Société Générale Interview Questions

2.9

Manager, Securitization Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Société Générale.

Found the job through the internet. Applied for the job and was then called for a meeting with HR and a member of the team. Later had a meeting with the head of the team. I was called a few days later telling me that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    I asked for an amount $10k more that I was offered, a few days later I received an offer based on the amount that I requested.

Legal Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Société Générale.

I was selected to interview after submitting my resume through a school-sponsored database. I attended their super day over the phone because I couldn't fly out at the time (Snowpocalypse '14). I only had two interviews that lasted about 20 minutes each. The first was more of a judge of fit (why do I want to work here, what do I think I'd be doing for them, etc.) and the second picked at my qualifications to be a good legal intern (how do I think I'm qualified for this position). They got back to me in about a week with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you're qualified for the job?   View Answer
    No negotiation involved

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in September 2014.

Two rounds of technical interviews followed by one managerial and one hr rounds. They generally conduct interviews as drives so, expect a lot of candidates to be present with similar skill set as yours.

Interview Questions
    • sql join questions for a front end developer position   View Answer

Graduate Trainee, Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale in August 2014.

Originally applied as legal trainee for corporate & investment banking and I was turned down but a recruiter called me a month later in relation to a different trainee position that they felt better suited my skills and experience. The phone call was just a general chat about the position and then they emailed me the specification, I replied detailing my interest and an interview date was set. The interviewer was very pleasant, one of the lawyers that the successful applicant would be working under. Note, HR people did not interview me so I suspect they are just looking for someone that is keen and that they could work well with. The interviewer didn't ask any trick questions and most of the time was spent explaining the role and how the role plays within SocGen as a whole. Further, the interviewer emphasised that people normally only stay within this role for a year - it is to be viewed as an experience/stepping stone and realistically not as the start of a continued career within SG.

Credit Research Analyst () Interview

I applied for few internship roles, was not successfull but CV was stored and HR called me back 3 months later to offer me another role, closer to my previous work experiences and skills set. Took a writing test with 10 questions on calculating basic ratios and metrics (FCF, EBITDA, etc). Then met with two senior analysts via videoconference (was in Paris, job based in London). 10 days later, got a job offer

Interview Questions
    • give a brief financial analysis of this specific company/sector   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale.

Back to back 3 interviews
    - First for business knowledge 1/2 an hour
    - Second technical interview 1 hour
    - Third with the manager mostly behavioral interview, questions about handling pressure, communication with the clients, troubleshooting techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, straight forward questions regarding .NET framework development.   Answer Question
    If they need you they will hire you

Financial Engineer Pricing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Société Générale in May 2014.

Applied via campus recruiting system, got Interviewed 5 times, and 1 on-site interview at SG's trading floor. All technical questions on options, exotics, hybrids, some vba programmings, probability brain teaser, interest rate models, correlation related questions, stochastic models...

Interview Questions
    • All are difficult. But if well prepared, it won't be too crazy.   Answer Question

Middleware Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, I completely forgot my experiences. I decided to take a look at the job. I agreed to the phone interview which i agreed. The decided to bring me in for a face to face. I fly from Florida to Jersey City. Once I got there and found out that I was black, it was like I should not be there. The most racist interview in my life. I was told that I was not Jewish.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview was fairly reasonable. Nothing too bad, generally the expected questions.

Interview Questions
    Don't negotiate a summer internship, dummy

Product Control Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter, and went thru 3 round interviews. But the position at the final round seemed different from what I was told at the beginning. Mainly technical VBA questions, plus some basic questions about the financial market and derivatives. The final round is mostly behavioral, like what is your interest, what is your favorite position if you can choose.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult in the technical part, but as a foreigner, the behavioral questions are all difficult for me.   Answer Question