Southwest Airlines

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.7

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2014.

Applied online and received a call about a week later for a phone interview and then a week later was invited to Denver for a F2F. It was short probably only 15 minutes or so. There is a manager in the room as well but she didn't ask any questions she was just observing. Then a week later was called back to do fingerprinting and drug testing. Yes its a casual airline but I saw people at the interview who were not looking professional, so dress nice.

Interview Questions
    • What is one policy or procedure at your current job that you disagree with?   Answer Question
    None.

Crew Tracker Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Auditor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by someone from HR for a 30 minute phone interview which consisted of traditional interview questions. Afterwards I was invited to Southwest's headquarters in Dallas for a group interview with four people (a senior manager and 2 project managers from the department for which I was interviewing and the same HR representative who had interviewed me over the phone). Everyone in the group asked me a few questions ranging from traditional ("Why Southwest?") to behavioral ("Tell me about a time when..."). Everyone was extremely friendly and polite throughout the whole process. About a week after my group interview I received an offer pending my passing a background check and drug test.

Technical Operations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Had a phone interview. Asked about what my major was, why i chose southwest, what my favorite, hard and easy classes were. Asked me to explain why I enjoyed or found difficulty with those classes. He also asked to describe one of my jobs from my resume.

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Process started with a phone call from recruiter with invitation the very next day with an panel consisting of the operations supervisor, station manager and the recruiter. Interview went well, the panel were very professional and you can feel the enthusiasm that they had working for Southwest. There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. After the interview the recruiter informed me that if I received a phone call the position would be offered and if I received an email no offer. I asked the recruiter for interview feedback.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Received a letter to come for an interview....I had one interview and was hired that day. Went for drug screening and was called for a class date a month later.

Take whatever they offer if you want the job.

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I applied in July 2014 and received an phone call about a week in a half later. I was told the rate of pay and about the medical and dental coverage. I was asked if I was still interested and I told the recruiter about my previous job experiences. I have over 6 years of ramp experience and I previously applied before and was turned down.... This says a lot about this company if they won't hire anyone With previous airline experience. They lied to me and said the would call me back for a f2f interview and my overall experience was bad.

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

After applying online I was sent an email to set up a phone interview. After speaking with a recruiter I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. This whole process took just a few weeks. I was contacted a week after my face to face interview and was told that I was selected to continue on with the application process. It was then that I told them I did not wish to continue because of the low pay.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a scenario of an unhappy customer and asked to pretend she was the customer and how we would respond to them.   Answer Question

Pay was too low and there were too many union dues associated with the job.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Did phone interview and was invited to f2f, I think the interview went well, they said they would call me in 2-3 weeks to give me a yes or no....i wonder does it usually take this long

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I received a call and spoke to a recruiter we did a phone interview and was asked a few questions. I was told that I would hear back withing a week whether or not I would get another interview. 30 minutes later I received a call from the same lady requesting to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was elated. 2 days later I showed up at Southwest Airlines HQ and was asked to fill out some paper work soon after I was guided to my interview early! It was not bad at all. The interviewers were all nice and polite.