Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sur La Table
- Sales Associate (24)
- Assistant Manager (6)
- Kitchen Assistant (5)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (4)
- Sales (3)
- Assistant Store Manager (3)
- Store Manager (2)
- Seasonal Worker (2)
- Culinary Instructor (1)
- Payroll (1)
- Desktop Service Technician (1)
- Cashier/Sales Position (1)
- Web Content Related Job (1)
- Coffee Sales Associate (1)
- Assistant Resident Chef (1)
- Floor Lead (1)
- Advertising Coordinator (1)
- Web Designer (1)
- Assistant (1)
- IT Manager (1)
- Asst (1)
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks – interviewed at Sur La Table (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2013.
1 phone interview and than one face to face. Mostly questions on sales experience and customer service. No cooking required, no interest in cooking no prior experience with selling cookware
- Give example of customer service problem you solved Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Sur La Table (Pasadena, CA (US)) in May 2010.
Filled out the application online, as was instructed to do when I called to ask if they were hiring. Then, about 5 days later, I called the store to see if they had any information regarding my application, they said that I should just stop in and fill out the application in person as there is some "disconnect" between corporate and the online system and the locations.
Came in later that day to fill out the application. Left if there with the shift supervisor/temp. manager who said they would contact me in a week or so when the new manager was brought on.
Heard nothing for about a month until I got a voicemail asking me to come in and interview. Called back and was told that the manager was the only person working the floor and she'd have to call me back later to discuss scheduling an interview.
In the meantime, I had already been offered nearly full-time employment at another job, so I'm just trying to find out if I can work 1 or 2 days a week, in order to get the discount. Still waiting to get the callback from the manager....
- What have you been doing since you graduated? Answer Question