Southwest Airlines

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online. The entire process took a little over 3 months. I uploaded my resume, then I heard back from them a month later asking me to write a "Why Southwest" essay. I later had a phone interview, and if you pass that then they will fly you to their headquarters in Dallas.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical interview questions. Why are you a good fit for Southwest? What is your biggest weakness? They also asked about my previous internship a lot.   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Southwest FA hiring process is more interested in getting to know you. It's very relaxed. It's a panel of 3 that includes FA, FA Supervisor, and Recruiter. Pretty much ask questions based on the Star Format

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, interview was more like a conversation. I was asked why I wanted to be a Flight Attendant.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Started with a phone interview, basic questions on my resume and coursework. Then asked some basic HR questions. Then was followed up with another phone interview going into position details. Was called back a month later and invited for a in person interview in Dallas.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2014.

Applied online by submitting my resume. About a week later I was invited to complete an online application if I was still interested providing my ten year work history. Two days later I got a call for a phone interview. I declined to move forward has the recruiter mentioned I would have to travel to Dallas for five weeks to complete training. I was unaware training would be out of state.

Ramp Agent - HOU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2014.

I revevied a call from a recruiter in PHX, he like what I said about SWA and why I want to work for SWA. Later, recevied an email to attend a face to face interview at HOU. Interview went well, with two people. One with an HR Rep. and another with a Ramp Supervisor. Interview went well, both shocked on what I know about aviation. Before leaving, she did say it is a long process, this Friday will be two weeks. Hopfully I will recevie some good news and move forward with the SWA process. Anyone has info on the hiring process...

Senior Network Engineer (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

A recruiter submitted my resume and I was initially told they were not interested. However two weeks later, the hiring manager (HM) wanted to do a phone interview. The phone interview went well and took about 30 minutes. Before the call was over, the HM requested an in person interview for the next day. The next day, I met with the HM and a senior member of the network team. They asked me about my experience as shown on my resume. Also, asked me about my knowledge of different equipment in use as Southwest. I was very honest about my skillset strengths and weaknesses. About an hour after the interview I received a call from the recruiter offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. I was very comfortable with my knowledge and limitations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as the rate was set prior to the interview.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2014.

Schedule a time and one week later take a Phone interview with an HR person. Ask many questions about your resume, projects, classes, internship experiences, leadership experience. Questions are not so hard. No behavior questions, only regular interview questions. It is about 20 min. Then wait for the next process, on site interview.

Communications Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

I applied online, which requires a resume and Why Southwest essay. Then, I was contacted regarding a phone interview. The phone interview lasted more about a half an hour. It was with one person and mostly reviewed my resume to make sure of its authenticity as well as explored my career goals. I made it to the final round, in which they fly you to headquarters, but I was studying abroad and therefore had another phone interview. They warned me that it put me at disadvantage. It was almost an hour and there were about five people listening and asking questions. At this point, there were people representing different internship positions.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick your major/why is communications important   Answer Question

Corporate Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

1. Apply online, if you are selected, you will be contacted for phone interview
    2. Phone interview - resume questions, why southwest airlines? why do you choose tax
    3. Onsite interview - still some resume questions, prepare your own questions to ask
    4. Wait for decision
    The process is really long, around one to two months. Be patient.

Customer Service Agent Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life