State Street

Relevance Date Difficulty

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant, Associate I
Sydney

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2011.

Interview Details I applied online on 2nd June 2011, got a 30 mins phone interview from HR a week later. The phone interview consists of both normal interview questions and behavious questions( no technical Q here!) I then got another call from HR to schedule an interview with 2 account managers on 27th june. It was a friendly one hour interview that consists of most behavious questions. I passed the first interview, and been scheduled the second interview with both account manager and assistant Unit head a week later (on 4th July). The second interview was relatively more serious, but overall was ok. It took me 40 mins and consists of most behavious questions.
After a long wait, about two week and a half, i got the offer! Thank god!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and most behaviour questions like how to work in a team and how to overcome stress.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant, Associate I
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in January 2009.

Interview Details Applied online through the company website. Got a call from HR for the phone interview. Received e-mail approximately a week later to notify that the application had gone through to the next round which was the interview with the fund manager and account manager. Made appointment for the interview. Went on for the interview, approximately one hour. Questions range from education, work experience, personality, what-if cases, technical questions. Got a call approximately 3 days later to notify me of the offer. Submitted all the documents requires, e.g. course transcript, letter of completion, visa, passport, and filled application form.

Interview Question – How to value a portfolio?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate initially since I was not thinking of taking the job. However, in the end, I accepted the offer to fulfill my visa requirements. At that stage, negotiation was impossible.

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant Associate I
Sydney

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in January 2010.

Interview Details I applied to this Fund Accountant role through seek.com.au with no relative work experience fresh out of university with a combined Accounting and Economics degree. I had really strong results and was approached very quickly after having applied (2-3 days). The first step in this process was to undertake a telephone based personality interview in which a member of the SS recruitment team asked a number of normal questions to get a guage on the candidates personality. For example... Why do you want to work in the Finance industry? What draws you to State Street? What do you look for in an organisation? etc etc.

If you pass this quick (15 min) phone based interview, you will be asked to interview with a panel of senior stakeholders in the organisation. My own interview was with three such managers and was very laid back and easygoing in terms of atmosphere. This interview is basically a personality test and a bunch of questions that help the interviewers determine your character, morals and I guess competence. Questions I was asked include how I see myself interacting in a team environment, what sort of challenges I have faced, how am I accurate and detail oriented etc etc. They also asked some basic accounting and finance related questions and hypothetical situations so be ready for that as well.

All in all it was a very warm and friendly interview allowing you to ask any questions you may have of the organisation and for SS to find out more about you as an individual. SS ended up calling me the very next day and offering me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult here. Just relating to your past work experience. How do you work in a team environment, what would you do in a situation where you thought your immediate supervisor was wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to dictate my salary slightly. The position advertised for 35-45k +super. Upon being asked my salary expectations I said honestly that I thought I was worth at least 50k per year base...but ended up being offered the max 45k + super with salary reviews each six months. I haven't been with the company for 6 months yet so will have to wait and see whether these pay rises come to fruition.

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

Fund Administrator - Associate II

I applied online and interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details Applied online and the process took about a week and a half. Human resources contacted me and I went into their office for a face to face interview a few days later. Met with three separate people. The first person I met with just read behavioral questions off of a sheet that were all different variations of each other. Felt as though I was just repeating myself over and over and didn't really see what any of these questions had to do with the job I was applying for. The second person I met with was a little bit more relaxed. He asked a few behavioral questions but we spent most of the time talking about my experience and the position I was interviewing for. The third person I met with was the best of the three. Spent the whole time in comfortable conversation talking about position/experience/why this job would be a good fit for me - no behavioral questions.

Interview Question – When was a time you have had to deal with a conflict in a group setting and how did you go about resolving it?   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Officer
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in April 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was fairly straightforward. I discussed my resume and experience with 3 team members. The focus was more on what my skills are and if I would like to work on the project. Questions were mostly behavioral with some focus on how i would work on the project. After my initial 3 interviews, I was called in to talk with the SVP of the department. It was a good experience - some difficult questions regarding the project but mostly testing my fit and interest for the project.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer

Operations Processing Analyst Interview

Operations Processing Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details I was emailed for an opportunity to apply and it was extremely last minute and attempting to find interns/employees quickly, so I did not have a phone interview and just an in-person interview. This whole process took about 3 weeks. I received the email about the opportunity week 1, I heard back week 2 (to set up an interview) and was confirmed for an interview week 3 and finally went in for an interview half a week after that.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to work in a difficult situation and how you were able to work around that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nonnegotiable

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in May 2014.

Interview Details HR Screening call, interview with two managers (1 hour), plus half an hour with HR talent acquisition.
Was told that I would be advised of their decision by the end of the following week, I followed up at the end of that week and was ignored.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Fund Administration Director Interview

Fund Administration Director
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street in November 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was fairly simple. I was contacted by a recruiter and everything was set up through him. I met with two people and the questions were pretty basic and straightforward. It seemed to be more about my personality and whether I would fit well within the team than about my technical expertise.

Staff Account Interview

Staff Account
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details Only one round of interviews. Seemed as though the interview was rushed and that the decision process was a very fast process. This was different from many other firms that I have interviewed with. Timely feedback was provided.

Interview Question – What is a conflict that you've experienced int he work place and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in August 2010.

Interview Details This was easy with my old bosses but the process has changed. I got called in and they went through my CV and as I was recommended they really just wanted to see if I would fit in with the team. They did a background check after I they offered me the role. This took 2 weeks.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy they gave me what I wanted.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!