Stryker Interview Questions

3.4

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

Preliminary Phone Interview followed by Gallup Test then face-to-face interview.
    Generally a relaxed phone interview, with the interviewer trying to establish your character traits, where and how you would best fit in the company.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about work experience and character.

What are your strengths/Weaknesses?
      What has been your greatest achievement?
      How would your friends describe you?
      Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?
      What motivates you?
      What do you find most difficult?
        Answer Question
    This is the preliminary phone interview and I was then asked to sit a Gallup test.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

The initial process was long. Started with several phone interview with the recruiter. The response time from each email sometimes takes as long as a month. If you are selected for further screening, you will be contacted by a 3rd party company called gallup to see if your traits fits what they are looking for. An onsite 5 hr interview comes next if you are selected and you will be interviewed by several managers and engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Several situational questions on how you would handle a situation and the process.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Stryker in May 2011.

Initial screening phone interview - comprising of personality questions (Gallup I think). Lasted about 10 minutes
    Asked to come in for face-to-face: two interviews, one with HR (more and often the same personality questions) and one with my boss (previous experience, skills base etc)
    Finally a Gallup phone interview (personality profiling)

Interview Questions
    • When you are angry, do people know what you are angry about?   View Answer
    • A place for everything or everything in its place?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

Spoke with recruiters at the career fair and then was invited back for an on campus interview the next day. In the interview they asked me questions regarding my resume and ended with a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • The personality test was tough in general because they want a yes or no answer most of the time but they weren't always yes or no questions. Ex: Do you want your coworkers to like you?   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

If you are interviewing via an on campus interview, the first round interview will be half technical questions, and half "fit" questions, to see if you will fit in the Stryker culture.
    if you make it past the interview on campus, you may have a phone interview with the team that wants to work with you to see if you would fit the job description. After that, you will have a gallup personality test done, that is done over the phone and takes about a half hour. then you will have on-site interviews if you make it past that point.

Interview Questions
    • As far as the technical questions, they will ask you things like "what is something that you have gained a high degree of competency?", and then ask you to go into detail about it. As far as the fit quetions, they may ask you things like:
      Are you more aggressive then others
      how you you rate your aggressiveness on a scale of 1 to 5?
       A follow-up question could require the participant to give an example of a situation where they did or did not use aggression to handle a situation.
      What was the last thing you purchased for someone?
      How would you rate yourself on a scale from 1-5?
      Why do you think you are more qualified for this job compared to others that are applying for the position? Please be specific.
      Do you consider yourself to be an egotistical person?
      Would you prefer to be paid on an hourly basis or do you think that you would be better suited with performance-based wages?
      How do you handle team members who do not pull their own weight while on the job?
      In a meeting, do you ever consider it unnecessary to talk?
        View Answer

Engineering Interview

First, I talked to a rep at a campus career fair. This led to an on campus interview, with mainly questions about what I was interested in and more technical questions regarding what I have already done. This interview also had behavioral/character questions. The following phone interview was very similar to the first. Third phone interview was Gallup (purely behavioral/character). I was told I would be contacted for a fourth interview, but communications ceased.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding the depth and breadth of the engineering design work I had previously done.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

Timeline: Recruiter Email Intro, Recruiter Phone Intro, Recruiter Interview, Hiring Manager Phone Interview, Gallup Interview, On Site Interview, Department Head Phone Interview, Offer. Recruiter and hiring manager were very responsive and ready to answer any questions relating to the company and the position. They focused a lot on personal career development and support employees exploring different roles in other departments within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly difficult for the position, but Stryker has been the only company that I've taken the Gallup interview with   Answer Question

Took a gamble that the current job would be better financially in the long term

Intern Interview

Got on campus interview through career fair. I think it's more of a Q& A session than a interview. The interviewer asks you question and then keep taking notes when you are talking. Asked a lot of personality type stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something technical about you.   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

OMG it took 5 months to get the job at Stryker - the HR department is HORRIBLE they are SOOOOO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!! and you have to interview with at least 10 people

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

1. Tell me something about yourself?
        Then I talked about myself for a little bit.
    2. What do your think it is your strength?
    3. Tell me something you know about Stryker and why do you want to join us?
        After that, I ask the interviewer how he get into Stryker and how did he like Stryker. He told me that he was actually a mechanical engineer, and after he get into Stryker, he worked on a position on quality assurance. He also told me that there's a lot of training in Stryker and a lot of corporation and interpersonal communication.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something you know about stryker and why do you want to join us?   Answer Question