Sutherland Global Services

Updated Aug 26, 2014
131 interviews

2.7

Tax Software Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in August 2014.

As I type this I'm still waiting on a phone interview that was suppose to start at 1pm est, it is now 18 mins past that time. This company has pretty much strung me along for two months. Telling me I was qualified and they were offering me a position, moments later via email I was told I was not qualified. Cool, off to the next opportunity. Then two days later I'm told they want to me to apply for a different position, again cool. Told I'm qualified and would receive a call, never received a call, instead received an email stating I would not be offered a position. Then about three weeks later told to apply for the position of Tax Software Technician, which I foolishly did since I'm seriously looking for employment. Was told the same day I applied and recorded my answers to 9 questions that I was qualified and to be on the look out for an email from them(although this was sent via email). Received an email the next day told to select a time for a phone interview for the next day(which is today August 26, 2014). I selected my time of 1pm and now 22 minutes later they still have not called. I must say this was the final straw, although truth be told the run-a-round from before should have been. I'm not sure how "great" this company can be when they are not professional enough to follow up with people they claim they want to make a job offer to.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult and/or unexpected question was all of them, since I never got a chance to be asked or to answer.   Answer Question

Customer Support Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2010.

The interview process will have 5 rounds. The first one is writing about any topic given by the employer for one and half page then they will provide a sheet to test our grammatical skills then they will ask us to type to have average of 35 words per minute. Then they will give you a situation to solve it in a mail format if it is for an amazon customer support process. After that they will ask us to have Sutherland Behaviour Assessment Test.

Interview Questions
    • In the self behaviour assessment test some questions will be difficult to answer.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2010.

The hiring and interview process is actually good. They tell you right then and there if you're hired or not. They try to make the interview stress free for the applicant by making a few jokes here and there depending on the person who is interviewing you,

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Visakhapatnam (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2014.

The interview took place in DIET engineering college,anakapalli.The rounds were very simple.First round was JAM.All have to speak out on the same topic given.Vocabiulary plays a major role.If you are good at vocabulary it would be a cake walk.The major drawback was they took lot of time to conduct the second round.For me it took a day.The next day they have conducted a GD.Then there would be a Personal Interview round and the HR was really cool.Don't try to fake things.They will easily catch you.Be your self

Interview Questions

I studuied engineering to work for for a software company not for any random bpo

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2011.

Direct Walk-in. Initial telephonic round was to judge on communication. Free-flowing conversation ability was judged. Was asked to provide directions to interview from point A in the city to point B in the city.
    Second round was with HR as to job profile and kind of process am looking for.
    Technical online test was conducted, which was quite out-dated, since it was 2011 and they were asking questions on the amount of space present on a 3.4 inch floppy drive.
    A typing test. 25 Wpm was the target, got 35 wpm.
    The operations round (technical process) was telephonic, the interviewer asked me how I would troubleshoot an internet issue.
    I Started with standard probing about the exact cause of the issue, how long has it been occuring, what is the error message. etc.
    Educated about various reasons due to which internet may not work. Was easy and interviewer was quite keen on hiring. Asked about job responsibilities, work hours and chances of overtime pay.
    Interview was cagey about answering about client incentives, which is understandable.

Not much a possibility, They had pre-defined bands depending on your International BPO experience and last drawn salary.

Work At Home Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

I applied online and was sent an e-mail stating that they were interested in me completing a detailed profile. After completing the profile I was sent a link to take an additional assessment. This tested the suitability of my computer to support their system as per their computer requirements. After successfully passing that aspect it took me to another assessment that tested my ability to do calculations as well as most appropriate responses to different customer service questions. A few days later I received an email with a virtual interview. It prompted me to write down my answers to select questions while some would be random. When i was ready for the interview I received the call and replied yo questions asked. It gave the opportunity to rerecord answers if you weren't satisfied with the answer. A few days later I received a call with a job offer.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2012.

Update inforation in job portals. Usually more than one HR call for the same position. How ever say no if you are sure of the postion and the process you want to get into. The salary would vary in different process. There is a GD and then a technical round followed by a Personal round with the HR Manager. Be confident and be sure of the answers you give here. Then a psychomatric test and a typing test to finish it off.

Interview Questions
    • If you have any gap in you work and the reason to leave the last employment   View Answer
    Negotiate well, Ask for the right price for you skills, the company pays well for deserving candidates, if you are relocating for the work ask for the guest house and relocation charges.

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2014.

When you manage to first fill out an Application, there will be two separate assessment test. The first one is the Basic Personality you see on EVERY job Application. The second one, is timed, and the Questions are truly Endless. The purpose is to see how many right answers you can get in the time allotment. For me, when it was done, the recruiter called me 2 Hours later for an Overview of the Job and Screening of the applicant. This purpose I extremely appreciate, because they basically describe the job and pay before scheduling the Interview; this saves time & gas, just in case it's a position you're not interested in.
    After that - It's an interview with the Department Manager, and you're pretty much in from there if you pass a skills test (Which was a WPM Typing Test)

Interview Questions
    • If you can explain customer service to someone on the Streets, how would you do it?   View Answer

MIS Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2014.

It was walk in Interview with first round-Excel assessment test & Aptitude test.Excel assessment is about functions used in it .Aptitude mixed type mathematical,picture,etc..The test will be online in pc..

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cochin (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Cochin (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Hiring Process

Hiring is genuine and there are no scams
    Background verification not fully
    No off during season time in some process
    night shift majority of time
    Need to probe before you come with a fix with your final pay

Interview Process

Interview process is real simple
    Interview is pretty straight forward
    Not too many questions are asked during interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!