Southwest Airlines

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and received an e-mail from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview with a different recruiter for the marketing dept. Phone interview was difficult, lots of behavioral questions, lots of questions on relating previous work experience and courses to concepts in marketing. I was surprised I was offered an in-person interview. Went in thinking it was just going to be the recruiter, turned out to be a 6 person panel interview from the department. Everyone was very nice and conversational, but questions were all about past work experience, what aspect of marketing do I prefer, how did you deal with a situation, it was about an hour long of questions from everyone in the room.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   View Answer

Dallas, TX (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

Interview Details I had a phone interview in which they asked the usual fit questions, and then they flew me down to Dallas for an in-person interview. Everyone was very nice. I essentially just went through a run-down of my resume with someone from the HR Department and the manager I'd be working under. They asked a lot more personal questions than I expected, e.g. "Why didn't you choose this hobby as a career?" and "Why don't you just stay with your current job?".

When I found out I didn't get it, they cited a lack of experience in the sales aspect of this particular position and called me on the phone. They were very polite and prompt in their response.

Interview Questions

Dallas, TX (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2009.

Interview Details Phone interview and then asked to fly out to the corporate offices. Spoke to three people - one from the people department, two from the department I was to be working in; typical behavioral questions, questions about the past, and questions about the company; be enthusiastic because that is the type of person they a looking for

Interview Question – name a time when you used your sense of humor to diffuse a situation.   Answer Question

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!