Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014
1,340 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Just talk about why you want to get in the company and show your passion in coffee, and than they will lead you to answer questions they provide.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get the balance between study and work?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate anything for this part time job.

Applied a week ago. Got a call and met 2 days later
    Manager told me to order a drink. On the house
    Manager was very formal. Followed a script. Asking many "negative" style questions and asking for examples.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied in person and was called back for an interview a couple of days later. The interview was at one of their locations and once I arrived they offered me a drink. I met with the manager of the location and the questions were pretty basic like "Why do you want to work here?" and "How would you handle a customer in this situation?". The interview went pretty well and he said he would call as soon as they had narrowed it down. A couple days later they called and asked me to go to another location for a second interview. When I got there I was again offered a drink and sat down to wait. I waited a good 45 minutes before the manager came to talk to me and she said it was because she forgot what time my interview was at. The interview was basically the same as the first and I was told they would call in a few days after they made a decision.

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Applications are submitted online. Often people have to call several times to hear back from the store if they have submitted an application. It helps to have a reference or someone you know who already works there, but it is not required. Starbucks does not usually hire people in high school or anyone under 16.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

It was a really simple interview; I was asked why I thought I would be a fit for the company, how I would handle unexpected situations and where I saw myself within the next five to ten years. The best answer to give is to hopefully still be growing with them.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

My interviewer was very nice. I was called almost immediately after submitting an application and brought in for an interview right away. Google "how to interview with Starbucks" and look for videos and articles about potential questions. The interviewer wants to make sure you know how to work under pressure, do everything possible to make a customer happy, and how to problem-solve if something goes wrong. I was familiar with the menu before going in, but a lot of new partners who came in after me were not.

If you are not familiar with Starbucks visit a location (even if it is not the one you applying to work at) to check out the menu and maybe treat yourself to a drink so you are familiar with the product. You can also look at the menu online. Nobody will quiz on the menu during an interview, but you can mention menu items in your answers to sound more informed for example the interviewer might ask:
    Q "How would you help a customer who has never been to Starbucks select a drink?"
    A "If a new customer came in I would ask him/her do you like really sweet drinks? If 'yes' then I would suggest a white mocha, if 'no' then I would suggest a plain cappuccino."

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about a time you helped rectify a mistake. You may get a question like: "When did you make a mistake and how did you fix it?" You can always pause, and if you genuinely don't know how to answer a question you can ask to come back to the question.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They just said "our base pay for new baristas is $9 plus tips" the tips were not as nice as the shift manager advertised. FYI if your fellow partners don't put the tips in the safe frequently, they WILL get stollen if you work in a busy location.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online, got a call from one the store managers about a week or 2 later. Went into the interview. Very straightforward interview questions.Why Starbucks? What are your career goals? Name a time you dealt with a dissatisfied customer?

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

The application was short and online and you could have your application sent to four stores, in the area of your choice. I called to check up on my application left my number got a call for an interview the next day.
    You have two interviews, one with the store manager you would be working for, and another with a different manager of their choice.
    Basic questions, like how would you handle situations questions.
    Easy interview Smile a lot!

Operations Project Manager Interview

Initial contact by email acknowledging receipt of application, Initial contact from Human resources by email, second contact from human resources by phone to set up interview. Initial interview by phone with Human resources - generic on experience and interest in company. 2nd interview by human resources on the same, a little more extended. 3rd interview by phone by manager to whom you would report - more in depth on experiences, strengths, weaknesses etc. 4th interview in person group interview by manager and team member.

District Manager Interview

First it was a phone interview, pretty basic and simple. Then i had a interview with two area managers inside a StarBucks. Very lad back they where very friendly and put me at ease. They give you a free drink. You also do a coffee tasting. I didnt know much about coffee at the time and I let them know that and they started teaching me right away. So you do learn a little in the interview.

Interview Questions
    very easy to handle all around.