State Farm

499 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quote and Bind Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at State Farm in August 2012.

Interview Details I was sent an email to take a test online. After taking the test I was called by a rep and given a phone interview. The next day I received an offer of employment pending background check.

Interview Question – How experienced are you at sales?   Answer Question

Insurance Representative Interview

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at State Farm in October 2011.

Interview Details Background check, might get surprised with a non-compete (this would have been nice to know prior to accepting and quitting my old job), wonderlich test, personality profile, learn about State Farm, basic questions asking if i loved money.

Interview Question – Are you money motivated?   View Answer

Strategic Resource Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Interview Details Was encouraged to apply online through college career fair. Received email and phone call to set up an interview with them about two weeks later. Heard back about a month after initial interview. A lot of straightforward workplace behavioral problems that HR departments typically ask during interviews. Take it easy and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – What questions do you have about our company?   View Answer

Agent Interview

Saint Johnsbury, VT (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm in August 2013.

Interview Details While this all started off well, things deteriorated over time. In my case, I had to wait and chase after the regional manager. I started proposal work and talking with agents before my meeting. Some were very pro, some were very con. To make a long story short, I was the driving factor -- perhaps a motivation test. But, as I neared close to 100 hours of prep work prior to a "presentation review", and finally got some hard data I was looking for from the manager 2 days prior.

I came to the conclusion what they wanted was mathematically impossible in the desired territory -- which it sounds like they didn't particularly care about.

I did my work late at night..... as I was running a business. Things are kept "mysterious" until you reach the "next level". It was an agent who told me that training was 3 months several states away.

Interview Question – None. It was straightforward. It simply seemed like a very long process, with questionable return. I blew the presentation. But, by that point, I thought the whole thing was somewhat bizarre. Lots of support from the recruiter and the initial company helper. Very lax manager -- which had me worried.   View Answer

Claims Associate-Express Interview

I applied online and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details I applied for probably 15 positions, each one with a slightly lower salary than the previous. State Farm prefers to hire on the ground floor (auto claims) and promote from within. If you want to work for State Farm, you should plan on applying for ILR-Auto or Express-Auto and work your way up/over from there. They each, typically, have only one interview--a phone interview.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details Submitted my Resume and Cover Letter to one of the recruiters. I received immediate response on how to properly apply. I scheduled a phone interview within the next week and was hired a week later

Interview Question – When have you worked as a team and had to persuade your team mates to do things your way?   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

DuPont, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2010.

Interview Details Communications were very good regarding Interview/Time Expectation.

Licensed Property and Casualty; Life and Health Producer Interview

North Platte, NE (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in October 2010.

Interview Details Hiring is a two part process with an aptitude test, and a situational question interview.

Interview Question – Tell of a time when you didn't work well with a team and the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Hendersonville, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Interview Details Interview was smooth and free of the usual "tell me about a time when.." kinds of questions. The agent focused squarely on the business and the role to be played. The information sought was intuitive yet the questions or statements leading into the conversation was unique to the agent's business model. I learned quite a bit from the interview and am blessed to have had the opportunity to sit for the CSR role.

P&C Claim Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Interview Details conference call interview with 3 HR after 2 computer tests online. Two of the 3 HR didn't make any common. Just one HR kept talking..

Interview Question – keep asking example with overlap behavior questions which mean one example can cover couple questions but they will ask separately for more examples.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm interview questions and advice. All 499 interview reviews are posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.