State Farm Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

You will get a call from a local state farm and they will ask you to come in and meet for a one on one interview with the business owner. He will go over you resume with you and ask about you. There were not a lot of hard questions, except "sell me this pen." He may ask behavioral questions about a situation you may encounter during the job. Overall pretty easy interview and got a call within one week that I got the job.

Claim Support Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm.

Very pleasant. My first interview was with a an assistant manager and then a superintendent Make sure you know about the company. They will ask you about previous job experience as related to the postion applying for. "how you define team member,"Give an example of a time where you had to deal with conflict/resolution within a team environment."

Interview Questions
    • "what would you do if a co-worker consistently seems over demanding?"   Answer Question

Payment Plan Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm.

phone interview with "tell me a time when" type questions. Series of emails that advise you of each step has it takes place. The only time you actually meet anyone from the company is the first day of employment.

Intern Interview

I applied at a job fair and was asked to do an interview. There was a single interview the next day. After that I had to wait a few weeks to get a response from the recruiters. Overall it was pretty simple. Everything was very formal and professional-- make sure to wear a suit.

ITData Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Connected with an IT hiring manager at recruitment dinner. Called by recruiter to set up interview. Interview was very basic with some questions about what technologies I had experience with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you struggled with ambiguity in directions.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Applied online and then met at their office. Went through a list of behavioral questions and then at the end asked about technical skills. Never heard back from them after interview. Thought this was rude. Didn't follow up because I accepted a better opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did above the required amount of work for something   Answer Question

Claim Processor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm.

it was friendly, easy. Nothing unexpected. You should do a mock interview prior since there might be a panel interviewing you. Otherwise, just be yourself and confident. They make the decision very quick.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stone Mountain, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in September 2014.

I applied online and got a response about a day or two later. Scheduled an interview for the next day. The store was a small store with 6 desk with only 3 people working. I had the interview with the manager. He asked basic interview questions.

Office Associate Interview

interviewed at State Farm in September 2014.

I applied online, took a basic math and reading comprehension exam online after she emailed me the links. Passed those and then she set up a phone interview with me. Phone interview went well and she asked me to take a couple more online "tests" and said she'd be bringing people into her office within the next few weeks to see who was a good fit with her team. Took the online assessments, which where essentially personality questionnaires and then received an email a few days later stating that she had decided to pursue other candidates.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2014.

I met State Farm in my university career fair and applied for an internship. The person asked me if I need visa sponsorship, me being an international student said yes after a certain period of time but nothing of the sort is required for the internship, he offered me an interview. When I walked in for the interview there was another person sitting with the person I had met in the fair and the former again asked me the same question, I repeated my answer and then they said they do not sponsor and therefore do nor recruit candidates on F-1 visa. It was a 10 minute interview. I was very disappointed as I had spent the entire evening preparing for this. So internationals beware!

Interview Questions

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!