Sutherland Global Services Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.6

Interview

They begged me for months to interview. When I did, they wasted my time. They put you through an assessment that has nothing to do with the position they said was available. They asked for access to my computer which involved me changing settings but then did not provide information on how to undo the setting changes. They did not provide a contact phone number and basically ignored me when I asked questions. Turns out the position they told me I was applying for did not actually exist.

Interview Questions

• There was a lengthy assessment that seemed to focus on tech support, however I did not apply for a tech support position. They say the assessment was only 45 minutes, but it is really 2 hours. This was a red flag. If they are not willing to be honest about the assessment time, I can only imagine how dishonest they would be about other aspects of employment.   1 Answer

Business Controller Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for one job and phone screening done. That position was filled but screening notes were passed to Finance, which expressed an interest in my skill set for another position. Telephone interview was conducted by respective VP and AVP. Went fairly well (I hope) and face to face now scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work in matrix organization - how to deal with inevitable reporting conflicts?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Technical test was conducted before the interview...medium to tough difficulty level of questions covering valuation, M&A, etc...in the interview hte questions were based on concepts of finance, not too hard, some application based questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2015.

Interview

Application process included a tech check on your equipment and internet speed, personality assessment, IQ, basic English a few tech questions, and a typing test. After submitting this portion, you wait for an email that let's you know whether you can proceed with the virtual interview or they aren't interested.

Senior Customer Support Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

It consisted of three rounds. JAM, Personal Interview and Operations round. They were particularly looking for people with good fluency and confidence. Operations round was about 30 mins, asked various questions on the job profile and why I was interested and my strengths.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to shift your career stream? What is your interest in this particular field?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Chennai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

First we was asked to write the passages on a topic. If we clear that we were moved onto Online Apps with Chat Assessment. We were known with the results over the phone the next day and we attended the HR Interview and Typing Test. After we Clear the Test we were asked to take SBA Test and After Getting through it, we were asked to join for the position.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview

1) Online questionnaire ( behavioral and aptitude )
    2) HR round after few weeks ( technical questions)
    3) Interview with the Manager (20 - 30 mins)

offer was given on the spot. 15 mins orientation about the company with some management person.

Interview Questions

• What is a smart phone ?
      What is HDMI cable ?
      What is Set top box ?
      What is MAC Address ?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No they offer only one figure

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Hyderābād (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

it was a walkin the process took a day first round was jam it was quite easy after that a telephonic round this is the important round you have o clear this round for sure we nee to talk with a forigen person and next was the written test it consists of aptitude you can easily clear it and hr was easy

Interview Questions

• for voice process we will be having a written test which consists of aptitude reasoning   Answer Question

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Pointless, first and only question was what my income requirements were? I said based on my experience and credentials 75k + to start, and he did not ask any more questions but rather just read my resume and said that we would be in touch soon. That was six weeks ago. I just learned they don't pay anything north of 55k-60k. No wonder the guy was so eager ti get rid of me.

ADP SBS District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview

They will hire anyone that can have a conversation. They will tell you what the top ppl make but never tell you that the program is set up so that only 4 ppl can be in that Top Bucket, and you won't move up unless ppl ahead of you quit or die.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They can give a higher salary than they are telling you (+2k). You can also negotiate a guarantee on commissions for the first 6 mos.