State of Arizona Interview Questions

Updated 11 Aug 2014
Updated 11 Aug 2014

3.4

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Arizona in May 2014.

There was two people and they both had a list of questions to ask. The questions were random questions as to what I can contribute. They already know who they want to hire, it is just a process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that was difficult and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Statewide Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in November 2013.

Two interviews than offered formal job

Interview Questions
    • Strengths/ weakness. Difference between cash and accrual   Answer Question
    No negotiation

PSE I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State of Arizona.

Applied online. Got a phone call about three weeks later. The call was brief just asking my interest and some basic info. Had a panel interview with two managers. Got a call a week later to verify my references. A few days later I got an email stating I got the job.

Interview Questions
    Salary was non negotiable. Was able to choose schedule and location.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Arizona in October 2013.

I was contacted by an HR employee to schedule a phone interview because I was out of state. The interview consisted of an HR employee, research director, and two research analysts taking turns asking me questions about my interest, experience, and fit for the position. The director also asked me some individual questions about my school and past jobs at the beginning. They told me that if I advanced past the first interview then I would be given an in-person interview. They told me that the person hired for the person would be working only on a specific research project. It seemed they were concerned about my availability for the position since I was still a few months away from graduating. After the interview I was emailed a writing assignment and told that I had 15 minutes to complete it and send it to them. I was told about a week later that I was not selected for the position. When I contacted them to ask why I was advanced they would not provide any information.

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in September 2013.

I applied online, took a 2 hour online assessment(semi-difficult). A couple days later, I got a call for an interview. Interviewed with 2 managers who asked interview questions. The interview lasted about 25-35 minutes. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Share a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, how would you deal with a co-worker who's hard to get along with?, Are you a team player?   Answer Question
    Pay was non negotiable but I was able to pick a location near my home. Mon-Fri 8-5p.

Public Service Evulator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at State of Arizona.

feels like a board meeting where they try to intimidate you but they don't even know what to do

25000 take it or leave it

DES Information Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at State of Arizona in August 2012.

Interviewed with CISO for DES--Dept of Econonic Security for contract position, possibly later hire (but not part of the process today). One hour. Looking for God and Apple Pie. Pay is good for market--but what they are asking for is a lot--excessively so even in today's market where this seems to be the normal. The environment there is not pleasant--dark and dreary and run down.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly hard or unexpected--expect to be thoroughly interviewed, and go through the slow process whether or not they already have someone in mind. Go by the book and bureacracy is the motto here.   Answer Question

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in April 2011.

Do not remember the date of the IQ/Skills test but it was intense and online, tool about 2 hours to complete. Never thought I had passed it. Then one day I received a call for a panel interview, so I guess I did pretty good! The panel interview was very professional, took about 1 hour once the quesitons began.

Interview Questions
    • How many times have you had unexcused days from work?   Answer Question
    • How would your current employer/manager describe your work habits to others?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the location I would like to work, I had two choices.

Child Protective Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingman, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingman, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State of Arizona in April 2010.

4 person panel asking for specific instances of problem solving and results obtained.

GIS Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State of Arizona in March 2010.

It all went very well - felt I had a connection with the hiring manager.