Subway

Updated 18 Nov 2014
Updated 18 Nov 2014

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway in September 2013.

One on one interview with pretty basic questions like what my availabilities were , what experience I have in customer service etc.It was a very easy interview and felt more like a discussion than an interview.After the interview I was told I had two weeks to decide if I want the job or not.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Subway.

Answered Ad in local paper for sandwich artists. They asked for handwritten cover letter - interesting! Obviously need to write and spell correctly to work there, which is good now I know what it is like to work there and try to read other's appalling handwriting!!!

Interview Questions
    • a customer return and says they were short-changed $2.15, what do you do?   View Answer
    no negotiation possible. take it or leave it.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway in January 2013.

this time round i was asked to put a shirt on and make a foot long ham sub with all salads and pretty much had the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surfers Paradise
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surfers Paradise

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Subway in November 2011.

I had experience so I applied and they called me and without meeting the manager sent me in for a 2 hour test run

Interview Questions
    • I was in a different country at the time so they asked when my visa expires   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway in February 2011.

manager came and saw my resume . she adked question regarding customer service and checked my english skills.

Interview Questions
    make sure about pay roll scale and working hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway in October 2010.

Applied online - sending resume
    Got a call within a week and was asked to come to a personal interview. Pretty standard questions. The interviewer gave me some paper/information about Subway products and services and asked me to come to a group interview the next day.
    Group interview: there were around 10 people there.They gave us a test about Subway products. If you read the papers they gave u before the interview, you should be fine.
    The manager marked my paper on the spot and told me I got the job

Interview Questions
    • How do you arrange the drink bottles in the fridge?   View Answer
    Pretty standard. They asked for availability and some personal information.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I dropped off the application and was given an interview call within about a week. After this time, I was called in to the local Subway to talk about my skills and past experience in food and retail. The interview was really easy and straightforward. It took about 30 minutes, after which I was called in 2 days later for my firs tshift.

Got another job.

Sandwich Artist Interview

They had me do a couple of practice sandwiches! I loved it! It was super fun and very fast paced. They even let me keep some of the tips! I felt like i was part of a team immediately

Interview Questions
    • How many sandwiches is to many sandwiches?

Answer.. there can never be enough sandwiches
        Answer Question

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

I applied online through the website, got a call about a week later for an interview and went in. The interview was about 10 minutes long, and I got a call a few hours later asking if I wanted to work part time for them. The interview was basic. Mostly just asked if I was ok with wearing my hair up, wearing gloves, cleaning, being left alone, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Why do you want to work at subway? what kind of hours did you work? etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sandwich Artist Interview

Got a phone call the day after, interview was super easy, didnt ask much just told me more about the job. Was one on one with the manager. For other interviews sometimes the owner sat in. Was just asked about my availability.Had to do online courses before i could start.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked when i was available to work, my experience with customers and handling money. Asked about my previous job experience and what i did. They will hire almost anyone.   Answer Question