Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
1,595 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

Just talk about why you want to get in the company and show your passion in coffee, and than they will lead you to answer questions they provide.

Interview Questions

• How do you get the balance between study and work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything for this part time job.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
    Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
    "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to set up an interview appointment. Dress your best as you should for any interview. You're offered any drink. I would accept it. Why, because you're going to be one of the biggest promoters of this company's product. If you don't drink accept a free product for the company you're applying for it shows lack of passion and excitement. If you're honest, have great work ethic, happy most the time, and like people this interview will be a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   1 Answer
    • Name the hardest problem you came across, and explain you handled that situation.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Temecula, CA (US)).

Interview

They asked me the basic questions everyone else does, they were really looking for someone who was a hard worker, has a good up best personality and was willing to go the extra mile

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Interview

I applied online. I went into the store to speak with the manager and he said he'd be going through the applications next week and give me a call. I never got a call.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

They will contact you if they are interested but I will also be following up if it's been more than a week and you haven't been contacted yet. Depending on the store that you are applying, when you come in you will be greeted and offered a free drink. The interview process is no longer than 20-25min. Please be presentable, I have seen people go in looking like they really don't care whether they get the job or not, it's kind of disrespectful because you are not only looking presentable for your potentially new store manager but also your potentially new fellow baristas.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve an issue between you and a coworker.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was supposed to be a group interview however, no other candidates arrived to the interview. The store manager asked a series of situational and behavioral questions that are commonly asked for these kinds of positions. Overall, it was fairly easy and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• When were you faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Behavioral Interviews. Sat with the store manager one on one and the whole process took about 40 minutes. They offered a free drink and were very relaxed. The entire interview what based on questions that started with "Tell me a time when..." The nice thing about behavioral interviews, is that there is no right or wrong answer. They are mostly looking to see how you behaved in these scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

This was a part of on-campus recruiting at my mba program. After a cover letter and resume got me through to the interview, there were two rounds of interviewing -- one was with a recruiter and the second round was with someone in the marketing department, which took place off-campus. this was case-based.

Operations Interview

Interview

applied online, networked internally as much as possible to help move my resume, phone screen with recruiter/HR, 1:1 with hiring manager, 1:1 with skip-level manager, follow-up negotiations around salary and benefits,