Stryker

3.4

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

Preliminary Phone Interview followed by Gallup Test then face-to-face interview.
    Generally a relaxed phone interview, with the interviewer trying to establish your character traits, where and how you would best fit in the company.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about work experience and character.

What are your strengths/Weaknesses?
      What has been your greatest achievement?
      How would your friends describe you?
      Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?
      What motivates you?
      What do you find most difficult?

Answer Question
    This is the preliminary phone interview and I was then asked to sit a Gallup test.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

The initial process was long. Started with several phone interview with the recruiter. The response time from each email sometimes takes as long as a month. If you are selected for further screening, you will be contacted by a 3rd party company called gallup to see if your traits fits what they are looking for. An onsite 5 hr interview comes next if you are selected and you will be interviewed by several managers and engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Several situational questions on how you would handle a situation and the process.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Stryker in May 2011.

Initial screening phone interview - comprising of personality questions (Gallup I think). Lasted about 10 minutes
    Asked to come in for face-to-face: two interviews, one with HR (more and often the same personality questions) and one with my boss (previous experience, skills base etc)
    Finally a Gallup phone interview (personality profiling)

Interview Questions
    • When you are angry, do people know what you are angry about?   View Answer
    • A place for everything or everything in its place?   Answer Question

Endoscopic Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Stryker.

Very laid back interview process. First contact was via email, stating a position opened up. Set up face-to-face interview. Face to face was pretty laid back, but they really want people who have team-building skills, multi-tasking abilities, and a great positive personality. Next step is the Gallup phone interview. Just be yourself. BIGGEST TIP- Be prepared to answer all questions in S.T.A.R. format (Situation, Task needed, Action Taken, Result of the Action). Smile through the phone, and remember that this is a position for team players i.e. serving, sports, leadership, fraternity/sorority etc!

Did not negotiate.

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I talked to a recruiter at the job fair at my university and was contacted for an on campus interview.
    The on-campus interview was purely personality and behavioral with two interviewers. The first interviewer, who happened to be the recruiter that I spoke with, asked behavioral questions such as giving specific examples of when I displayed certain qualities. The second interviewer then asked my a series of rapid fire "yes" or "no" personality questions.
    I was contacted two weeks after the interview, inviting me for a second interview. This was a phone interview with a third party company called Gallup. I found this one to be harder because it was almost an hour of asking about personality and giving specific examples.
    I was just contacted for an on-site interview about a month after I completed the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked if you portray Type A traits like leadership, not being afraid to stand against the popular opinion, keeping busy, etc. What makes it challenging is that every question is followed by being asked to give a specific example of when you demonstrated the trait. MY mind was going blank because I was so nervous.   Answer Question

Distribution Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stryker in December 2014.

The interview went really well. It was set up by Bradley Morris and I had good information about Stryker going into the interview along with information about my interviewer. I was asked basic interview type questions. For example, tell me a little about yourself and walk me through your resume. Most of the questions I was asked dealt with I handle conflict and resolve issues with customers. My interviewer was very personable and easy going and made the interview seem more like a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with customers when you cannot meet their demands?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was three interviews long. You can do trauma or recon. You work about the same amount of hours but with recon you don't have to be on call. You have to take a test and if you don't pass you won't get invited to the third interview.

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Only went through initial round. Recruiter was very nice and asked basic questions. Simple behavioral interview. I felt like it went really well but I didnt' get an offer becasue I applied too late.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather learn a lot about a little or a little about a lot?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Employee I know gave me resume to recruiter, Initial phone interview with recruiter about 15 minutes. Pretty basic, get to know you/why want to work here/some gallup questions (eg. on a scale of 1-10 how organized are you). Then had gallup interview a week later over phone, about 30 minutes even though said it would take an hour. Asked for follow up on about 80% of questions (eg. do you handle conflict well? Give situation where you did). Next step was on-site interview a few weeks later

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I applied through my school for an internship. I was invited for a face to face interview, but haven't heard back yet. I believe some people have gotten a no already but I haven't heard anything, so I'm not sure how it went. The face to face interview consisted of a couple of technical questions (regarding my own expertise), but was mostly filled with a lot of quick personality questions.