SunGard Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard.

Interview

phone interview from the hr dept. if you pass that you move onto the manger
after two interview calls you are asked to do a 10-15 minute presentation.
then they will give another call back to see if youare still interested

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SunGard

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Very friendly staff. Pretty standard stuff. Resume questions, basic finance questions, and brainteasers. Had a group interview and each interviewer asked a brainteaser. Each interviewer was really nice and easy going. Make sure you know items on your resume and how they translate to you new job. My overall experience was great.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of basic finance questions and brainteasers aimed at analyzing your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

First round was a one on one behavioral interview that took about 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. I pretty much just had a pleasant conversation with my recruiter. Second round they sent me to the office in Houston (where I was applying). There were 3 interviews all of which lasted about 30 minutes. One behavioral, one technical, and one fit/ethics.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "Tell me how you would write a program that converts roman numerals into regular (arabic) digits." Not the most challenging question in the world but out of the ordinary considering that every other question was about databases.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

I had three interviews:
    First with a senior manager for general understanding of the role and my background.
    Second with the director, quick one in order to see whether I can fit in the team.
    Last with senior analyst: very long, assessing whether I have got the right skills for the role.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Interview

I was pushed in by a recruiter. Had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter first, and then had an 1:1 interview with one of the hiring managers. Work place is nice, a lot of empty desks, though. Was asked a lot of behaviour questions, but no "what's your long term/short term goal?". Then, took two quizes, one programming, one brain test. Overall, it took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What type of job you don't want to go to when you wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Interview

My interview was with a Senior Consultant. The interview was mainly behavior but they were looking for technical answers. Questions were fairly straight forward and about 5 questions total.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a problem and did not know the answer. How did you face the problem and what did you do creatively to find a solution?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SunGard in November 2009.

Interview

Sungard take you through several interviews with different employees. I had one with a senior consultant and the Head of Sales. They generally focused on motivational questions, going through the CV thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Sungard?   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SunGard in June 2008.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR and then with hiring manager. Once passed through those there was an in person interview and a presentation. People attended the presentation in person AND online using WebEx so be ready to do an online presentation at the same time you present in person.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase effectiveness of the consulting approach in this area?   1 Answer
    • How many gas stations are in your state?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very firm about vacation being limited to 3 weeks, and I gave in. Don't. After I was on board I found lots of people had negotiated more vacation. Salary negotiation was okay. Benefits are good, and being able to live multiple places is a real perk