but I guess she already hired enough ppl for the day. I was disappointed. Hopefully I can reapply.

Interview Questions

I wanted another position but I will never do that again.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sitel in August 2014.

The application process is a bit lengthy. After filling out basic information, there are different scenarios dealing with the customer that you have to listen to and decide what the best solution would be. There is also an optional section for those interested in tech support. That section deals with mostly order and sequence. Then, there is a typing test at the end. After the test, there is a number that we must call for a 4 question voice audition. After completing everything, I received an e-mail about two days later asking what day I'd like to schedule the interview. I could choose one of three dates given and the time as well. I was given a confirmation through my e-mail the same day. They also sent me a reminder text message the day of the interview. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. I was told I got the job as soon as the interview was over. Afterwards, I had to go to a computer and fill out ANOTHER application about previous jobs, etc. I also had to accept the offer online and fill out consent forms and such. It took forever. Once that was done, I was handed a paper and was told that I had 48 hours to go to the hospital and have my drug test taken. Once the drug test and background check are cleared, I'm all set. I was told the job would start in two weeks, but they would e-mail me with all the details.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time you were upset on a job and why.
      2. Tell me about a time something happened out of your control that upset a customer and how you handled the situation.
      3. Do you believe it is important to come to work on time and why?
      4. Would you rather have a job that pays $11.00 an hour without benefits or a job with less pay but with incentives and why?
      5. Tell me your level of experience with the computer (beginner, intermediate, or expert) and why you chose that answer, and name some computer programs that you have used.
      6. Tell me a time you had to be persuasive on a job.
      7. Tell me a time you broke company policy and why.
      8. How many days of work did you miss on your last job?
      9. Tell me a time when you were given specific instructions about something, and what was the hardest part about following those instructions?
      10. Tell me about a time you had to listen very carefully to someone, and how did you make sure you understood exactly what they were saying?
      11. Tell me about a time you had to make an immediate decision, and what was the outcome?

There was nothing out of the ordinary.
        Answer Question
    There was really no negotiation phase. I was asked what my desired pay would be. Then, I was told what they pay for the position. However, the interviewer also said there would be raises and other opportunities to make more money.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The company is a absolute joke plain and simple. You complete an application and then they interview you with silly questions. The hire everybody and then they send you off to take a drug test. However the company is made up of a bunch of high school drop outs and thugs, who go out into the parking lot and smoke weed and blast their car radios. What a horrible place to work.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions they hire whom ever walks through the door.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Sitel.

I got either 2 or 3 interviews. They went over everything I needed to know and provided paid training. It was all done remotely. The recruiter was very helpful and answered all my questions.

It was more of a "this is how it is going to be and this is what you can expect." They based my wage on my experience and it was higher than my previous jobs so I felt what they were offering was reasonable.

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sitel in June 2014.

After several conversations with "Hiring Manager X", a verbal offer that was agreed at "dollar amount K" and an explanation of the bonus structure to include what it currently is and the new process to come in a couple of weeks and a review of the benefits, I finally received a very delayed response that I was NOT selected for the position.

After the offer was given, I was told that "Hiring Manager X" wanted me to speak with another colleague at the beginning of the week, which I did. I also spoke to the Hiring Manager's boss as well. Correspondence that things look good was relayed, but suddenly several days went by and communication stopped.

After I finally made an inquiry, "Hiring Manager X" called me and told me that he was sorry and someone with my experience and being in HR should understand that you don't always get the job you applied to.

I reminded "Hiring Manager X" that he gave me an offer, did not engage me with further instruction on next steps of the offer until I emailed him several days later, his follow-up commitment to trying to find out what went "wrong" in the process, to no returned response until my email and his follow up phone call. He again apologized.

I was finally told my sourcing was strong enough. Shocked, I sent additional correspondence to support my experience (even after I thought I had the job offer?). I inquired about what the organization was looking for as it relates to Recruitment initiates for this position and was told by "Hiring Manager X" he would speak with the others about the conversations and their thoughts. I was also reassured by "Hiring Manager X" that he felt I was qualified for this position but would get more information and to NOT write if off totally yet.

I don't understand if I did something wrong, if my character profile was not what the company was looking for, if something was recovered regarding my experience that was concerning, if my referrals were not adequate enough to support my experience, or if I was just put through a broken process.

Humiliating and Embarrassing. I would not recommend this company.

Horrible and then was told I was not selected, after several days and my final inquiries to understand what happened.

Customer Service Representative Work From Home Directv Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sitel in June 2014.

My interview was scheduled at 9:00 am central time however the interviewer called me at 8:50 am. I had no problem hearing her but she kept asking if it was a bad time for me? Like she wanted me to say yes.

Interview Questions
    • craziest question. "I though you said you did't have a computer? " I said that I wanted to work with them because they provide the equipment except for the monitor. If I didn't have a computer how did I use the internet to do the speedtest and answer all the crazy questions you just asked me?   View Answer

Aaa Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sitel in June 2014.

I applied online and did the assessment tests, then I received an email asking for a speed test. After that I got an invitation to a phone interview. The interview was really easy, she just asked me to open a few web pages and look for certain things. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that was asked was if I had an open schedule.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sitel.

There are usually 2 prescreen interviews which aren't that hard. They need a speedtest of your internet upload and download. They ask questions about your ability to troubleshoot a computer and about your ability to sale to others.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any unless you are not familiar with how to operate your computer.   Answer Question
    salary is the same for everyone