State Street Interview Questions & Reviews

396 interviews

2.6

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2011.

I applied online on 2nd June 2011, got a 30 mins phone interview from HR a week later. The phone interview consists of both normal interview questions and behavious questions( no technical Q here!) I then got another call from HR to schedule an interview with 2 account managers on 27th june. It was a friendly one hour interview that consists of most behavious questions. I passed the first interview, and been scheduled the second interview with both account manager and assistant Unit head a week later (on 4th July). The second interview was relatively more serious, but overall was ok. It took me 40 mins and consists of most behavious questions.
    After a long wait, about two week and a half, i got the offer! Thank god!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and most behaviour questions like how to work in a team and how to overcome stress.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in January 2009.

Applied online through the company website. Got a call from HR for the phone interview. Received e-mail approximately a week later to notify that the application had gone through to the next round which was the interview with the fund manager and account manager. Made appointment for the interview. Went on for the interview, approximately one hour. Questions range from education, work experience, personality, what-if cases, technical questions. Got a call approximately 3 days later to notify me of the offer. Submitted all the documents requires, e.g. course transcript, letter of completion, visa, passport, and filled application form.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate initially since I was not thinking of taking the job. However, in the end, I accepted the offer to fulfill my visa requirements. At that stage, negotiation was impossible.

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Street in January 2010.

I applied to this Fund Accountant role through seek.com.au with no relative work experience fresh out of university with a combined Accounting and Economics degree. I had really strong results and was approached very quickly after having applied (2-3 days). The first step in this process was to undertake a telephone based personality interview in which a member of the SS recruitment team asked a number of normal questions to get a guage on the candidates personality. For example... Why do you want to work in the Finance industry? What draws you to State Street? What do you look for in an organisation? etc etc.

If you pass this quick (15 min) phone based interview, you will be asked to interview with a panel of senior stakeholders in the organisation. My own interview was with three such managers and was very laid back and easygoing in terms of atmosphere. This interview is basically a personality test and a bunch of questions that help the interviewers determine your character, morals and I guess competence. Questions I was asked include how I see myself interacting in a team environment, what sort of challenges I have faced, how am I accurate and detail oriented etc etc. They also asked some basic accounting and finance related questions and hypothetical situations so be ready for that as well.

All in all it was a very warm and friendly interview allowing you to ask any questions you may have of the organisation and for SS to find out more about you as an individual. SS ended up calling me the very next day and offering me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult here. Just relating to your past work experience. How do you work in a team environment, what would you do in a situation where you thought your immediate supervisor was wrong.   Answer Question
    I was able to dictate my salary slightly. The position advertised for 35-45k +super. Upon being asked my salary expectations I said honestly that I thought I was worth at least 50k per year base...but ended up being offered the max 45k + super with salary reviews each six months. I haven't been with the company for 6 months yet so will have to wait and see whether these pay rises come to fruition.

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Street in May 2012.

Went for one interview with two interviewers, behavior questions based, got a call back several weeks later and got hired. There was not much room for negotiation in terms of salary but I did get more sign on bonus in the end.

Interview Questions
    There was not much room to negotiate. I did get more sign on bonus but was not able to increase the salary.

SSGM Officer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Street in July 2014.

Applied online was contacted two weeks later by State Street's HR department. Quick phone call, mostly informational about the position and discussion of my compensation expectations.

Next week went into State Streets office to interview with the VP and and AVP in the group for one hour. Standard discussion of my resume and interests.

Offer extended the next week. Came in somewhat low, they came back the next week with a higher offer but was still lower than what I was offered at another company I interviewed with during the same period.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions about my experience and handling different difficult situations that can occur when managing various stakeholders on one project   View Answer

Initial offer was low, was able to negotiate for an addtional $5k but still came in under what another company offered where the work was also more interesting

Fund Analyst Interview

I had a first experience with State street a few weeks ago. The experience was very good and they were very friendly. I am still waiting for the last decision. The questions were very simple and if you are prepared you will not have any problem. The questions were about my academic background and working experience. With regards to financial questions they just asked me to give some definitions for financial products. On the other hand, you need to be prepared for the situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • As it has been mentioned, the technical questions were not so demanding and if you have basic knowledge, everything will be fine.   Answer Question

Account/Pricing Specialist I Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at State Street.

Very friendly. HR communicated with me every step of the way. Hiring managers made me feel very comfortable. They asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as a few technical questions. They were really basic though. They asked about mutual funds, stock splits, dividends and such. Anyone who took finance courses will know the answers to these.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Phone interview followed by a in person interview at their offices. At the offices, the interview was 1 on 1, but with multiple people. In general everyone has a positive attitude. They ask questions, both technical and about your background. They all seem like they are highly intelligent people.

Interview Questions
    • On a linear regression, if one new variable is added, and that variable is highly correlated to another, will the t-test statistic will go up or down?   View Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at State Street.

Questions were related to core Java, servlets and java script. Also questions on database including sqls. Not too hard, but definitely probing. There were three people on the panel if I remember correctly. they were nice and friendly. did not try to rush me or anything. Did not feel intimidated.

Interview Questions
    • asked about sql fundamentals; use of rollback segments etc   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Street in May 2014.

Interview consisted of about 8 people. They began interviewing me for one position, then thought I would be a good fit for another position, and proceeded to interview me for that as well. The way they were able to give me the best fit opportunity really made me feel like they valued me as more of a person, than a position to fill. The interview was very personable, and they educated me on the different types of funds and services that the company offered.

Overall the interview had mostly background information, less of the technical. They care about you as a person.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!