Starbucks

494 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

El Paso, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and the next morning I got a call from the store manager. She left a message asking me to call back for a phone interview. I called back and was invited to come in the next evening for an in-person interview. When I arrived I was told the girl who was supposed to interview me wasn't able to that night and that I needed to return the following evening. I was given a free drink and asked a few questions informally (what is my experience, why Starbucks, etc.) and then left about 15 minutes later. The following evening I returned for my official interview and was there for about 35 minutes. She asked me VERY basic interview questions - describe yourself, what kind of experience do you have, why Starbucks, what would you do with an upset customer, what would you do if you couldn't get along with a coworker. Nothing out of the ordinary. I got a call back about a week later to get more information so they could do a background check and then another week later they called to offer me the job and have me come in to do some official paperwork stuff.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offered me a rate of $7.60 an hour, told me tips average out to about another $1/hour. Also told me that after 6 months I will be reviewed by management and if all goes well they will raise it to $8/hour (so about $9/hour with tips).

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

Interview Details The Interview process consisted of two interviews; one with the store manager of the store I was applying at, and another interview with a manager from another store. The questions require situational answers following the STAR format; Situation, Task, Action, Result.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you treated a co-worker with fairness and respect, even though they had not treated you in a similar fashion.   Answer Question
  • Please provide an example of when you delivered great customer service?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you failed to reach a customers expectations:   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer; Tell me about a time you received unexpected critical feedback about your performance. How did the feedback affect your performance?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a difficult decision you had to make at work where you didn’t know the right answer or course of action.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Pay is standard + tips. Automatic raise within 3 months pending a positive rating.

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details Phone interview . and then face to face. Then came back in for another face to face with second manager and to go over store policies and information

Interview Question – They were all typical ... why do you want this job, why are you looking for a job .... etc.   Answer Question

Interview Details Asked what drink I wanted

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details Be confident and make sure you mention that you love to connect with customers and make them feel as if this starbucks is their home away from home. Talk up your love for fast paced work and your ability to keep busy when it's slow.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Barista Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details I applied online and was called the following week for an interview. I first interviewed with the store manager. I had my second interview right after my first interview which surprised me a bit. The second interview was with the assistant manager and she asked me the same exact questions that the store manager asked me. The interview was very quick and simple. They both asked me about what I thought customer service meant and how I would help a customer if they had asked me a question about a product or promotion. The whole interview lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Gray, ME (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2012.

Interview Details i was called by a representative from Starbucks for an interview and i went a day after she called me.

Interview Question – are you nice?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details There was a group interview that i had to go through as well as a personal interview with the assistant manager and then manager. Overall, it was a good experience and they depend a lot from their employees. As this was my first interview, I found it a little difficult, but i know that if i tried to get the job now, it'd be cake.

Interview Question – It's the typical questions that come up, but heavily focused on dealing with other people (customers) and the hardships that presents.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed at Starbucks in March 2011.

Interview Details Starbucks interviews with behavioral based questions, so questions like "Tell me about a time when..." The best way to prepare is to have multiple scenarios you can speak confidently about. Try not to ramble, the best way to answer is state the situation, what needed to be done, what you did, and the results.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss/upper management   View Answer

Arcadia, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview with ASM. Second with Store Manager , gave it to me on the spot.

Interview Question – Most of the questions come from an interview deck. "tell me about a time...."
when you had a difficult customer
when you had a disagreement with a co-worker
when you took a project to completion
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO, it's a minimum wage position no matter what.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks Barista interview questions and advice. All 494 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees and interview candidates.