Société Générale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager, Securitization Operations Interview

Manager, Securitization Operations
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview Details Found the job through the internet. Applied for the job and was then called for a meeting with HR and a member of the team. Later had a meeting with the head of the team. I was called a few days later telling me that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – No unusual question, just be yourself!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for an amount $10k more that I was offered, a few days later I received an offer based on the amount that I requested.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Société Générale in August 2013.

Interview Details Got a call through a consultant Triple'A Plus product in SG. I had 2 Face to Face technical rounds in Bangalore, 1 from Geneva (for Triple'A Plus product) and one HR round. The questions were specifically from Triple'A Plus as I worked for more than 2 yrs in that Product. The senior interviewer didn't know that much about the product where as being from the Triple'A Plus R&D team, I knew more than them. I got selected..

Interview Question – To customize Triple'A Plus, we used to use Design Studio (a licensed version from Temenos & SG was not buying the license) hence I was asked manual customization process.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not much technical work that I was expecting from them.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2012.

Interview Details College Interview
Written Test and GD round-Just need to speak,that's enough
Basic Aptitude -No technical Depends on the interviewer
HR -Why SG basic questions just had to convince him that being from bombay I wont leave within a year

Interview Question – Just depends on weather you are interviewed by a Manager or a Developer Should have some Business knowledge   Answer Question

Credit Research Analyst () Interview

Credit Research Analyst ()

Interviewed at Société Générale

Interview Details I applied for few internship roles, was not successfull but CV was stored and HR called me back 3 months later to offer me another role, closer to my previous work experiences and skills set. Took a writing test with 10 questions on calculating basic ratios and metrics (FCF, EBITDA, etc). Then met with two senior analysts via videoconference (was in Paris, job based in London). 10 days later, got a job offer

Interview Question – give a brief financial analysis of this specific company/sector   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview Details Back to back 3 interviews
- First for business knowledge 1/2 an hour
- Second technical interview 1 hour
- Third with the manager mostly behavioral interview, questions about handling pressure, communication with the clients, troubleshooting techniques.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, straight forward questions regarding .NET framework development.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If they need you they will hire you

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

Interview Details The interview was a quick session from morning to noon one day. There were 3 rounds in all, 2 with the hiring management and 1 with the HR. Not very tough or inquisitive interview as such. Most of the interviewing managers/staff tend to be developers turned into managers.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult as most of the questions were basic and standard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a decent hike in the initial offer. I countered with my counter offer. 1 day later, they accepted my counter-offer. HR wasn't very strong in negotiating.

Financial Engineer Pricing Intern Interview

Financial Engineer Pricing Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Société Générale in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied via campus recruiting system, got Interviewed 5 times, and 1 on-site interview at SG's trading floor. All technical questions on options, exotics, hybrids, some vba programmings, probability brain teaser, interest rate models, correlation related questions, stochastic models...

Interview Question – All are difficult. But if well prepared, it won't be too crazy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Société Générale in April 2013.

Interview Details Got interview from college alumnus referral. First one phone about 30 mins. Then two onsite interviews. The first one was pure technical which lasted 2 hours. The last on side interview was only about half an hour meeting only one person. A lot of VBA and options questions.

Interview Question – calculate sqrt(10) manually   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Very Easy Interview

Middleware Administrative Interview

Middleware Administrative
Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in April 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, I completely forgot my experiences. I decided to take a look at the job. I agreed to the phone interview which i agreed. The decided to bring me in for a face to face. I fly from Florida to Jersey City. Once I got there and found out that I was black, it was like I should not be there. The most racist interview in my life. I was told that I was not Jewish.

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Middle Office Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2010.

Interview Details A highly professional attitude.

Interview Question – Difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negociation was according to the level of seniority implied by the job.

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!