Staples Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
550 interviews

2.3

Resident Tech Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples.

Relaxed interview. Mostly they want to know if you have basic knowledge of computers and ability to sell additional items with electronics. There is also a test they have you take that makes you "certified" meaning you will be qualified to work on computers

Interview Questions
    • What was a past conflict with coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    There was a bit of room in wages, not much.

Staples Copy & Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rolla, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Two interview, each had standard questions, One with the supervisor and one with the hiring manager. The supervisor asked standard questions, and after a week called you to set up an interview with the hiring manager.

Nothing, I asked for flexible hours which was agreed on

Sales Associate Interview

The process was standard of most retail stores. They look for certifications and/or cash handling experience when deciding best fit. I was offered another position after discussing my abilities. Pay for this company is difficult and is set in a range of averages. You should be prepared to know what you want coming in or you will get the short end of the stick. Though I felt more qualified then the people working there, it is still important we show respect to our seniors.

Interview Questions
    • Why is staples the place you chose to work? This is a standard question for most retailers but again this is were you can shine and show that you really do wan't to work here. At least we would hope you wan't to work here.   Answer Question

Little room for pay negotiation at many of these places.

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Staples in November 2013.

phone interview, interview with ASM, job shadow, interview with panel or other B2Bs. Its a long process but i understand why as it is not built for everyone. They want to make sure you have what it takes and they give you a real preview of job.

Interview Questions
    • be prepared to go through several interviews and challenged on why you are it   Answer Question
    good

EasyTech Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southbury, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southbury, CT (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Staples in August 2014.

Walked into the Interview with almost no expectations of how it would go, seeing as I had just interviewed for the same position at another store near my hometown only a few days earlier and the interviewer there didn't seem to have much experience with interviewing people, so she just told me what was expected of an employee and asked if I was ok with it, but this interview went quite differently. I arrived about 15 minutes early and waited in the front of the store until my interview time and asked a sales associate to be directed to the Assistant Manager (They seem to do the interviewing as far as I can tell) and was taken into his office within a few minutes. The interview was pretty much non-existent and we just talked about Video Games and Batman and he reviewed my resume and pretty much told me that I was good to go and that he would call me later to let me know when to come in to fill out my paperwork and get started.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Staples in May 2014.

the manger took me to a small room and asked me to him him about myself my availability, and other questions that he based off of my resume/ application.

Interview Questions
    • ironically enough the tell me about yourself caught me off guard   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation

Tech Aassociate Part Time Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples in August 2014.

I applied in person had to fill out a application in the store. I received a call back the next day under 24 hours looking for an interview. Once completed I was called the same day to schedule a second interview. Which took place the following day. The first interview asked normal questions that any employer will ask. The second was pretty much the same thing it was a different person who interviewed me and asked very few questions. That same day I got a call back saying I got the job. Overall it was a great experience I really like how staples was quick at the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What are you interests?
      Why do you want to work at staples?
        Answer Question
    I was looking for part time so I was looking for minimum wage.

Picker At Warehouse Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Staples.

I actually had to go through a staffing agency to get the job. For some reason it was more difficult applying through the company. They were looking for summer help, and it was perfect since it allowed me to earn money for school. They hire summer help every year due to back to school. The interview was quick and I only had to fill out a form, show up, and get briefed by the staffing agency.

Interview Questions
    • None. They just ask you about your previous work experience. This is a warehouse job.   Answer Question

Easy Tech Expert Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Staples in January 2012.

only had 1 interview, did not seem like the manager was prepared for the interview. another manager walked in during my interview and started cussing and talking about very inappropriate topics. very unprofessional experience they did not seem like they were motivated to find good candidates for the job. was very surprised that these people were managers. i had to ask the questions.

Interview Questions
    • everything about this interview was difficult, it was like i had to interview myself.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Staples in August 2014.

I applied through their website and got a call after one day. The manager called me but I didn't listen to the voice mail a week later. I called him back and was called in for the interview the next day. Since it was my first job interview I was nervous but it went well. They really want to know about what experience you have and why you want to work at their store.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself within the company in 3 years?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Staples?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you and a coworker got in a disagreement over a change one of you made?   View Answer
    • What did you do in scenarios where you were late?   Answer Question
    • Would I be comfortable asking customers if they want to join the Rewards Program?   Answer Question
    Damasks

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!