State Farm Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.7

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

5.29.14: Applied for position. I took the pre-employment tests April 2014.

6.11.14: Interviewed via phone with recruiter. Lasted 30 minutes.
    Asked, 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) Why State Farm? 3) Situation where you needed to obtain info. 4) Disgruntled customer. 5) Quality of report compromised. 6) Handling a lot of data. 7) Demanding customer.
    Questions asked starting with, "Tell me about a time...". Responded using STAR format; Situation, Task, Action, Result.Brief description of job was given. Days and work hours were given. Two opportunities to get licensed. Told it would be 2-3 weeks before a response was received due to reviewing internal applicants.
    (E-mail and call received 6.6.14)

6.30.14: Interviewed with a panel of 3. They were all very personable. Lasted 35 minutes. They explained that the interview was structured and they would be taking notes, so there may be little eye contact. I asked if I could also take notes.
    Asked 1) Tell us about yourself. 2) Time given critical feedback, what did you do, outcome? 3) Major change, how did you prepare? 4) Difficult idea, how did you communicate, approach taken, how did you check for understanding? 5) Steps to solve problem, best way, why, why not? 6) Excellent customer service given.
    Responded using STAR format.
    Key words/phrases they used when explaining job:
    Licensing, Litigation Claims, Providers against State Farm, Case Law, Deposed.
    They asked if I had any final words. No mention was made of when I would be contacted.
    (E-mail and call received 6.24.14)

7.8.14: Received 2 E-mails stating selected for Claim Representative position in Claim Central at State Farm! Offer subject to acceptable background check and drug screen.
    Drug screen instructions also received from HireRight.

7.9.14: Received a call from the recruiter explaining and offering the job. She stated that the call should have been before the e-mail.

7.17.14: Received call from recruiter that background check and drug screen were acceptable and would receive E-mail to complete I-9.

7.18.14: I-9 e-mail received.

8.11.14: Start date!

Word of Advice: Tailor your 'tell me about yourself' to the duties, responsibilities, knowledge and skills needed that are listed on the job description.

Good luck~

Interview Questions
    • The 'quality of report compromised' question from the recruiter was awkward. I triple check things and keep copies to avoid issues with my work/assignments. I made this clear in my answer.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Mutual Funds Customer Service Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at State Farm in June 2014.

You can easily get hired through Kelley Services for this position. I was asked to come in for a tour of the facility. Once I saw where I would be working I had a good feeling about coming on board. Ince going through the training and realizing that the opportunities to advance would be handicapped by them asking me to commit to a year long contract to stay within the Mutual Funds department my opinion instantly changed about the company.

I declined because of pay and long term outlook.

SystemsAt RDC Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

I was interviewed by two systems mangers at the State Farm RDC center. They were really nice and all the questions were behavioral. The questions are similar to each other and it's easy to be repetitive. But they do ask for my school transcript.
    I think i did good homework before the interview, learned about the place online and was being able to show my passionate

Insurance Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

There were a couple of evaluations I took on line, and I submitted my resume. I had a phone interview that consisted of just basic biographical information, a face to face interview that consisted of very few questions. It was more of a general discussion concerning the job description. This was followed by a lunch meeting with an area sales supervisor, and at the end, I actually had to ask for the job.

Interview Questions
    • None, there were very few questions about my qualifications.   Answer Question
    Get ALL of the facts about training and compensation before you accept.

Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

1. Apply online and submit resume; indicate interest
    2. Receive response from hiring agent
    3. First interview-Why State Farm? Why this job? Cover skills/experience/education/career and personal goals/work style
    4. Background check
    5. Second interview-Review compensation, pay structure, job description and expectations
    6. Emailed offer and job contract

I took the initiative to apply for the job through State Farm Agent Locator. As it turns out, when I applied, they were not hiring in the office. I followed up my application with a personal email to the agent including a resume and cover letter and why I would like to be considered for a position within the agency. I applied for the a team member position and was offered an Agent Aspirant position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect from a boss or manager? Describe a time when you felt like you provided someone with really excellent service or assistance. What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    I negotiated for a 10% higher base salary which was accepted

Claim Processor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm.

it was friendly, easy. Nothing unexpected. You should do a mock interview prior since there might be a panel interviewing you. Otherwise, just be yourself and confident. They make the decision very quick.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Billings, MT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2011.

Aptitude testing. Screening process was quick and interview process was outstanding. Company uses STAR method in the interview process. The interview process was held via satellite conference with a panel of interviewers from Dupont, WA.

Claim Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

I applied online and received an email within a couple of days to complete the skills assessment test. After a couple of days, I received an email from a recruiter to set up a telephone interview. I completed the telephone interview and was offered a position on the spot. Offer is contingent on a background check. There were a lot of questions pertaining to teamwork and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was describe a time when you were able to calm down an angry customer or client.   Answer Question

Claim Associate ILR Interview

Phone interview for the position. The hiring recruiter called who was very friendly and professional. He asked with several question regarding me such as tell me about yourself & why you want to join the state farm team. The interview was approximately 25 mins and had regular types of interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a dissatisfied customer. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dunwoody, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

Applied for position in July 2014. Received email stating that I will have to take 2 assessments. Took the assessments. Received email that I passed the assessments and results will be passed to HR. Received email from HR asking me to forward info to someone else in HR with date and time range for a phone interview. Received and confirmed time for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions: Tell me what you know about State Farm. Tell me about yourself? How have you dealt with rude/difficult customers.

The interviewer asked about my availability on my application and said I would be required to work over night or weekends. My thought was if I told you that I want to work day shift M-F, why would you call me for an interview knowing that you would want me to work nights and weekends? This is why I didn't get an offer, because I felt confident about everything else.
        Answer Question

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!