Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014
Updated 27 Sep 2014

2.8

Communications Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

I applied online, which requires a resume and Why Southwest essay. Then, I was contacted regarding a phone interview. The phone interview lasted more about a half an hour. It was with one person and mostly reviewed my resume to make sure of its authenticity as well as explored my career goals. I made it to the final round, in which they fly you to headquarters, but I was studying abroad and therefore had another phone interview. They warned me that it put me at disadvantage. It was almost an hour and there were about five people listening and asking questions. At this point, there were people representing different internship positions.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick your major/why is communications important   Answer Question

Corporate Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

1. Apply online, if you are selected, you will be contacted for phone interview
    2. Phone interview - resume questions, why southwest airlines? why do you choose tax
    3. Onsite interview - still some resume questions, prepare your own questions to ask
    4. Wait for decision
    The process is really long, around one to two months. Be patient.

Internship Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Customer Service Agent Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Two group interviews. Just say you like customers. The first is in the morning at one of the local HR departments. We call this the people department. After Lunch they explain how difficult and demanding the job really is. Many will leave and those left they will pick between eight and ten to interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do different as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2014.

Applied online and received a call about a week later for a phone interview and then a week later was invited to Denver for a F2F. It was short probably only 15 minutes or so. There is a manager in the room as well but she didn't ask any questions she was just observing. Then a week later was called back to do fingerprinting and drug testing. Yes its a casual airline but I saw people at the interview who were not looking professional, so dress nice.

Interview Questions
    • What is one policy or procedure at your current job that you disagree with?   Answer Question
    None.

Crew Tracker Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Technical Operations Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Had a phone interview. Asked about what my major was, why i chose southwest, what my favorite, hard and easy classes were. Asked me to explain why I enjoyed or found difficulty with those classes. He also asked to describe one of my jobs from my resume.

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I applied in July 2014 and received an phone call about a week in a half later. I was told the rate of pay and about the medical and dental coverage. I was asked if I was still interested and I told the recruiter about my previous job experiences. I have over 6 years of ramp experience and I previously applied before and was turned down.... This says a lot about this company if they won't hire anyone With previous airline experience. They lied to me and said the would call me back for a f2f interview and my overall experience was bad.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Did phone interview and was invited to f2f, I think the interview went well, they said they would call me in 2-3 weeks to give me a yes or no....i wonder does it usually take this long

Interview Questions

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!