Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep 2014
Updated 22 Sep 2014

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority.

One interview lasting about 15 minutes. This took place instore with the department manager i would work under. There were a few questions but nothing too wild. I was called in for the interview because i was able to provide a level of expertise that no one else in the store had.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond to solve a problem at a previous job.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sports Authority.

very easy interview. They'll just ask what sport or department you feel most comfortable working in. I choose footwear because certain shoes you sale you can get commission for.

Sales Associate Interview

In person interview that lasted about twenty minutes. Asked about sales and customer service experience but nothing too specific. Wanted to know when I could start and I was offered the job right on the spot. Filled out all forms and was ready to go the next week. Interviewer was the store manager and was friendly. Liked what I had to say and was happy with responses that I gave

Visual/Merchandising Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Began by talking about my previous work history. The manager was very rude and told me my previous jobs weren't real jobs...? Not sure how but whatever. Asked simple questions such as what do i know about sports authority, why should they hire me over previous people they interviewed

Interview Questions
    • If someone who knew you very well was interviewing with us what would they say you need to work on   View Answer

Got offered a higher paying job

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

The Interview was very professional and pretty quick as well. They asked standard interview questions that weren't difficult to answer at all. The company is very detail oriented and they wanted the best sales person for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

I applied online and received a call within 2 weeks. The most difficult part of the interview was picking any item in the store and try to "sell" it to another person participating in the group interview. I picked a sports bra because I know which ones are best for running. The managers loved that I was different and made it funny when I was "selling" it to a male interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the item and features of it and sell it to your "customer" (the interviewee).   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my hours but not pay. Pay was minimum wage with commission.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

asked about technical skills and approach towards a problem, organizational skill questions
    some stupid psycho questions, meant more like wasting time, irrelevant to the job
    felt like there was conflict b/w managers and the other person trying to build a team

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA (US)

It was very fast. I applied on the weekend, interviewed the following week and was offered a position on the spot, for a drug test the next day. The manager was great.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sports Authority.

The hiring process was a bit annoying since they mostly only hire previous employees or if you get referred by a current employee like I did. I had to keep calling to ask for an interview which their reply would be within 3 days. Then I would call on the third day just to hear the same response. Had to walk in to talk to them personally to finally get an interview which was very simple. Basic questions like why work here, past experience

Interview Questions
    • What is more important to you, making a customer smile or say thank you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

interviewed at Sports Authority in July 2014.

Contacted by phone. Group interviewed. Asked about availability. Previous retail experience. Showed a couple tasks in the back. Showed merchandise and walked on floor. Learned about company. Talked with managers. Easy and to the point.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!