Stryker

3.4

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

Preliminary Phone Interview followed by Gallup Test then face-to-face interview.
    Generally a relaxed phone interview, with the interviewer trying to establish your character traits, where and how you would best fit in the company.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about work experience and character.

What are your strengths/Weaknesses?
      What has been your greatest achievement?
      How would your friends describe you?
      Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?
      What motivates you?
      What do you find most difficult?
        Answer Question
    This is the preliminary phone interview and I was then asked to sit a Gallup test.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

The initial process was long. Started with several phone interview with the recruiter. The response time from each email sometimes takes as long as a month. If you are selected for further screening, you will be contacted by a 3rd party company called gallup to see if your traits fits what they are looking for. An onsite 5 hr interview comes next if you are selected and you will be interviewed by several managers and engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Several situational questions on how you would handle a situation and the process.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Stryker in May 2011.

Initial screening phone interview - comprising of personality questions (Gallup I think). Lasted about 10 minutes
    Asked to come in for face-to-face: two interviews, one with HR (more and often the same personality questions) and one with my boss (previous experience, skills base etc)
    Finally a Gallup phone interview (personality profiling)

Interview Questions
    • When you are angry, do people know what you are angry about?   View Answer
    • A place for everything or everything in its place?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was three interviews long. You can do trauma or recon. You work about the same amount of hours but with recon you don't have to be on call. You have to take a test and if you don't pass you won't get invited to the third interview.

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Only went through initial round. Recruiter was very nice and asked basic questions. Simple behavioral interview. I felt like it went really well but I didnt' get an offer becasue I applied too late.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather learn a lot about a little or a little about a lot?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Employee I know gave me resume to recruiter, Initial phone interview with recruiter about 15 minutes. Pretty basic, get to know you/why want to work here/some gallup questions (eg. on a scale of 1-10 how organized are you). Then had gallup interview a week later over phone, about 30 minutes even though said it would take an hour. Asked for follow up on about 80% of questions (eg. do you handle conflict well? Give situation where you did). Next step was on-site interview a few weeks later

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I applied through my school for an internship. I was invited for a face to face interview, but haven't heard back yet. I believe some people have gotten a no already but I haven't heard anything, so I'm not sure how it went. The face to face interview consisted of a couple of technical questions (regarding my own expertise), but was mostly filled with a lot of quick personality questions.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stryker.

On-site personal interview day.
    Hiring Manager Interview
    Technical Interview 1
    Technical Interview 2
    Technical Interview 3
    Hiring Manager Interview
    HR Wrap Up

Hiring managers: Hiring managers were friendly and charismatic. They felt like the people you WOULD like to work for.

The engineers who interviewed me, though, were another story.
    Technical Interview 1: One was an introverted soft-spoken man who never responded to the answers I was giving for technical questions. Essentially faced with a blank face, I was unsure what to do next after answering a question.
    Technical Interview 3: This guy was easily very proud of himself. After answering questions, he was eager to correct me and point out what was wrong. At one point, he called me a liar, which was very offensive. He was quite spiteful in his tone of voice--until his superior came to interview me. Then he turned all smiles and "bro-on-bro," which only made me more disappointed with who I would be working alongside with.

HR was extremely friendly and dynamic, but I will not pursue a job there considering the people they chose to interview me were not inspiring.

Interview Questions
    • How multiple communication protocols worked from a low-level all the way to top-level.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First, I went through a phone screen that was very easy. Next, there was an outsourced interview that was much longer. Questions asked were not relevant to position, especially as a student.

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

If you are interviewing via an on campus interview, the first round interview will be half technical questions, and half "fit" questions, to see if you will fit in the Stryker culture.
    if you make it past the interview on campus, you may have a phone interview with the team that wants to work with you to see if you would fit the job description. After that, you will have a gallup personality test done, that is done over the phone and takes about a half hour. then you will have on-site interviews if you make it past that point.

Interview Questions
    • As far as the technical questions, they will ask you things like "what is something that you have gained a high degree of competency?", and then ask you to go into detail about it. As far as the fit quetions, they may ask you things like:
      Are you more aggressive then others
      how you you rate your aggressiveness on a scale of 1 to 5?
       A follow-up question could require the participant to give an example of a situation where they did or did not use aggression to handle a situation.
      What was the last thing you purchased for someone?
      How would you rate yourself on a scale from 1-5?
      Why do you think you are more qualified for this job compared to others that are applying for the position? Please be specific.
      Do you consider yourself to be an egotistical person?
      Would you prefer to be paid on an hourly basis or do you think that you would be better suited with performance-based wages?
      How do you handle team members who do not pull their own weight while on the job?
      In a meeting, do you ever consider it unnecessary to talk?
        View Answer