Subway

Getting the Interview

295 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details Answered Ad in local paper for sandwich artists. They asked for handwritten cover letter - interesting! Obviously need to write and spell correctly to work there, which is good now I know what it is like to work there and try to read other's appalling handwriting!!!

Interview Question – a customer return and says they were short-changed $2.15, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation possible. take it or leave it.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in January 2013.

Interview Details this time round i was asked to put a shirt on and make a foot long ham sub with all salads and pretty much had the job

Sandwich Artist
Surfers Paradise

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Subway in November 2011.

Interview Details I had experience so I applied and they called me and without meeting the manager sent me in for a 2 hour test run

Interview Question – I was in a different country at the time so they asked when my visa expires   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sandwich Artist
Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in February 2011.

Interview Details manager came and saw my resume . she adked question regarding customer service and checked my english skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – make sure about pay roll scale and working hours.

Subway Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Subway in July 2013.

Interview Details Applied online. I didn't hear from them so I went into the store I applied to and I was lucky enough that the regional manager happened to be there by chance in which he then looked at my resume that I submitted over a week ago online. He gave assigned me a second interview the following week at there main offices. They asked me a couple questions and they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Are you trustworthy?   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details really was no interview Angie put the word out that she was hiring

Interview Question – would I work weekends   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details Very easy and relaxing interview. Was overdressed for the interview. Word of advice, don't come to interview in a pant suit, a simple slacks and teeshirt may be nice. I was hired on the spot. Started training the next day. Fyi: they will ask your schedule and go over company policy and tour of store as part of the process.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Franchise Owner Interview

Clarion, PA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in March 2010.

Interview Details No interview just a meeting

Interview Question – Where will you get the money   View Answer

Franchise Owner Interview

Clarion, PA (US)

Interview Details No interview needed. Must come up with the money for the franchise.

Interview Question – Where will you get the money   View Answer

Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Subway in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied through the Subway Careers website for positions in a few local stores, got a phone call a few weeks later. My interviewers arranged to meet at a local restaurant but gave poor directions and was not organised.

During the interview, my interviewers were both thoroughly unprofessional and, while what they said was fine, their attitude and wording in places left me stunned. I am not allowed to quote what they said on Glassdoor but it contained multiple profanities aimed at previous/current workers at the store.

Ignoring the unprofessional attitude that had already put me off of the role, the interview questions were all fairly basic. There was a huge focus on my previous roles and my career to date, with some questions that were obviously targeted at gauging my suitability to the role. There was one basic numerical question.

Interview Question – How many hours do you think the store is open per week?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Subway

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Subway interview questions and advice. All 295 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Subway employees and interview candidates.