Stryker Interview Questions

3.4

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

Preliminary Phone Interview followed by Gallup Test then face-to-face interview.
    Generally a relaxed phone interview, with the interviewer trying to establish your character traits, where and how you would best fit in the company.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about work experience and character.

What are your strengths/Weaknesses?
      What has been your greatest achievement?
      How would your friends describe you?
      Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?
      What motivates you?
      What do you find most difficult?
        Answer Question
    This is the preliminary phone interview and I was then asked to sit a Gallup test.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Stryker.

The initial process was long. Started with several phone interview with the recruiter. The response time from each email sometimes takes as long as a month. If you are selected for further screening, you will be contacted by a 3rd party company called gallup to see if your traits fits what they are looking for. An onsite 5 hr interview comes next if you are selected and you will be interviewed by several managers and engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Several situational questions on how you would handle a situation and the process.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Stryker in May 2011.

Initial screening phone interview - comprising of personality questions (Gallup I think). Lasted about 10 minutes
    Asked to come in for face-to-face: two interviews, one with HR (more and often the same personality questions) and one with my boss (previous experience, skills base etc)
    Finally a Gallup phone interview (personality profiling)

Interview Questions
    • When you are angry, do people know what you are angry about?   View Answer
    • A place for everything or everything in its place?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mahwah, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker.

Pass the Gallup, you can download a copy of the questions on Scribd.com - they were almost exactly the same questions. Answer them honestly, but having them beforehand helps you self-reflect.
    Everyone was really nice and professional. Once you get past the Gallup they are surprisingly lax on the interviews, not as much grilling as I've had in my career.

This position is not a Product Marketing position - it's a glorified sales support position. Be sure to ask lots of questions about basic marketing functions like determining and implementing strategies, decision making processes on new product launches, etc - you will uncover that "product manager" at Stryker means "field sales support." Be sure you ask a lot of questions and get to the bottom of what the position entails - I probed a lot and found this isn't a marketing or product management position at all despite what the job description says!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Gallup questions weren't really hard, but just have lots of examples of behaviors. Actual interviews are quite easy - know the products and industry and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

I began the interview process by speaking with a recruiter over the phone. He emphasized the importance of interviewing with a business group that I was passionate about working with. I was then asked to participate in the Gallup interview, which was roughly a hour on the phone and all personality/ motivation based questions. I then waited 3 weeks without hearing back from the company, assuming that I was out of the running for the position. However, I recently was invited to the company for an all day interview with several different people. I was told I needed to give a 20 min power point presentation about myself, including an analysis of some marketing scenarios. Overall, the experience and everyone I have interacted with have been very nice. Just keep in mind that the process is slow, patience is key.

Interview Questions
    • You are in charge of marketing for a candy bar that has been successful in England but is now being launched in the US. What are you major considerations?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Stryker.

Met at a campus career fair over a course of a week they were there. I returned for an interview the next day. The first interview was mostly your standard, why do you want to work here, how will you be a fit, etc. They explained the Gallup interview process as well. Stryker is known to have many interviews (12-15) before they feel confident hiring a full-time employee

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in May 2013.

Applied - was easy to follow and the online apply process was simple
    Phone Screen - very cordial and professional
    Gallup Interview - intense
    Onsite Interview - cordial and professional
    Offer - what I expected
    Hired - glad to be here!

Interview Questions
    Very easy to negotiate as the recruiter already knew what I was looking for in a comp and long term incentive plan.

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stryker.

This was a campus interview for me. There were several rounds starting from written test and then a group discussion followed by the technical and HR interview. After this, there was a behavioral interview by Gallup.
    In the technical interview our basic understanding of the subject was tested. The questions were simple and fundamental. The Gallup round was for approximately 1 hr with around 100-150 questions. This was the tough part where they ask questions regarding your achievements, your behavior and various other things, with examples. This was a mandatory for every new employee joining Stryker at any level. They made sure we would fit the company's culture.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part I felt was to be prepared for the Gallup round, where questions like what did you achieve in the last one week? and how did you help a friend in the last one month? They were tricky because they would ask the same question again in a different form and make sure you are telling the truth.   Answer Question

Patient Handling Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

phone interview, face to face, gallup, skype interview.
    Stryker only wants a specific type of candidate, if you dont fit the profile you will not get the job. The face to face is very intense, question after question, need to be quick on your feet. Have to be very successful in previous sales job and must show how and why

Engineer Interview

Stryker uses Gallup to determine how you will fit into the position you are interviewing for. The profile is saved in you HR folder and reevaluated if you want to change roles throughout your career. The process is a marathon, not a sprint and there seemed to be tricks along the way to catch people off their game.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing out of the ordinary, besides the quantity of interviews and slight disorganization of the process   Answer Question

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!