Starbucks

Updated 20 Nov 2014
1,385 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Just talk about why you want to get in the company and show your passion in coffee, and than they will lead you to answer questions they provide.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get the balance between study and work?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate anything for this part time job.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and got a phone call back. Initially there was a lot of rescheduling with the manager. I had 2 15 minute interviews within a week. A day after my second interview I was extended an offer. It was a take it or leave it type of deal.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time you couldn't resolve a customer's complaint. What could have been done differently?   Answer Question
    None. You pretty much go in they tell you how much base pay is, explain the tip splits, and any promotional time for increased pay.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

I was in the store that hired me almost everyday as a regular customer. In fact, I was there so often that the manager asked me if I wanted to work there one day when they were short staffed on the floor. Stores are ALWAYS having issues with staffing turnover and good partner retention due to the fact that barista jobs are temporary/transitional in the minds of almost everyone that applies to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received unexpected, critical feedback about your performance?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

It was really easy! It wasn't interrogative in the slightest (the woman interviewing didn't really ask a ton of questions), and it was more of a conversation. She went over dress code, corporate policies, etc. She had a binder with her with a bunch of information about the company that she showed to me and asked if I had any questions. It was very relaxed and not intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you've struggled at something and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online through the Starbucks website. I got a call a day later and went in for an interview. And the interview I was asked why Starbucks. And how I could contribute to Starbucks as a company and why I was leaving my current job and I was very honest. It was a really easy interview but the manager at that store turned out to be a very bad manager.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

This involved a single phone call (I later found out the typical process is a phone interview, then an in-person interview, but I guess I was an exception). It mostly involved clarifications about my resume and behavioral-situational questions. Very easy to build rapport if you get a good feel for the person who is interviewing you, and take the time to think through your questions. Also suggest practicing with situational questions ahead of time to get your mind in the right space. Questions were such as, "Recall a time where you had a conflict with a coworker. What was the issue and how did you solve it?" and "Why Starbucks?" Pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Was there any time that you had a negative experience with a customer? What happened, and what did you do to try and make it better? (not difficult or unexpected, but important)   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's a take it or leave it, slightly higher than minimum wage position.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starbucks.

Keep your answers simple, and to the point. Be thorough, but do not overcomplicate. Remember the most important thing to Starbucks is the customer getting the great "Starbucks experience." They are looking for people who are reliable with a history of reliability.

Interview Questions
    • What happens if the schedule gets crazy and it seems chaotic. What should you do?   View Answer
    I had worked there 13 years ago for about a year, so they gave me about 75¢ more per hour.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

The interview was easy and laid back. They offer you a drink, take it as it is a part of the interview. As long as you act enthused about customer service and starbucks, you will get the job

No negotiations

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and a week later I called for a interview and this got called to meet with another manger at a different store . then the training process was nerve wrecking

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied at a few local stores and a different store manager called to set an interview. Was farther than I wanted to travel for work but accepted anyways. Interview was a lot of "tell me when" questions, so be prepared to pull situations from your past work experience. Hiring can take a while so don't expect to start training within the first few days, give it at least a week.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were difficult because unless you can really recall the exact situation you sound like your repeating yourself with every answer.   Answer Question
    You get what you get. Most managers will start you out a few cents above minimum wage.