SunGard

51 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Solution Architect Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details The interview was a good-cop/bad-cop two-man tag team approach. One interviewer was very friendly and open, the other was aggressive and spent the whole interview trying to trip me up. The interview itself had no coverage of influencing skills, soft skills, architecture skills, or sales skills. The entire process was a highly focused on a technical Q&A where the bad cop tried to break me.

Interview Question – Highly technical details of Fibre Channel over Ethernet and OSPF to the level that a subject matter expert would be expected to answer (i.e. not an architect).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to work for the bad cop. He gave me an extremely negative impression of the company. I also didn't want to work at their Heathrow offices part time (they are in the middle of nowhere).

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2013.

Interview Details I had three interviews:
First with a senior manager for general understanding of the role and my background.
Second with the director, quick one in order to see whether I can fit in the team.
Last with senior analyst: very long, assessing whether I have got the right skills for the role.

Interview Question – Quantitative question   View Answer

Intern Interview

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details Had 1 phone interview

Interview Question – Asked about experience   Answer Question

Software Analyst Summer Internship Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details Online test, telephone interview, two tests(mathematics, programming)

Interview Question – Summarize risks of a gambling company   View Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Applications Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details Interviewer asked me mainly about my previous job experience and projects that i have undetaken in the past. Also asked about some financial knowledge mainly about derivatives.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

SQL Server Developer Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

Interview Details They first called me in the last week of September '12 for first face to face round.
within a week they called me again for second f2f techno functional round, and the manager was looking very impressed with my profile.
Immediately after this discussion the Recruitment HR head had a discussion on notice period and compensation.
Very next day he asked for my sal slips and latest appraisal letter and told me that they are in process of rolling out me an offer.

I waited till mid of October '12 and then called him, and his answer was we are in process. And till the date I did not get any offer, even HR stopped picking my calls after sometime.

So, my question here is why the hell you call upon candidates just like that if you are not sure about your requirements or budget. If a candidate doesn't join a company after accepting offer, these companies used to blacklist them, so what kind of behaviour would this be considered ?

Interview Question – Interview questions were good and upto industry standards.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details Detail oriented interview.

Interview Question – Can't rememebr the most difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were willing to negotiate vacation.

Engineer-Product Development Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details 2 technical round + 1 HR round

Interview Question – I was interviewed for Java, J2EE. In depth object oriented concept is mandatory.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in February 2012.

Interview Details where do you see yourself in 5 years
why should we hire you?
name a few of your key achievements during your career?

Interview Question – give me an example of failure and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Technician Interview

I applied online and interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details Did interview with this company and I can sum it up with one word, "bizarre".
Arrive to the building with no reception, just buzz to let you in.

Meet the hiring manager, told me to wait in meeting room for 15mins.
In the middle of interview he keeps getting calls and talk on the phone and when I ask questions he gets really annoyed.
Really awkward experience

Anyway, decided within the first 5 min that I will definitely not working with this kind of people.

Interview Question – nothing difficult, just typical interview questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunGard