SunTrust

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Branch Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview Details Call from recruiter. Met with hiring manager. Waited 3 weeks to hear back. The 3 weeks was a bit long.

Negotiation Details – They did not budge when it came to salary. Grossly underpaid. Do not pay according to level of experience or based on sales.

Interviewed at SunTrust

Interview Details only interviewed with one person.

Interview Question – Coaching and training on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – met my offer.

Roanoke, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in March 2013.

Interview Details relatively smoothly four processes to gain employnent

Interview Question – Why did I leave former company and what do I have to offer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Branch Manager

I interviewed at SunTrust in March 2009.

Interview Details fairly quick

Interview Question – none i can think or pretty standard   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SunTrust in September 2011.

Interview Details Old fashioned process. Mangers still have a say on who is hired and can interview potential employees.

Interview Question – What would be the first thing you would do as the new branch manager.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy and low stress. Both recruiter and hiring manager made candidate very comfortable.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at SunTrust in May 2011.

Interview Details Inbterviewed with current area manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Quick and to the point

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SunTrust in April 2008.

Interview Details At first I had a phone interview, then after 1 week I had a fac eto face interview

Interview Question – Ho wmany people did you fire last year   Answer Question

Branch Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at SunTrust in November 2011.

Interview Details I was asked behavorial questions about my experience, and coaching skills. Right before I walked into my second interview a hiring freeze was implemented by their line of business manager.

Interview Question – What would you do if you observed an employee giving poor service?   View Answer

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in December 2011.

Interview Details Start with phone interview, then a 1:1 with HR after that meeting with 2 Area Managers.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about an employee that was not achieving her/his goals, How did you deal with her, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Suntrust is not competitive with banks in the area, lead to staff turnover.

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunTrust in August 2010.

Interview Details Very relaxed telephone interview. She looked over my resume and asked me to elaborate on my different positions with different companies. They expect to continue interviewing for the position for the next two weeks. Was asked one PAR question on handling difficult employees. She also asked for my salary requirements. She seemed pleased with a range.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at XYZ company?   View Answer
  • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   View Answer
Interviews for Top Jobs at SunTrust

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunTrust Branch Manager interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by SunTrust employees and interview candidates.