Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.9

Manager, Securitization Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Société Générale (Sydney).

Interview

Found the job through the internet. Applied for the job and was then called for a meeting with HR and a member of the team. Later had a meeting with the head of the team. I was called a few days later telling me that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for an amount $10k more that I was offered, a few days later I received an offer based on the amount that I requested.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

There are three rounds of interview. 1h for each. All three take around 3 weeks. The last one is HR interview. The whole process was relaxd, maybe it's related to the job function. Easy questions about financial market, basic knowledge. The interviewer are very kind.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

7 interviews, 1 external with solic

Asked about previous experiences and what I would like to gain from the internship.
    Passed the first round and added to the shortlist for the final round, but wasn't selected

In the UK, we have significant activities in each of our core business areas.
    Global Investement Management Services
    Securities Services
    Private Banking and wealth Management
    Equipment Finance
    Vehicle Leasing

Interview Questions

• what are the different ways to have to software exchange data.   1 Answer
    • Static String location;
      Static DateTime time;
      Console.WriteLine(location == null ? “location is null” : location);
      Console.WriteLine(time == null ? “time is null” : time.ToString());
      Location is null (reference), print DateTime.MinValue (value)

Answer Question
    • What is the angle between the hour-hand and minute-hand of a clock at 3:15?   1 Answer

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

I applied online via SocGen website and got a phone call after 3 weeks where we scheduled phone interview 1 week later. The interview was with the team leader and apart from my profile the questions were rather technical. I was supposed to get feedback in couple of days, this was postponed twice though (I think they were waiting was someone better despite claiming it is an urgent hire). After the decision, they did not give any feedback. The interview was carried in both English and French (although the position did not require any French and it is not my native language either).

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the formula for equity forward?
      Q: What are parameters of Black-Scholes formula?
      Q: What are the ways to calculate volatility? Describe in detail.
      Q: VBA: What is Option explicit? What is collection?

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had 3 interview rounds and took me 2 months process

First round was on an campus interview,don't lose hope when you are rejected for the first round.It was very interactive session followed up previous exp questions and behavioral questions with team management.

Next two were telephonic rounds each lasted for 30 mins more of technical on java,algorithms

Interview Questions

• 1.what is binary tree?

2.How to write a class

3.What are differences between constructor and class

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephonic interview if you are from different city followed by a face to face. I travelled to banglore to give f2f. Telephonic took around 45min and f2f took around 2 hours. HR was over phone.

Interview Questions

• Mostly around xp practicies, TDD & ATDD practices. Write a code with TDD approach. Explain current project achitecture.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

technical round,3 technical interviews and 1 hr interview
    Th e written was easy.
    The Technical rounds are bit difficult as they are checking your knowledge in depth.
    As the interview leads the difficulty is also increasing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

I applied via email and got an invitation for a personal interview the next morning for a few days later. The interview lasted about 1.5 hours and three people interviewed me. They were all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How does a Twin win look like? How do you replicate the payoff of a Barrier Wof RC? What are the pros/ cons of a barrier wof rc.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Société Générale (Milan (Italy)) in February 2015.

Interview

One round interview for. I applied online for the position and after some days they called me. The interview lasted less than 1 hour in total with different people that arrived at differeent times. The overall procedure was quite relaxed, they did not seem too much interested in motivational stuff but more focused on simple tecnical aspects about the position. The interview was not very hard and with a little bit of preparation giving the right answer shoul not be a problem. No brain teasers.

Process Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

Aptitude was hardcore Tech and general aptitude followed by GD.
    Tech topics like c, oops, data structures, operating systems and others.
    Aptitude round will be same for MBA and BE,Btec. Be prepared with your engineering subjects and your projects

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked detail about the project, few logical question and general knowledge questions   Answer Question