State Street

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State Street in July 2011.

I applied online on 2nd June 2011, got a 30 mins phone interview from HR a week later. The phone interview consists of both normal interview questions and behavious questions( no technical Q here!) I then got another call from HR to schedule an interview with 2 account managers on 27th june. It was a friendly one hour interview that consists of most behavious questions. I passed the first interview, and been scheduled the second interview with both account manager and assistant Unit head a week later (on 4th July). The second interview was relatively more serious, but overall was ok. It took me 40 mins and consists of most behavious questions.
    After a long wait, about two week and a half, i got the offer! Thank god!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and most behaviour questions like how to work in a team and how to overcome stress.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in January 2010.

I applied to this Fund Accountant role through seek.com.au with no relative work experience fresh out of university with a combined Accounting and Economics degree. I had really strong results and was approached very quickly after having applied (2-3 days). The first step in this process was to undertake a telephone based personality interview in which a member of the SS recruitment team asked a number of normal questions to get a guage on the candidates personality. For example... Why do you want to work in the Finance industry? What draws you to State Street? What do you look for in an organisation? etc etc.

If you pass this quick (15 min) phone based interview, you will be asked to interview with a panel of senior stakeholders in the organisation. My own interview was with three such managers and was very laid back and easygoing in terms of atmosphere. This interview is basically a personality test and a bunch of questions that help the interviewers determine your character, morals and I guess competence. Questions I was asked include how I see myself interacting in a team environment, what sort of challenges I have faced, how am I accurate and detail oriented etc etc. They also asked some basic accounting and finance related questions and hypothetical situations so be ready for that as well.

All in all it was a very warm and friendly interview allowing you to ask any questions you may have of the organisation and for SS to find out more about you as an individual. SS ended up calling me the very next day and offering me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult here. Just relating to your past work experience. How do you work in a team environment, what would you do in a situation where you thought your immediate supervisor was wrong.   Answer Question
    I was able to dictate my salary slightly. The position advertised for 35-45k +super. Upon being asked my salary expectations I said honestly that I thought I was worth at least 50k per year base...but ended up being offered the max 45k + super with salary reviews each six months. I haven't been with the company for 6 months yet so will have to wait and see whether these pay rises come to fruition.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street in January 2009.

Applied online through the company website. Got a call from HR for the phone interview. Received e-mail approximately a week later to notify that the application had gone through to the next round which was the interview with the fund manager and account manager. Made appointment for the interview. Went on for the interview, approximately one hour. Questions range from education, work experience, personality, what-if cases, technical questions. Got a call approximately 3 days later to notify me of the offer. Submitted all the documents requires, e.g. course transcript, letter of completion, visa, passport, and filled application form.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate initially since I was not thinking of taking the job. However, in the end, I accepted the offer to fulfill my visa requirements. At that stage, negotiation was impossible.

Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Only on campus interviews, was given the job a few days later. They interviewed about 10 students for the position. All behavioral questions so very easy to prepare for. There were two HR reps who interviewed me so I was not able to talk with someone who would be working in my area.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the last time you were told that you had effective communication   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Fund Accountant I Interview

They called me pretty quickly after i applied online. the recruiters were very helpful in establishing contact with specific teams or groups who were interested with me. The questions were read from a sheet that seemed very generic. As long as you talk about being a good teammate and a good co-worker, should get you into a good spot. The process was really good as I met with different teams all on the same day so multiple groups could meet with me instead of me coming in different day and times to meet them.

No negotiations

Professional Development Process Interview

Slow-moving Interview process.
    First round interview was an on-campus interview with a human resources representative. Behavioral questions.
    Second interview was onsite with team-specific representatives. Case interview and additional behavioral questions.

JFA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

There was a phone screen interview as well as an on site interview at the Sacramento location. I applied through my University's resource page and was contacted a few weeks after submitting the application. The interview was not bad. As long as you know basic accounting functions and are proficient with microsoft suite applications, you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to know what they refer to in the job description   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Info Session and Networking event that was a waste of time honestly. Met with a few managers who you most likely would not even be working for. Overall they just wanted to make sure you were able to speak and look like a professional. Then went back for a 2v1 interview where I answered basic questions and got an offer a week later

Low Salary

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Went to a State Street sponsored career info session. Left my application there after the session ended and was contacted for an interview. The interview process was very simple and easy, very basic questions like why you want to work here as this was an entry level position.

Clients Operations Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

It was mostly behavioural questions.. Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for an employee? What makes you suitable for this position? If you are prepared it should be easy for you then.

Interview Questions
    • What is accrual revenues and what is a bondbond amortization?   Answer Question