Southwest Airlines

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.8

Procurement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

They e-mail you once they get your application to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes and they just ask the basic questions. My phone interview started an hour late so it was also cut shorter because of that. If you make it past the phone interview then you go to Dallas for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What is your biggest weakness? What is your greatest Strength? Why do you want to work at Southwest?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Sent in resume December 2013 and received an email stating I would receive a call with in 2 a weeks. Received the call 3weeks later and it was the actual phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Vague question was" Tell me about customer service. ". Caught me off guard as there was nothing specific regarding the subject . I was informed that I would receive an email if I would go on to the face to face interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Initially applied online -had a phone interview and days later a F2F, with the same recruiter. The F2F interview basically wanted to know how your previous exp related to interetest position. Your personality MUST be fitting w/ SWA! They are all about persnality and fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard! Or unexpected! At all.. just asked specifics about tell me about a time when, customer is not satisfied, what would you do type of questions.   View Answer
    None, it's was already learned upon the phone interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Several phone interviews, then face-to-face interview in Dallas. I had a very positive experience meeting a panel of employees from the market planning department in person. Recruiters were very friendly, both on the phone and in person.

Interview Questions
    • Interesting question about the intersection of Southwest and the arts.   Answer Question

Airline Pilot (First Officer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2014.

Fantastic process and people conducting the interviews. Really tried to sell their company to you as much as you were trying to sell yourself to them. Three part interview - Panel (one HR person and a pilot), Logbook review (one pilot), Line Oriented Interview 7 min scenario (two pilots). Great brief before it started by their Director of Hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied with any other airline? (Tough question because you don't want to say yes, but being honest is important to me)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

You pretty much have to know somebody in the group your applying for be a contractor

Interview Questions
    • Interview was fairly standard and not very technical. They try to fit your personality more than your knowledge.   Answer Question
    brief and any changes have to filter though 3 level of management.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2014.

Had two phone interviews and then was flown to Dallas. I was asked to write a response e-mail to a customer scenario and then did an interview with two managers. Interview was great! Both managers were super friendly and did lots to put me at ease. They were easy going and made the interview fun.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2014.

One phone interview with recruiter. The recruiter was very friendly. One phone interview with hiring manager. Face to face interview at corporate headquarters with recruiter, hiring manager, and another team member. The other team member didn't look at me during the entire interview which made me feel awkward and uncomfortable. Giving a negative experience because of this interviewer (non responsive or interested).

Interview Questions

I declined because I applied for a full time position, but they only offered me contract (3 to 6 months) - same pay, but no benefits. Drive too long.

Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

The interview process was very long and it went months without hearing anything from Southwest Airlines. I first submitted my resume and then they called me five months later to let me know they were interested in me and wanted to see if I would do a phone interview the next day. I then had a phone interview the very next day scheduled and it went smooth. However, two weeks later they told me that there were other people more qualified.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bwi Airport, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bwi Airport, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2014.

Applied for FT Customer Service Rep at DCA, about a month and a half ago. Received a phone call to phone interview on 4/14. Phone interview was very easy! Majority questions about my previous work history. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to go to BWI for a F2F interview on 4/28.
    *F2F*
    The face to face interview was very easy as well. Interviewed with the recruiter who did my phone interview. The manager from DCA was also in the room but she didn't ask any questions, just listened. The interview was very fun and relaxed. The recruiter made me feel so comfortable because she was outgoing and enthusiastic. She asked about my work history again and asked behavioral questions as well. I answered all questions in star format. At the end of the interview the recruiter and manager from DCA stepped out to make a copy of my 2 forms of ID and college transcripts. When they stepped back in the room I was offered the job! Did my fingerprints and drug test the same day. Now all I'm waiting on is my background check to clear. (Not worried about that because I'm an angel lol) Does anybody know how long the background check process is? How long before training starts? I'm really anxious and excited to start :)!

Interview Questions
    • How do you have fun at work?
      How would you tell a customer no?

Answer Question