Southwest Airlines Customer Care Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Called in for face to face interview...Asked various questions, non which related to my actual experience more to why I would want to work for Southwest Airlines

Interview Questions
  • I expected to give details of my job history but instead it was more of a personality review..   View Answer
Many stages of hiring process which they keep you well informed of at each step..

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Customer Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2011.

Some phone tag time, but overall reasonable response time. First had an 'over the phone' interview, followed with clear instructions to complete paperwork and drug test and background testing, which was to completed after the phone and office 'one on one' interviews completed. The rest of the process was fairly fast and then 2 weeks wait there after till training class began. Trained for 6 weeks then entered into job position. Is followed with 90 day eval and 6 mos probation.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard or unexpected. Basically wanted to know if I was prepared to enter into a really structured environment after discussing my former job duties (which I had been in customer care for many years at my last job).   View Answer
    • Asked why I was leaving my last job   View Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2011.

Applied online October 8th. Was called October 19th for a phone interview appointment for the next day. Had my phone interview as scheduled; the interviewer was very friendly and fun. At the conclusion of the interview, I was PROMISED I would hear back by phone or email within TWO weeks as to whether I was among the fortunate few that would be moving on to an in-person interview. Two weeks passed and no notice. I let it go because I know they were phone-interviewing approximately 400 of the 800 who applied (I asked). Another week went by and still no response. So I emailed the woman who first contacted me by email with no response. I called the woman who interviewed me, but her voicemail answered. Three days later I finally got the rejection email. All told, the entire process from application to rejection was 40 days, and included 13 days of not receiving the correspondence I had been promised.

Nevertheless, I still respect SWA and will be a regular customer of theirs in the future. Truth be told, I wasn't going to be a good fit for the job. I just was willing to do the grunt work for 12-24 months to eventually post out to positions that would fit me better.

Interview Questions
    • Same standard phone-interview questions so many others have posted here... no surprises if you read the other postings and be ready to answer those questions.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2011.

I received an email asking if I was still interested in a position. If so, I was given a phone number to call. I called and had a telephone interview. At the end of the telephone interview I was invited to come in for an in-person interview. 4 days after the in-person interview I was called and informed that the position was being offered to me as long as I passed drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult customer care experience and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • How will you handle the stress of working in a challenging environment?   Answer Question
    Union position, non negotiable.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2011.

Applied online and received a phone interview about a week later. Before the phone interview was over, I was invited to a 1:1 interview. I was also told to expect an email with further instructions. The email contained the background check information as well as the drug screening process.

1:1 interview went well. I felt I was overly qualified but have been told by other SWA employees to take what is available to simply get into the system. A couple of days after the interview, I was called and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    Union job, so no negotiating.

Customer Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2010.

I applied online a month ago and received a phone call last thursday. Friday she called me back and gave me a phone interview. She told me they would let me know in a few days their decision. I dont know if that is a good thing or bad thing. I have prior airline customer service experience and also flight attendant experience. I also went to a travel and tourism school which also trained in airlines. I am hoping to get the call for the next step.

Interview Questions
    • what did I know about Southwest Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Could I describe what an Customer Service representives duties include.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2010.

I had a phone interview with southwest airlines. At this time, I have been asked to come to an information session. Im not certain if this will be a panel interview, they just said information session. I was hoping to find out infomration on what to expect.

Interview Questions

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!