State Farm

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

2.7

Licensed Insurance Representative Interview

Hired by agent immediately. No one but Spanish people usually take these jobs. They asked if you liked sales and gave you a laptop to do training before you were hired so they font have to pay you

None

State Farm Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

First you will is a skills test . Its very analytical and a typing test. If u pass both, then u do phone interview very general questions geared to your knowledge about the job and your knowledge about the role you are applying for.
    2nd phase in person interview. Their will be 3-6 people in the room asking you behavioral questions ..."tell me about a time when.."
    If you pass the in person, you will be offered a job.
    First job offer is via phone, followed up by a mailed letter of job specifics and pay.
    You must pass education background check (no lying about degrees etc, they go through federal government national education database of degrees), drug test, and credit check (if u have bad credit you are a risk to the company as the potential to steal and fraud is hirer apparently)...
    Company is great, but u will work hard, very hard. Lots of room for growth and for continuing education, but you have to be ready to put in real real work to move up. However u can make alot of money.

Interview Questions
    • Are you mobile? (State farm is going through a lot of changes so mobility is key...u have to be ready to pick up and go at a moments notice) !!!   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Process took about 4 weeks. I applied online and then got an email to do the personality test. super easy it is just to make sure you can follow directions. Received a call from HR to set up in person interview. Went in for the interview and they told me about the position and then a bunch of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just a bunch of behavioral questions. They had a list of questions and were writing down what you said. Most difficult was probably how I reacted when plans or priorities changed at a previous job and how I reacted and what the result was.   Answer Question

State Farm Agent Staff Interview

I interviewed for an intern position and it was pretty easy because I found common interest with the Agent. As long as you demonstrate passion for the industry it's easy going.

Office Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm.

Very friendly atmosphere. I was asked a lot about myself as person in order to see if I was a good fit for the company/location. Overall, they make you feel like an individual and you are able to highlight your strengths.

Interview Questions
    Don't settle for the first offer.

Life Underwriter Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at State Farm.

State Farm generally does not hire externally for this position. It has happened but it is very rare. State Farm has a strict start at the bottom and work your way up policy, so most people have been with the company 5 to 10 years before being selected for an underwriter position.

That being said, an internal applicant should know that your performance reviews are available for a minimum of 3 years for any department manager to read. They are looking for the top performers in their departments and someone who generally has a degree. There are several older underwriters who don't have a degree but all the new waves have had at least a Bachelor's.

For internal candidates, you generally have two interviews. The first is with the Underwriting first line managers who have a team of about 8 to 10 direct reports. The second is with the Superintendent and generally the Operations Manager.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are fairly standard. State Farm lives, breathes and sleeps the STAR interviewing style. If you look-up standard interview questions, then you will be well versed for the interview. Seriously. Just make sure to stay on track because nobody will deviate from the script.   View Answer
    There are no negotiations. SF has a very specific pay structure and they don't have wiggle room.

AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER Interview

Interview was very quick & must show insurance knowledge or it will be a long learning lesson through mistakes however almost 99% of mistakes are reversible. Make sure the office you are interviewing at is a place you can see yourself working at everyday otherwise your production will reflect your attitude and you will be looking for another job in no time.

Interview Questions
    it is what it is , you may counter offer but you will get a feeling from the Agent that you can check out other offices if you dont want his offer.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm.

Go through the resume and check my knowledge about insurance industry. Then he gave a informational file and ask me to provide some improvements. Besides that, mention some useful suggestions to improve the sale in local.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Applied online took a month, did phone interview. Interview was easy. interviewer was nice but direct to point. I look her up on linkeden before the call. Was offered the job on the spot. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Why State Farm? Educational background? Several "tell me about a time" type questions.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable set pay.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm.

I submitted the application through my law school career services. I was excited because it was in Bloomington, where I went to school. I was contacted by phone and I set up an interview. When I got there, parking was extremely difficult to find and resulted in me being a tad late, even though I had arrived 30 minutes early. They interview you in two sessions, with two interviewers a piece. My first interview was very casual, but the second interview was a little tougher.

Interview Questions
    • They ask very specific legal questions that I wasn't necessarily prepared for, which may have been my fault.   Answer Question