SunGard

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.9

Operations Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

It was just an HR phone screening and two weeks later a face to face interview. I met two Operations Specialist and they just asked basic technical questions and questions regarding past experiences. They then took me on a tour of the facility and data center itself, thoroughly explained everything the job and facility entailed of and did an excellent job answer all my questions.

At the end of the interview, the Ops Specialists seemed very eager and pleased with the interview and gave me the impression an offer would be coming my way. They said the HR rep would contact me with further actions to take (sign offer letter, drug test, background check, ect). And that's where everything ended. No word from anyone from HR. I email and call several times after and complete dud. This has given me a very negative view of this company and how they operate things. I took a lot of time and effort out of my job to come out and meet them and they weren't even courteous enough to send me a quick email or a call letting me know what was going on. Luckily I received a job offer else where a week after this interview.

Interview Questions
    • Ops Specialist: I've heard of SCSI but what is iSCSI?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

First round was a one on one behavioral interview that took about 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. I pretty much just had a pleasant conversation with my recruiter. Second round they sent me to the office in Houston (where I was applying). There were 3 interviews all of which lasted about 30 minutes. One behavioral, one technical, and one fit/ethics.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "Tell me how you would write a program that converts roman numerals into regular (arabic) digits." Not the most challenging question in the world but out of the ordinary considering that every other question was about databases.   Answer Question

Treasury Senior Financial Applications Analyst/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at SunGard in November 2013.

Applied online during the summer for two different positions (listed above).

Was first contacted a month or so later by a recruiter for the Implementation Consultant role. Was asked via email for about salary requirements. Replied to recruiter and didn't hear back. Followed up with recruiter via email and was told the HM was not responding to the recruiter.

A couple months passed and was contacted for the Sr Financial Application Analyst role in Calabasas. Spoke to a different recruiter for 5 minutes or so. He basically asked about employment history and why I was not currently working. Then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Learned that the role was very different from the description. Basically back office investment accounting and system maintenance for investment management firms whereas the description leaned more towards strict IT and development work. Anyway, the VP of the group was the hiring manager that I spoke to and learned that it was a flat organization. Before ended the call the HM stated that she'd like to bring me in to met a couple members of the team face to face.

There didn't seem to be any communication between HM and recruiter. Recruiter called to follow up and see if I were interested. Told him yes and that the HM said she would call him to schedule the next round.

A couple weeks pass so I follow up with the recruiter to see what is going on. No feedback or communication with this company since that instant.

Interview Questions
    • What is your salary requirement (asked before even knowing exactly what the role(s) entail?
      What is your salary history?
      Why have you left previous employers?
      Why are you interested in working here?
      What do you know about investment accounting?
      What do you know about general accounting?
      What do you know about the company?

Answer Question

Senior Engineer - Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SunGard.

4 rounds,
    1 round from Pune team,
    2 round from Onsite
    3 face to face, Manager
    4 round face to face, Sr manager same day as above (More of personality and attitude check)

No negotiations. Salary below standards,

Oracle Functional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SunGard in October 2013.

First call was with the HR for quick review on the experience and policies. 2nd round is face to face at PA office. Office is very good and awesome ambiance. I had lengthy interview with the Sr Functional Analyst. He questioned very detailed on resume and other func aspects. Overall, it is very much professional. I am waiting for the final round.

very well and fair !

Ambit Risk and Performance Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SunGard in July 2013.

Applied through university website. First round was a phone interview with HR, mainly about resume. Second round was also a phone interview with a senior consultant in the team. Basically go through the resume and a few probability and statistics questions. It seemed they really want to see how you address a problem and if you are able to articulate your thoughts because this is a client facing position.

Interview Questions
    • mainly based on your resume and a few probability and statistics questions   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SunGard.

The interview was a good-cop/bad-cop two-man tag team approach. One interviewer was very friendly and open, the other was aggressive and spent the whole interview trying to trip me up. The interview itself had no coverage of influencing skills, soft skills, architecture skills, or sales skills. The entire process was a highly focused on a technical Q&A where the bad cop tried to break me.

Interview Questions
    • Highly technical details of Fibre Channel over Ethernet and OSPF to the level that a subject matter expert would be expected to answer (i.e. not an architect).   Answer Question

I didn't want to work for the bad cop. He gave me an extremely negative impression of the company. I also didn't want to work at their Heathrow offices part time (they are in the middle of nowhere).

Intern Interview

Had 1 phone interview

Software Analyst Summer Internship Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at SunGard.

Online test, telephone interview, two tests(mathematics, programming)

Applications Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SunGard.

Interviewer asked me mainly about my previous job experience and projects that i have undetaken in the past. Also asked about some financial knowledge mainly about derivatives.