Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
1,281 Interview Reviews

2.5

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Just talk about why you want to get in the company and show your passion in coffee, and than they will lead you to answer questions they provide.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get the balance between study and work?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate anything for this part time job.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Received a call about a week or two after I first applied. Short phone interview, just asked about my availability, nothing complicated it was more like a casual conversation. Scheduled a face to face interview at the location, was offered a drink while I waited. She explained the benefits and dress code, as well as what I would be doing if I got the job. Pretty simple, I wasn't really asked many questions, it was mostly just her talking. She was very friendly and the interview itself was very casual. At the end she said she would call within the next couple of days with an answer.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2011.

Be specific in answering questions. STAR your answers. Situation, Task, Action you took, Result. Be very cal , they want to know you can keep it together when things get hairy. Think spock...try to answer the questions as logical as posible..keep it simple and dont forget to star your answers

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you failed to meet the customers expectations. What happened? What did you do to fix it and what was the end result?   View Answer

Rather not say

Barista Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2012.

I had a manager from another Starbucks refer me to another manager at a nearby location. I was already a customer for 2 years and knew only the manager who referred me. The other manager approached me inside Starbucks and asked if I was interested in a job (I had tried to get a job at the store I frequented every day). I said yes and she asked me for my phone number and called me the next day to set up an interview time. It was about three days away. I showed up at the interview and it took only about 20 minutes. I was cheery and upbeat in my interview and was honest that I was not a morning person, which worked out great because she listened and started me out on nights after my two-week paid training. She called me about a day or two after saying I was hired and told me when my training started.

Interview Questions
    • What was one situation where you had a customer complaint and how did you address/fix the problem?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

The hiring process is simple. They invite you to the store after taking about three days to call you about your application. They talk about the company standards and policies and talk about dress code and job expectations. They ask questions about your previous job experience. If they are wanting to hire you, then you will know by the end of the interview, they will ask if you have your different forms of i.d. including your SSN/card. It takes about 5-7 days to finish the background check and they will call you in for training briefly afterwards.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

I submitted a paper application (they only do online applications now), and then followed up in person a couple of times after a few days. I was given a VERY casual interview by the assistant manager, then received a phone call later that day for a second interview with the store manager. The second interview was also very casual. I was mostly asked about previous customer service experience, what my schedule was like, and when I could start working.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a very difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. I was basically told the starting pay rate for a barista (this was in 2004) was $7.00/hr not including tips.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

Took about 2 weeks. Called in for an in-person interview about a week after filling out application online. Had interview, was called 2 days later and offered job pending background check which takes up to a week. Then scheduled training.

Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2010.

Easy just know the mission statement and know something about coffee and tea. They will ask you. Smile and show interest in wanting the job job job job job job job job job

It was easy

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks.

The manager read straight from a script and asked in depth questions that seemed more oriented towards management than Shift Supervisor. The interview was very rigid and lacked any manager personality included.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult task that you have had to do as a Manager?   Answer Question

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2010.

Honesty and integrity are critical to the interview process. Be able to speak to every point or fact you present. Can you explain the what's, why's, and results? There is no "correct" answer to be given. You need to respond in a way that shows how you function as a leader and manager. If you try to respond in a way you feel is the "correct" answer, you have already failed.

Interview Questions
    • Defining the difference between being a manager and a leader.   Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!