Starbucks

Updated 24 Feb 2015
1,500 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Just talk about why you want to get in the company and show your passion in coffee, and than they will lead you to answer questions they provide.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get the balance between study and work?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate anything for this part time job.

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
    Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
    "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

No negotiations.

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and I heard back within a week. Pretty straightforward, easy interview. Basic interview questions regarding past customer service experience. Overall a nice people and nice atmosphere with nice people. Very relaxed and not intimidating.

Quality Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I am not even sure why I got an interview, because the first thing I was told was that the actual hiring manager was interviewing internal applicants. The guy who I interviewed with wasn't even part of the team, and seemed really disinterested in what I had to say. I really felt like I was a waste of his time and that I was a no go from the start. He claimed that he would be letting applicants know within the week if they were selected or not, and I never heard back. I was really excited about working for Starbucks and even had volunteered for them when they sponsored community events, but after this interview, and lack of personal courtesy, I'm not so sure about this company. I felt really let down. As an applicant, there is nothing worse than getting your hopes up for a job, and having the person interview you be completely disinterested with what you have to say, and never follow up with you. Even a thanks, but no thanks, would have been sufficient.

Interview Questions
    • Wow, you worked for this company for ....years, why did you leave?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

It was easy. Two interviews. Got a call back a week after my second interview. They did a background check and I started. It took them a while to call me for a Interview. I applied months before. By the time they called me I forgot I had even applied. The interviews are easy. Just make sure you accept the drink and don't act like you love and live for coffee.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online and they called a week later to schedule an interview that next day. We had a group interview for 3 locations. Accept the free drink. Asked situation questions like how did you handle it when you failed to give good customer service or something around that. Asked about our meaning of diversity and if it's important. They also want to know what type of person are you. A people person or friendly. Why did you choose Starbucks , what do you know about the company. So do a little research. Especially about diversity in the company. And They asked how much experience with customer service do you have. Got called for a second interview a few days later. The second interview was only ten minutes because the store manager wanted to talk face to face and the interviewer in the group interview asked all her questions. She wanted to know my availability, how I would prioritize customer orders, and how much I know about the drinks. I dressed professional but trendy. Black slacks flowered blouse. Overall it was laid back. The interviews are on the floor with the customers to see how you interact with the environment. The baristas are nice and the store managers are laid back and humorous. Background check takes a good week.
    In general, be yourself, laugh and smile. And eye contact.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected questions were the customer service questions for me because I don't have experience in customer service.   View Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Two rounds of interviews. First interview was with the general manager of the branch you will be working in. The second was with a general manager of a different branch. Both interviews had little difference. Very basic interview. Process took a week. First

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

Applied online, received an email from the HR recruiter - had a brief 30min convo with the recruiter a week later. Since I was out state, I had 4 different Skype interviews setup. Met various folks who I'd be working with. The first Skype interview made me a little uneasy; the two introduced themselves, and then there was about 5 seconds of silence before the gentleman said, "Aaaand you are?" I was taken off guard by the unprofessionalism of this man. I feel you should know how you're interviewing before you call the person. Other than that, the rest of the panel asked intriguing questions that really make you think. Overall, the process seems intense and a little bit of overkill. They're very big on building working relationships.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build relationships?
      Tell me about a time in your career where you failed miserably, and how did you bounce back?

Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

applied online. the process took 3 weeks. Basic behavioral questions. And they also wanted to see how my time management skills were. The interviewer was a store manager and he was really nice. Mostly had nice conversations with him. Didn't really feel like it was a formal corporate interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The interview process was ok, your run of the mill basic questions. I interviewed for an assistant management position but was offered a shift supervisor position to get experience first.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most surprising thing on the job description?   Answer Question
    I was asked how much I wanted to make and I was placed where I was going to have the opportunity to move up