Subway

Average Difficulty
338 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sandwich Artist

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details Answered Ad in local paper for sandwich artists. They asked for handwritten cover letter - interesting! Obviously need to write and spell correctly to work there, which is good now I know what it is like to work there and try to read other's appalling handwriting!!!

Interview Question – a customer return and says they were short-changed $2.15, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation possible. take it or leave it.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in January 2013.

Interview Details this time round i was asked to put a shirt on and make a foot long ham sub with all salads and pretty much had the job

Surfers Paradise

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Subway in November 2011.

Interview Details I had experience so I applied and they called me and without meeting the manager sent me in for a 2 hour test run

Interview Question – I was in a different country at the time so they asked when my visa expires   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in February 2011.

Interview Details manager came and saw my resume . she adked question regarding customer service and checked my english skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – make sure about pay roll scale and working hours.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was very easy. I was called in for an interview the day after I applied. I was asked very basic questions about myself and my work experience including "What would former employers say about you?" and "What are your goals in life?"

Interview Question – Not applicable. The questions were very easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was offered a rate based on experience.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway in March 2012.

Interview Details Seemed very stale and scripted. It didn't seem that they really had a lot of interviewing experience and were looking for anyone who had experience. I assumed this meant that they didn't want to train anyone. They were most interested in my availability and when I could start. While I was there they made me wait as the DM kept helping customers.

Interview Question – They asked me to smile and say welcome to subway, didn't anticipate the audition aspect of this.

They had a list of questions and read directly from the paper.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was very disappointing and not far above minimum wage

Sandwich Artist

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details It was simple and straight forward. This was my first job and was a great one to start while still in high school. There were only a few questions asked and the responsibilities were explained.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details I applied online but still send a cover letter to the store, and got a phony call the next day asking to be interviewed. I said yes. The manager was very nice and welcoming. The interview was easy and asked general questions, but it felt like they really wanted to know about the real you. Interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Sandwich Artist
Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and was called a week or two later to come into an interview the next day. I arrived and was taken into the back area for the staff. Questions were general interview questions such as 'What do you know about the company' (mention its a green company) 'How do you define customer service' etc. The interviewer did say i would receive a call the next day or the day after however i didnt receive one.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness, Jobs you wouldnt like doing   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Subway in April 2014.

Interview Details I called to follow up an online application and the lady asked me to come in the next day. I did and the restaurant was busy so she asked me to sit until it wasn't. When she was finished with the customers, she came and sat down and start explaining what I would have to do, how much I would have to make, and asked me if I was ready. I was. And I started training the next week!

Interview Question – Are you sure you're ready to work?   Answer Question

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!