Stryker

Updated 12 Nov 2014

3.4

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was three interviews long. You can do trauma or recon. You work about the same amount of hours but with recon you don't have to be on call. You have to take a test and if you don't pass you won't get invited to the third interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Some of the interview questions they asked me were so off the wall stupid that it made me not want to work for them! They did ask some situational questions that pertained to the position. What motivates you? How do you feel about working a commissioned position? What career accomplishment are you most proud of?

Interview Questions
    • What would you rather sell a john deer tractor or a Mercedes?
      Give me one word that described you as a child?
      What kind of animal would you be?
      What activities were you involved with in high school?
      What was your accomplishment in high school?
        Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

The gallup profile can be difficult; off the wall type questions; need a lot of examples of how you have performed in the past; this is where they check your moral compass

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you had to break through a bottlenect   Answer Question
    commission only-quota based on previous results in territory

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

Was contacted through recruiter and sent several emails back and forth regarding the position. Secured in person interview with hiring manager (did not have phone interview). Very standard F2F interview, fairly casual, short in time frame ~25min. I found it to be generally low pressure and not intimidating. Interview was located in a hotel lobby.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you converted/ flipped a doctor from one product to another?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Phone interview. Followed by 2nd phone interview with Gallop (50 min rapid fire question and answer). Face to face interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was contrarian and difficult, but post-hire informed me that he knew he was going to hire me right away. In-house interview with V P of sales and other internal management.

Interview Questions
    • Gallop Interview is fast paced...be prepared!   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

Facetime interview after HR phone interview. HR interview was very straight to the point only asking minimal questions about work history. Facetime was with sales manager and more intense asking questions about sales history, rankings, and other questions on what you can bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • Weird questions though like name three people you would bring to dinner with you and why. Other questions were the normal like tell me your strengths and what would people say negative about you that isn't true.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in September 2013.

I first contacted the sales recruiter for my district. After they were quick to contact me back, we exchange e-mails and phones calls. First process was the Gallup phone interview, a character analysis and then a ride alone interview with the manager for the district.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the whole process was the whole Gallup interview process. This was a very difficult and taxing interview, much more complicated than you would think.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in January 2013.

I applied online and was called by their recruiter and did a 20 minute phone interview. She said they were setting up in person interviews in a couple weeks and she thought I would make it. I followed up a couple times and got the interview. I interviewed with the regional mgr and his colleague. I didn't feel I did great and ended up not being asked to move on.

Interview Questions
    • What was the first time you ever persuaded somebody to do something?   Answer Question

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Let me begin by stating I was at US Cellular and Stryker was just beginning to realize that true talent came in many forms. I'm not sure what you would call mine but I've heard a good closer. Came natural since my Mom was overprotective.

Interview Questions
    • It is after the initial interview where they measure your passion and enthusiasm... Its called the SR1 test (basically ur 2nd interview) All you need to do is answer the q's the way you would if you were on your A game in a perfect world where the Alpha always won. I faked it but quickly became it when I started and if you have the ability to adapt you can to.... BTW- My sales manager was the best thing that happened to me in my LIFE. It is that awesome of a life experience... Thanks JG, Love you like a father. Peace   View Answer
    • Listen.... life is short so don't over analyze a interview or you walk in looking like you just saw a ghost. We all had mothers who put us in time out or worse... its just 2 people talking. The more natural and honest you act coupled w/ passion and enthusiasm the better your chances.... peace.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate..... I was on a pay phone when I got the call driving to a OU/OSU game and fell down on the ice twice jumping up and down like I won the lottery.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stryker in October 2012.

Contacted by an internal recruiter who put me in touch with the local territory manager. Recruiter was extremely cordial and said that OR experience wouldn't be necessary for the current opening. Had lunch with the local TM, went well, and then nothing.