Subway

Average Difficulty
343 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sandwich Artist

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details Answered Ad in local paper for sandwich artists. They asked for handwritten cover letter - interesting! Obviously need to write and spell correctly to work there, which is good now I know what it is like to work there and try to read other's appalling handwriting!!!

Interview Question – a customer return and says they were short-changed $2.15, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation possible. take it or leave it.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in January 2013.

Interview Details this time round i was asked to put a shirt on and make a foot long ham sub with all salads and pretty much had the job

Surfers Paradise

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Subway in November 2011.

Interview Details I had experience so I applied and they called me and without meeting the manager sent me in for a 2 hour test run

Interview Question – I was in a different country at the time so they asked when my visa expires   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in February 2011.

Interview Details manager came and saw my resume . she adked question regarding customer service and checked my english skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – make sure about pay roll scale and working hours.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Subway Sandwich Artist
Fontana, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details Subway held open interviews at certain locations in which any one is welcomed to apply. First make sure that you have your printed subway application in hand, filled out, and ready to go. Always dress to impress, this applies to any job. You will be interviewed by either a store manager or the franchise owners themselves. i for one was interviewed by the owners. They were intimidating, but having confidence is key since you will need to be confident in fulfilling the customers orders and confronting them with every detail in their personalized sandwich. Not much advice can be given, the pay is at minimum and there are no benefits or discounts, they start you off with part time hours so you can slowly adjust to the environment and work. You do need to take some courses. Occasionally you can be sent to different locations as needed if the owners have more than one franchise.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult they were straight forward and very simple. Have knowledge of what you wrote on your resume as they will question you on those items.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Everett, WA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Subway in March 2010.

Interview Details The hiring was very simple. They only asked me if I was available any shifts and if I was Willing to work alone. And also what experience did I have supervising.

Interview Question – Would you give free food to a homeless person?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Management Interview

Management

Interviewed at Subway

Interview Details promoted from within. Was approached by upper management and asked if I would be interested in a promotion. I trained as assistant manager for a few weeks and then went to their management training classes. After completion of the classes you move on to a manager training store where you work for up to 8 weeks.

Interview Question – No questions as it is all about politics!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and they called me two days later. I went to the interview and she asked me a few questions about where I used to work and if I ever worked in food service. She asked what I would do if a customer started yelling, and complaining about their sandwich, then talked about what kind of hours I could work.

Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in January 2010.

Interview Details The process was very fast and easy. Applied online and got a call for an interview within a week. The manager was very friendly. Overall it was a good experience for a first job

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway in March 2012.

Interview Details Seemed very stale and scripted. It didn't seem that they really had a lot of interviewing experience and were looking for anyone who had experience. I assumed this meant that they didn't want to train anyone. They were most interested in my availability and when I could start. While I was there they made me wait as the DM kept helping customers.

Interview Question – They asked me to smile and say welcome to subway, didn't anticipate the audition aspect of this.

They had a list of questions and read directly from the paper.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was very disappointing and not far above minimum wage

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!