State Farm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Claims- Ilr Interview

Claims- Ilr

I applied through another source - interviewed at State Farm in February 2014.

Interview Details Tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer? What was the problem and what steps did you take to resolve the issue. How did you hear about state farm. The interview was about 20mins top by phone. And was hired right then on the spot. It was the easiest interview ever. Because I did not have to get dressed up and drive to the business.

Negotiation Details – none

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Richardson, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

Interview Details 5.29.14: Applied for position. I took the pre-employment tests April 2014.

6.11.14: Interviewed via phone with recruiter. Lasted 30 minutes.
Asked, 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) Why State Farm? 3) Situation where you needed to obtain info. 4) Disgruntled customer. 5) Quality of report compromised. 6) Handling a lot of data. 7) Demanding customer.
Questions asked starting with, "Tell me about a time...". Responded using STAR format; Situation, Task, Action, Result.Brief description of job was given. Days and work hours were given. Two opportunities to get licensed. Told it would be 2-3 weeks before a response was received due to reviewing internal applicants.
(E-mail and call received 6.6.14)

6.30.14: Interviewed with a panel of 3. They were all very personable. Lasted 35 minutes. They explained that the interview was structured and they would be taking notes, so there may be little eye contact. I asked if I could also take notes.
Asked 1) Tell us about yourself. 2) Time given critical feedback, what did you do, outcome? 3) Major change, how did you prepare? 4) Difficult idea, how did you communicate, approach taken, how did you check for understanding? 5) Steps to solve problem, best way, why, why not? 6) Excellent customer service given.
Responded using STAR format.
Key words/phrases they used when explaining job:
Licensing, Litigation Claims, Providers against State Farm, Case Law, Deposed.
They asked if I had any final words. No mention was made of when I would be contacted.
(E-mail and call received 6.24.14)

7.8.14: Received 2 E-mails stating selected for Claim Representative position in Claim Central at State Farm! Offer subject to acceptable background check and drug screen.
Drug screen instructions also received from HireRight.

7.9.14: Received a call from the recruiter explaining and offering the job. She stated that the call should have been before the e-mail.

7.17.14: Received call from recruiter that background check and drug screen were acceptable and would receive E-mail to complete I-9.

7.18.14: I-9 e-mail received.

8.11.14: Start date!

Word of Advice: Tailor your 'tell me about yourself' to the duties, responsibilities, knowledge and skills needed that are listed on the job description.

Good luck~

Interview Question – The 'quality of report compromised' question from the recruiter was awkward. I triple check things and keep copies to avoid issues with my work/assignments. I made this clear in my answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Norfolk, VA (US)

I interviewed at State Farm in July 2012.

Interview Details Brief interview with the agent of the office. Go over the quota they expect in sales. Very laid back. You just have to show that you are motivated and are willing to work for money. They show you a few generic slides State Farm gives them about income and different products State Farm offers.

Interview Question – Why is this job right for you?   View Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Marketing Representative

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details One interview only and direct. The questions are general interview questions. They are focused on life insurance so they will ask you if everyone you know is insured friendly but strict environment.

Interview Question – basic interview questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details I had one interview with HR and covered some of my history. It was all pretty standard. Follow up was an interview onsite. They were also all standard interview questions, mostly behavioral. They didn't not ask any weird trivia questions and there were no skills tests. Whole process took less than 2 months.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Interview Details I had the HR manager so my interview was over an hour where I heard others were only 20 minutes. The interview itself was over the phone and by far one of the most difficult interviews I have had.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time….LOTS OF THOSE!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have schooling it is more.

Loan Processor Interview

Loan Processor
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and was sent an "interview email". A week after completing the email I was called in for an interview on location. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel very relaxed. A week later I was called in for a second interview. Honestly I felt judged the moment the first interviewer walked in. It was a 2 person panel interview and I guess they were playing the "good cop bad cop" as one seemed really nice and the other seemed he could care less. I was told they were planning to start training a week and a half from then and are still running interviews. A week went by and my status still stated it was being reviewed by the hiring manager. I emailed HR and she did not reply personally, just suddenly my status changed to not selected and I got a rejected email the next day. Interestly enough the position has been reposted three times since I applied and posted after the time they stated they were going to start training. I'm not sure if they are "window shopping" or have not yet found that perfect person, but the position has been posted with the same amount of people needed as before so I guess they didn't hire anyone.

Interview Question – How would your degree help with this position? (see comments)   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative/Sales Interview

Customer Service Representative/Sales
Katy, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in April 2013.

Interview Details When aplying for this position, make sure you are very friendly. Have to have great customer services and really good sales pitch. Dress Professionally and be ready to interview with more than one person. Have your resume on hand and also be avaiable to work right away.

Interview Question – Depending on the agent there aren't any unexpected questions, besides how long you plan on being with the company. Most agents don't want to hire someone for a seasonal job while school is out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When can you start ?

Sales Marketing Specialist-Agent Staff Interview

Sales Marketing Specialist-Agent Staff

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was your standard by the book interview. The interview consist of several steps. Phone interview ( lots of situational questions) , 3 personality/behavioral assessments, background check, and an in person interview that is 60 minutes long.

Interview Question – The number of situational questions   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Insurance Sales Representative

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details professional attire took 3 interviews. How yow you work in a team what your goals are. Give examples of a time when you had to sell something. As well as how do work under pressure.

Interview Question – pretty standard   Answer Question

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!