Starbucks

Average Difficulty
559 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details I had experience in coffee shops, learned the dress code, shirts with collars.....bought the book on CD, listen to it over and over, applied for the job, I had no tattoos, the assistant manager, had tattoos from her finger to her elbow! I no longer go to Starbucks.

Interview Question – Availability is the biggest issue. I said I was avail, 24 X7, including holidays, and I wouldbe happy to work any shift. I did not get a call back......they are looking for reasons NOT to hire you.   Answer Question

Plano, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Interview Details Well I walked in, was told to sit down. Waited for forever till the manager came out. He had a sloppy notebook with a bunch of notes in it. The whole time he asked me questions I came back with very informed answers. I had researched a lot, and went in with a great and personable attitude, expecting great things. As I talked to him, I noticed him looking away a LOT. Looking around the store, very ADD like. It was annoying. I ended up leaving not even wanting the job. Shook his hand and never went back. He was extremely rude and had an attitude when he did speak.

Barista

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

Interview Details Online application and in person interview
I got two in person interviews. The first went around 40 mins and the second one was only 10 mins. But two days later after the second interview, they said they wanted to recruit a fulltime person. However, I was applying part job.

Interview Question – all questions are normal. such as team building, how to deal with difficult customers, why starbucks,   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2013.

Interview Details Starbucks requires that you submit an online application, rather than applying in person. You apply via their site and can list up to 10 preferred stores. Your application is sent to the managers of those store first, then made available to other managers at a later date. In my experience, it was highly beneficial to go to the stores you applied to an ask to see the manager prior to being contacted about an interview. It helped to put a face to the name. If the stores are hiring, you will be contacted about an interview by the interested store manager. Mine took place in the back of the store and was fairly informal. My manager and I had a brief conversation (a get to know you sort of thing) then moved on to a series of situational questions. These are provided by the corporate office and I didn't get the impression that they varied among stores. They included: Tell us about a time you were late to work, what did you do? What is something you had to do for a job that you did not want to do? How did you handle it? etc. I was contacted with and offer within two weeks of interviewing.

Interview Question – All the questions were fairly straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation. I began at local minimum wage ($8.25) and received a raise based on the regional profile after six months. After that, baristas receive a performance based raise every six months.

Barista

I applied online and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details Got a call a day after applying to come to a district wide job fair. Sat down with the manager and another applicant for an interview but left early because they weren't looking to hire seasonal.

Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Interview Details So I went in. And they offered the drink. ALWAYS TAKE IT. Haha I learned that here, I came on here the night before. I sat down n waited for the manager. We sat down. N asked basic questions. Nothing too hard on previous work exp. And customer examples. Then availability. Then that was it.

Interview Question – When was there a time that someone wasn't satisfied with your work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 7.50 aka none

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2010.

Interview Details Easy interview but a group lent to competitive nature of group. The interviewer did not have much experience interviewing. The entire interview was quick and painless. I didn't get the job because I had no coffee shop experience. I

Interview Question – Most question centered around previous employment and how that could relate to in store situations. My experience didn't match well.   Answer Question

Barista

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2013.

Interview Details Received a call from the store manager about a interview. Went in for my interview was asked the usual questions, how well do you work under pressure? what if questions.

Interview Question – Name a time where you solved a problem?   View Answer

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details I walked in with my resume and cover letter and was told to apply only first. The manager didnt take my resume but took my name and number. 3 days after I applied online I received a call for an interview. The interview was long but the questions weren't so bad.

Interview Question – What should a manager do or not do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I started with minimum wage.

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2014.

Interview Details Typically when looking for an employee I look at availability that I need for my store. After you apply, you can call and ask for the hiring manager . When you get him or her, asking what day-part they need help will let you know right away where you can get a foot in the door, by making yourself available in that time. There's usually a phone screen with standard questions about you application, if you meet the needs of the store a 1 on 1 interview is set up. While in the interview you are asked, "Why do you want to work for Starbucks?" Think on that a second, and don't just say "for the free coffee" even if you're thinking it. You'll then be asked generally between 1-5 questions about different scenarios. At the end you'll be given the dress code, physical requirements, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you failed to meet a customer's expectation. (Why was it a failure? What was the outcome? If you had to do the same situation again would you do anything different?)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Starting wage is not negotiable. it is $7.80 plus tips.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!