Subway

Updated 1 Mar 2015
Updated 1 Mar 2015

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

Ask about experience, asks about customer service, asks about if you know anyone who worked there, and they may give customer scenario questions. One on one process, done in store with manager. Very short and quick.

None

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway in September 2013.

One on one interview with pretty basic questions like what my availabilities were , what experience I have in customer service etc.It was a very easy interview and felt more like a discussion than an interview.After the interview I was told I had two weeks to decide if I want the job or not.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Subway.

Answered Ad in local paper for sandwich artists. They asked for handwritten cover letter - interesting! Obviously need to write and spell correctly to work there, which is good now I know what it is like to work there and try to read other's appalling handwriting!!!

Interview Questions
    • a customer return and says they were short-changed $2.15, what do you do?   View Answer
    no negotiation possible. take it or leave it.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway in January 2013.

this time round i was asked to put a shirt on and make a foot long ham sub with all salads and pretty much had the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surfers Paradise
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surfers Paradise

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Subway in November 2011.

I had experience so I applied and they called me and without meeting the manager sent me in for a 2 hour test run

Interview Questions
    • I was in a different country at the time so they asked when my visa expires   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway in February 2011.

manager came and saw my resume . she adked question regarding customer service and checked my english skills.

Interview Questions
    make sure about pay roll scale and working hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway in October 2010.

Applied online - sending resume
    Got a call within a week and was asked to come to a personal interview. Pretty standard questions. The interviewer gave me some paper/information about Subway products and services and asked me to come to a group interview the next day.
    Group interview: there were around 10 people there.They gave us a test about Subway products. If you read the papers they gave u before the interview, you should be fine.
    The manager marked my paper on the spot and told me I got the job

Interview Questions
    • How do you arrange the drink bottles in the fridge?   View Answer
    Pretty standard. They asked for availability and some personal information.

Sandwich Artist Interview

The interview process was really simple. I showed up and the owner of the store asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work there - you know, basic behavioural questions. He brought up the online personality quiz that they use to screen for applicants and apparently I scored very high in all aspects. Afterwards the owner talked about what he wants in an employee, what my basic duties were going to be, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?
      What would you do if you got an offer somewhere else?

Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

They will ask you your experience. It you have the requested experience or can make it up or have a degree they will hire you. The interview is more of a formality to just see what you look or act like. There's no real questioning or process.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway.

It was very quick and easy. The manager calls to set up an interview if they think you're a potential match for what they're looking for. The interview process doesn't last more than 45 minutes, and that's when you are offered the job and stay to fill out paperwork. It's probably closer to 10 or 15 if you're not hired on site. Just because you aren't offered the position immediately doesn't mean you're out; sometimes the manager just has more people to interview before making a final decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a conversation with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You start at the bottom and work your way up through the pay scale by completing Subway University courses online and completing timed tests for sandwich making.