Subway Interview Questions

Updated 30 Oct 2014
Updated 30 Oct 2014

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway in September 2013.

One on one interview with pretty basic questions like what my availabilities were , what experience I have in customer service etc.It was a very easy interview and felt more like a discussion than an interview.After the interview I was told I had two weeks to decide if I want the job or not.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Subway.

Answered Ad in local paper for sandwich artists. They asked for handwritten cover letter - interesting! Obviously need to write and spell correctly to work there, which is good now I know what it is like to work there and try to read other's appalling handwriting!!!

Interview Questions
    • a customer return and says they were short-changed $2.15, what do you do?   View Answer
    no negotiation possible. take it or leave it.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway in January 2013.

this time round i was asked to put a shirt on and make a foot long ham sub with all salads and pretty much had the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surfers Paradise
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surfers Paradise

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Subway in November 2011.

I had experience so I applied and they called me and without meeting the manager sent me in for a 2 hour test run

Interview Questions
    • I was in a different country at the time so they asked when my visa expires   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway in February 2011.

manager came and saw my resume . she adked question regarding customer service and checked my english skills.

Interview Questions
    make sure about pay roll scale and working hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway in October 2010.

Applied online - sending resume
    Got a call within a week and was asked to come to a personal interview. Pretty standard questions. The interviewer gave me some paper/information about Subway products and services and asked me to come to a group interview the next day.
    Group interview: there were around 10 people there.They gave us a test about Subway products. If you read the papers they gave u before the interview, you should be fine.
    The manager marked my paper on the spot and told me I got the job

Interview Questions
    • How do you arrange the drink bottles in the fridge?   View Answer
    Pretty standard. They asked for availability and some personal information.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Got a phone call the day after, interview was super easy, didnt ask much just told me more about the job. Was one on one with the manager. For other interviews sometimes the owner sat in. Was just asked about my availability.Had to do online courses before i could start.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked when i was available to work, my experience with customers and handling money. Asked about my previous job experience and what i did. They will hire almost anyone.   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway.

Applied online, didn't get any reply. Heard from a friend who works there that I should apply online too, so I printed the pdf that I had been emailed that contained all my application answers. Handed it to the owner and got an interview for 3 days later. Basically asked me my age, what school activities I am involved in, what my employee friend might say IF he were to ask them about me, and went through what paperwork I needed to fill out and more of the details of my duties, since I made it clear that I did extensive research on the general information and duties beforehand. It was very casual and laid back, nothing worth keeping yourself up at night worrying about. Doesn't seem to have any interest in contacting my references, either. They seemed confident with what I had put on my application and the answers I had to the few, few questions I was asked during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What might your references say about you?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that you are able to   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable with being in charge of yourself or do you need specific orders given from somebody above you to be able to complete a task?   View Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

I applied online. I received a phone call for an interview. The interview was very relaxed, they asked why I wanted to work their, about my prior work experience, and what else I brought to the table. Then I was on my merry way.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway.

The interview process was quite simple. I asked in store if they were hiring and they took down my information. I had a quick interview with the manager, who asked me of my food service experience. I was asked to start very soon thereafter.