Staples Copy Center Associate Interview Questions

2.0

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Interview was fine. I was experienced previously and had no problems. Got along with GM great.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

While looking for Staples locations (I needed a clipboard), I noticed that they were opening a new store nearby so I applied right away. It took about a month to get a call, but it finally came.
    The woman that called me was very laid back and friendly, but also straight to the point. The interview questions were also very straight to the point, nothing out of left field or that required much thought (to my dismay, as I had carefully meditated on how I would answer any possible question they might throw at me the night before). I think in their case they just really needed to fill a hole and didn't have many applicants to choose from, considering the fact that I was allowed to choose when the interview was held, and that she apologized for something that had happened during the phone call days before without me bringing it up.
    After a few questions from both sides, she explained that I would have a morning shift but that I would train at night with their Copy/Print Center expert. She then told me that she would call me after she spoke with her manager and ran a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Can you build relationships with customers and business owners?   View Answer
    • Given the choice, would you rather make a sale of $1000-2000, or provide good customer service?   View Answer

Copy Center Associate Interview

Extremely relaxed if you get an in person interview you got the job

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples in January 2014.

In less than a week they called me back. The interview was surprisingly very short, the wait time was about an hour meanwhile the interview was less than 15 minutes. They are also not very organized. A week after my interview I received a call from them and I returned the call and the managers were rude towards me and told me they had not called me. However, the following day they called and left a voicemail saying I was hired but I did not take the job.

Interview Questions
    • The manager kept pressuring me to ask him questions. So have a big list of questions in mind.   Answer Question

The employees especially the manager discouraged me with their rude behavior.

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Applied online and got an interview with the General Manager a month later. Came in a week later and had an interview with the Assistant Manager.

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Three interviews, all very easy, one on one, basic usual questions

Interview Questions
    • Just asked the basic, what would you do if, or what did you do when   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples.

Called in, asked about previous employment and reason for leave. Told me about the wage and responsibilities. I told them what i did before and about school and some of my expertise. Then they said I'm good to go after a background check which takes 3 day. 3rd day and still waiting.

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in March 2013.

I applied online.... had my interview about a week later. It was a very typical Interview. The majority of the questions were all ones I've heard before. This was just last week and was my first interview, I was told that I would get a call in a week -9 days if I am going to go on to the second interview

Interview Questions
    • The question I always find the most difficult it : Why should we hire you over other?   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Staples.

I applied in-store and got a call about three weeks later when they started hiring for back-to-school. The first interview was pretty basic. It was with one of the managers and he asked about my availability, previous work experience (especially in retail), behavioural questions, why I wanted to work there, whether I had any add-on selling experience (they're big on that there), etc. I got offered a second interview for the next day and it was with the copy and print center manager. This interview lasted quite a bit longer and he asked more situational type questions, why I would be a good fit for staples, good and bad experiences shopping in other stores, and how I have handled difficult customers before.
    I didn't feel overly confident about the second interview, but they called me a few hours later and offered me the job, so I guess it went quite well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a good shopping experience you have had and what you liked about it / tell me about a bad shopping experience you have had and how you think that experience could have been improved.   View Answer
    You start out at minimum wage.

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in September 2012.

I filled out an online application, which took some time, but not difficult
    Waited two weeks, and went to the local Staples and inquired about the possition that was available, introduced myself and spoke with the manager, very nice
    I left my number and I was called in for an interview two weeks later
    The manager on duty was so nice and very positive, we walked thru the copy center and was introduced to the associate that was in charge of that department.
    We all sat down and continued the interview, I was treated with respect and was given the impression that I would be hired.
    This was actually the quickest process I have ever been thru, now I am waiting for a call back as they have to do a background check
    I am truly looking forward to working at Staples

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about my knowledge of a couple computer programs,   Answer Question