Stryker

329 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details The initial process was long. Started with several phone interview with the recruiter. The response time from each email sometimes takes as long as a month. If you are selected for further screening, you will be contacted by a 3rd party company called gallup to see if your traits fits what they are looking for. An onsite 5 hr interview comes next if you are selected and you will be interviewed by several managers and engineers.

Interview Question – Several situational questions on how you would handle a situation and the process.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Regulatory Affairs
Sydney

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Stryker in May 2011.

Interview Details Initial screening phone interview - comprising of personality questions (Gallup I think). Lasted about 10 minutes
Asked to come in for face-to-face: two interviews, one with HR (more and often the same personality questions) and one with my boss (previous experience, skills base etc)
Finally a Gallup phone interview (personality profiling)

Interview Questions

• When you are angry, do people know what you are angry about?   View Answer
  • A place for everything or everything in its place?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Phone interview. Followed by 2nd phone interview with Gallop (50 min rapid fire question and answer). Face to face interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was contrarian and difficult, but post-hire informed me that he knew he was going to hire me right away. In-house interview with V P of sales and other internal management.

Interview Question – Gallop Interview is fast paced...be prepared!   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Phone interview, Hiring manager interview, Gallup, onsite interview

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Received a phone call from a Stryker hiring manager which lasted about 40 minutes. The process was a bit unique for me because I was connected by a recruiter because of my military background. I felt it was more a discussion than a Q and A session, but I guess each company has their own methods. After the discussion I learned that it went well, but I was a better fit for another position. This was a little disheartening since I then had to go through the phone interview with another hiring manager, and I am still waiting on those results.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, a lot of questions that asked about my military experience and how it might apply to their company. My advise would be to have a few vignettes ready which emphasize your managerial capabilities. These will undoubtedly come up at the actual interview anyway.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Jackson, MS (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

Interview Details I was initially contacted through LinkedIn as a candidate. I told the recruiter that I would like to pursue this opportunity, as it would be a big step up in my career.

The recruiter called within a few days for an initial interview. Questions were mostly about where I was in my current situation, how I measured success, etc. Formal screen, from what I can tell.

The recruiter contacted me again a few days later asking if I would like to meet/interview with the Regional Manager in two days. I made sure I studied up on the company beforehand and went into the interview as prepared as I could (without first having talked to anyone in the company). Cafepharma, Medzilla, and this site helped immensely.

This interview was face-to-face and I learned a lot. It is true that the company culture is gravitated around winning and they like their sales reps aggressive and assertive. Confidence kills. It seems that there is emphasis on having a 'go-getter' attitude, strategic mindset, and above all - delivering results. The RM told me in a very matter-of-fact tone that if you don't make quota, you will be fired. That being said, you are allowed autonomy to get the job done however you see fit. He seemed genuinely excited about the career and that was encouraging - they want people that are hungry & enthusiastic.
He was also very upfront about, "getting the right person for the job" - which is something I can respect. A career in sales seems very much predicated on personality - (Type A, if I am any judge). There is also physical appearance to consider. In sales, attractive people often do better than not, and I'm sure this factors into the overall equation.

It was hard to get an accurate read what how the RM was thinking, but overall it was positive. Be at the ready with examples to illustrate your points and let the conversation flow. He mentioned that the salary was around 50K for this position.

That is where I am in the interview process. Do not know if I will be called for the gallup test (another, much more intensive phone screen - on personality characteristics). From what I gather, getting a call in a few days (no longer than a week) is a good sign. I'll be honest, I did not get that sign (was told two weeks). I've also read that the entire process can take a month or more.

Not worried though. We'll see where it goes! - I hope this review helps!

Interview Question – One difficult aspect was to try and get a word in. The RM was a fast talker & would often go on for awhile in a story - Not necessarily a bad thing since I asked a lot of open-ended, technical questions   View Answer

Medical Sales Interview

Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stryker in June 2012.

Interview Details Was referred by a local physician and customer of Stryker. Initial phone discussion was with local sales rep covering the accounts. Face to face interview was scheduled for a Friday afternoon at 4:30 at the Peabody hotel in downtown Memphis. Interview was conducted in the lobby with about 100 guests and tourists crowded around to see the Duck March. Regional Manager was supposed to be present, but he caught an early flight leaving the sales rep to do the interview. The sales rep was dressed in sweat pants, a T-shirt, and tennis shoes (because he had "been in cases all day"). The interview was basically him reading questions from a sheet and having to yell them to me because of the noise in the hotel lobby. I was neither impressed with the process or the results of my time with him.

Interview Question – Asked about my relationship with the physician who referred me for the job and if I thought our friendship might help me secure more business in the account.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Contractor Technical Writer Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

Interview Details Multiple phone screens including psychological quizzes. A real labyirnthine to overcome before actually talking to a hiring mgr.

Interview Question – Multiple "Personality Testing for Psychological Fitness" questions from a contractor who could've cared less.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in July 2013.

Interview Details Phone screen, hiring manager screen, gallup interview, onsite interview...offer. Very thorough process and the candidate care team was amazing.

Interview Question – Behavioral based questions and very detailed questions about my interest and how I would handle certain situations. I felt the process was very professional and they took care of me from start to finish.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy to negotiate with Talent Acquisition. My offer was exactly what I was expecting

Finance Manager Interview

Mahwah, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Company relies heavily upon the Gallup phone interview and screening process. The Gallup phone interview can take up to 2 hours and inquires about specific situations whether it be from your personal or professional life and how you handled/overcame each one. There is no right or wrong answer but based on your feedback they are able to assess whether you will be a good fit for the organization. The advice provided to me by the hiring manager for each of my examples was to say that I 'always' went above and beyond, 'always' stayed late, 'always' took on new projects, 'always' a team player...

Interview Question – Please tell me a time in your personal/professional life where you had to overcome adversity and how has that made you a stronger individual?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once an offer was extended I only dealt with Human Resources (Talent Acquisition) from that point on and negotiated my salary and sign-on bonus with them.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stryker

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Stryker Videos

Stryker – Why Work for Us?

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker interview questions and advice. All 329 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Stryker employees and interview candidates.