State Street

Updated 24 Nov 2014
Updated 24 Nov 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at State Street in July 2011.

I applied online on 2nd June 2011, got a 30 mins phone interview from HR a week later. The phone interview consists of both normal interview questions and behavious questions( no technical Q here!) I then got another call from HR to schedule an interview with 2 account managers on 27th june. It was a friendly one hour interview that consists of most behavious questions. I passed the first interview, and been scheduled the second interview with both account manager and assistant Unit head a week later (on 4th July). The second interview was relatively more serious, but overall was ok. It took me 40 mins and consists of most behavious questions.
    After a long wait, about two week and a half, i got the offer! Thank god!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and most behaviour questions like how to work in a team and how to overcome stress.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Street in January 2010.

I applied to this Fund Accountant role through seek.com.au with no relative work experience fresh out of university with a combined Accounting and Economics degree. I had really strong results and was approached very quickly after having applied (2-3 days). The first step in this process was to undertake a telephone based personality interview in which a member of the SS recruitment team asked a number of normal questions to get a guage on the candidates personality. For example... Why do you want to work in the Finance industry? What draws you to State Street? What do you look for in an organisation? etc etc.

If you pass this quick (15 min) phone based interview, you will be asked to interview with a panel of senior stakeholders in the organisation. My own interview was with three such managers and was very laid back and easygoing in terms of atmosphere. This interview is basically a personality test and a bunch of questions that help the interviewers determine your character, morals and I guess competence. Questions I was asked include how I see myself interacting in a team environment, what sort of challenges I have faced, how am I accurate and detail oriented etc etc. They also asked some basic accounting and finance related questions and hypothetical situations so be ready for that as well.

All in all it was a very warm and friendly interview allowing you to ask any questions you may have of the organisation and for SS to find out more about you as an individual. SS ended up calling me the very next day and offering me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult here. Just relating to your past work experience. How do you work in a team environment, what would you do in a situation where you thought your immediate supervisor was wrong.   Answer Question
    I was able to dictate my salary slightly. The position advertised for 35-45k +super. Upon being asked my salary expectations I said honestly that I thought I was worth at least 50k per year base...but ended up being offered the max 45k + super with salary reviews each six months. I haven't been with the company for 6 months yet so will have to wait and see whether these pay rises come to fruition.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Street in January 2009.

Applied online through the company website. Got a call from HR for the phone interview. Received e-mail approximately a week later to notify that the application had gone through to the next round which was the interview with the fund manager and account manager. Made appointment for the interview. Went on for the interview, approximately one hour. Questions range from education, work experience, personality, what-if cases, technical questions. Got a call approximately 3 days later to notify me of the offer. Submitted all the documents requires, e.g. course transcript, letter of completion, visa, passport, and filled application form.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate initially since I was not thinking of taking the job. However, in the end, I accepted the offer to fulfill my visa requirements. At that stage, negotiation was impossible.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Went to a State Street sponsored career info session. Left my application there after the session ended and was contacted for an interview. The interview process was very simple and easy, very basic questions like why you want to work here as this was an entry level position.

Clients Operations Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Street.

It was mostly behavioural questions.. Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for an employee? What makes you suitable for this position? If you are prepared it should be easy for you then.

Interview Questions
    • What is accrual revenues and what is a bondbond amortization?   Answer Question

Associate II Interview

Applied through online application. Was contacted 5 days later for info sessions and informal networking. Interview on site a week later. All behavior questions. 45 minutes long with an AVP and a VP. Very friendly and relaxed environment. Most questions revolved around working in group setting and how I resolve conflict. Open ended. Went over resume for a brief amount of the time. No technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with data. Tell me about a time you were commended on your communication. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

My phone interview went really great, which landed me a second face to face interview. The face to face interview went awesome as well. They welcomed me with coffee and made me feel very comfortable as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue with a fellow co-worker/classmate?   Answer Question

Portfolio Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Street.

Initiated by phone call after submitting resume followed by an interview with a minimum of 2 managers depending on the position. Process was friendly and not intimidating. Questions were pretty basic centered on problem solving and computer literacy (Excel knowledge is a big plus!)

Interview Questions
    • Describe in depth one difficult business related problem or project you encountered in a past experiences and how you overcame it.   View Answer

Assistant VO Interview

It was fine interview for current position was a formality as I knew the hiring manager. I've found the process to be very standardized in the past with a generic form to follow when interviewing new hires.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Street.

Interviews at State Street are behavioral. If you got the interview, congrats you meet the requirements. At this point, its to see if you fit the mold of the group.

Interview Questions
    • You have 5 minutes to dig a 10 foot deep hole, how do you proceed?   View Answer

Another position, more money.