Subway Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway in September 2013.

One on one interview with pretty basic questions like what my availabilities were , what experience I have in customer service etc.It was a very easy interview and felt more like a discussion than an interview.After the interview I was told I had two weeks to decide if I want the job or not.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Subway.

Answered Ad in local paper for sandwich artists. They asked for handwritten cover letter - interesting! Obviously need to write and spell correctly to work there, which is good now I know what it is like to work there and try to read other's appalling handwriting!!!

Interview Questions
    • a customer return and says they were short-changed $2.15, what do you do?   View Answer
    no negotiation possible. take it or leave it.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway in January 2013.

this time round i was asked to put a shirt on and make a foot long ham sub with all salads and pretty much had the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surfers Paradise
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surfers Paradise

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Subway in November 2011.

I had experience so I applied and they called me and without meeting the manager sent me in for a 2 hour test run

Interview Questions
    • I was in a different country at the time so they asked when my visa expires   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway in February 2011.

manager came and saw my resume . she adked question regarding customer service and checked my english skills.

Interview Questions
    make sure about pay roll scale and working hours.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway.

The interview process was quite simple. I asked in store if they were hiring and they took down my information. I had a quick interview with the manager, who asked me of my food service experience. I was asked to start very soon thereafter.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway.

Manager called me in for interview, asked me some questions about my skills and resume and if I could handle cash, generally quite straightforward. Asked about availability and talked about the general schedule plan.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer who spilled hot coffee on themselves?   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway in October 2014.

The interview was very short. The employer was willing to hire me because I had prior experience working at restaurants. The main thing that you need to make sure to mention is your willingness to work at Subway and your interest in general in working there. Do not be shy, mention why you want to work at Subway.

Interview Questions
    • It seemed to hurt the interview a little because I have never worked at Subway before.   Answer Question

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Subway in October 2014.

I applied online and the process took 6 days, I was sent an email 2 days after I applied with an interview date. The interview was in a group so it was very easy and only contained a few questions. I was called the next day offering me a job.

Sanwich Artist Interview

I applied here back in 2012, so my information may not be relevant now that they economy is better. I am only filling this out to have access to Glassdoor since I am a student without employment history. When I interviewed, they were doing a mass-interviewing session at a mall and were interviewing over 30 people for 3-4 positions. The questions were pretty typical ("Why Subway? Who are you/What is your background?", etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all pretty typical of what you would expect for a minimum wage job.   Answer Question