State Street

Relevance Date Difficulty

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant, Associate I
Sydney

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2011.

Interview Details I applied online on 2nd June 2011, got a 30 mins phone interview from HR a week later. The phone interview consists of both normal interview questions and behavious questions( no technical Q here!) I then got another call from HR to schedule an interview with 2 account managers on 27th june. It was a friendly one hour interview that consists of most behavious questions. I passed the first interview, and been scheduled the second interview with both account manager and assistant Unit head a week later (on 4th July). The second interview was relatively more serious, but overall was ok. It took me 40 mins and consists of most behavious questions.
After a long wait, about two week and a half, i got the offer! Thank god!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and most behaviour questions like how to work in a team and how to overcome stress.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Fund Accountant, Associate I
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in January 2009.

Interview Details Applied online through the company website. Got a call from HR for the phone interview. Received e-mail approximately a week later to notify that the application had gone through to the next round which was the interview with the fund manager and account manager. Made appointment for the interview. Went on for the interview, approximately one hour. Questions range from education, work experience, personality, what-if cases, technical questions. Got a call approximately 3 days later to notify me of the offer. Submitted all the documents requires, e.g. course transcript, letter of completion, visa, passport, and filled application form.

Interview Question – How to value a portfolio?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate initially since I was not thinking of taking the job. However, in the end, I accepted the offer to fulfill my visa requirements. At that stage, negotiation was impossible.

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Sydney

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Street in January 2010.

Interview Details I applied to this Fund Accountant role through seek.com.au with no relative work experience fresh out of university with a combined Accounting and Economics degree. I had really strong results and was approached very quickly after having applied (2-3 days). The first step in this process was to undertake a telephone based personality interview in which a member of the SS recruitment team asked a number of normal questions to get a guage on the candidates personality. For example... Why do you want to work in the Finance industry? What draws you to State Street? What do you look for in an organisation? etc etc.

If you pass this quick (15 min) phone based interview, you will be asked to interview with a panel of senior stakeholders in the organisation. My own interview was with three such managers and was very laid back and easygoing in terms of atmosphere. This interview is basically a personality test and a bunch of questions that help the interviewers determine your character, morals and I guess competence. Questions I was asked include how I see myself interacting in a team environment, what sort of challenges I have faced, how am I accurate and detail oriented etc etc. They also asked some basic accounting and finance related questions and hypothetical situations so be ready for that as well.

All in all it was a very warm and friendly interview allowing you to ask any questions you may have of the organisation and for SS to find out more about you as an individual. SS ended up calling me the very next day and offering me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult here. Just relating to your past work experience. How do you work in a team environment, what would you do in a situation where you thought your immediate supervisor was wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to dictate my salary slightly. The position advertised for 35-45k +super. Upon being asked my salary expectations I said honestly that I thought I was worth at least 50k per year base...but ended up being offered the max 45k + super with salary reviews each six months. I haven't been with the company for 6 months yet so will have to wait and see whether these pay rises come to fruition.

Associate I Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details Applied online, phone interview to help screen candidates, was invited for a 2 on 1 interview at State Street, all behavioral questions no technical questions, interview lasted for about an hour, heard back 3 weeks before with the offer and had only a day and a half to decide

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details The interview consists of questions regarding past experience and many behavioral questions. The whole process from beginning to end took less than a week. I was hired the very same day. The tour of the building is nice especially seeing the office floor which gives you a quick and dirty insight on how the atmosphere of the company.

Interview Question – What situation have you encountered that required using a different approach to solving problem than the approaches previously used?   Answer Question

Derivatives Ops Specialist Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Street in February 2011.

Interview Details I came on through a temp service

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Fund Administrator, Associate I Interview

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details Easy interview, interviewed for about 30 minutes with two employees.

Interview Question – What is your biggest strength?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Street in March 2014.

Interview Details received email from internal employee, met with him few days later, waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – if i had any experience with many derivative related applications.   View Answer

Officer Interview

New York, NY (US)

Interviewed at State Street

Interview Details phone and face to face.

Negotiation Details – do or die...take it or leave it kind.

Very Easy Interview

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Street.

Interview Details 15 minute Phone interview, and then two one-on-one interviews with account managers. very structured and standard interview question - - strengths, weaknesses, and experiences

Interview Question – the initial interview questions are very common interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was very straight forward with standard starting salary with little room to negotiate. the salary was a bit lower than expected but i was reassured that there would be over-time and bonus opportunities however this did not turn out to be accurate in my group. over-time opportunities are definitely available in some groups but not all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street interview questions and advice. All 315 interview reviews are posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.