Symantec

3.1

Incident Responder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec in December 2014.

The interview process for this company was very odd and very long. Between the time I submitted an expressions of interest and was finally contacted by the company was 2 months. After I was then contacted there was about another month and a half before (I think) the process finished. In the end the company didn't really get back to me on successfully getting, or not getting, the job.

The overall interview process was pretty simple, submit a CV, get a few screening calls from HR, then meet face to face, followed by more calls from HR. Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed in the overall process, at no stage did anyone I was interviewed by have any technical skills to actually challenge me on the technical ability I put in my CV. This was slightly worrying as the role I was applying for was very technical focused.

In the end due to the amount of time the overall process took and the concern I had about going into a team I stopped chasing HR for a response. In the end I didn't hear back from HR once I stop chasing them for updates on the role.

From what I did see within the Symantec business it looked like they had some great people, however I think their recruitment process is pretty poor and let's them down from having brillent people work for them. My experience reflected a similar experience from a fellow peer in the same field that also applied to Symantec at roughly the same time.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty simple business focused questions, the interview was not technical so the questions were based around previous general experience.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

a bit grill on personality - how to handle test and work - technical test is ok not too difficult the whole process does not take long - 2 interviews - one for group interviews for techie and last interview with manager

not able to negotiate

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Typically a HR interview followed by up to 3 Face to Face Interviews with Hiring Manager and other key stakeholders. Behavioral based interview asking for relevant experience and how you exhibit the traits of the key qualities and requirements for the role. Previous performance also held in high regard.

Interview Questions
    • List the top 5 traits of a stand-out sales performer and how do you exhibit those traits? Why? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symantec in December 2011.

The overall hiring process was great. The HR representative made me feel welcome during the interview which made the interview less stressful. Additionally, the interview with the hiring manager was great fun. It didn't feel like an interview but more like a couple of friends discussing work. The final phase of the interview was a technical interview with a current employee. Once again it was a relaxed atmosphere which allowed me to show my full potential

Director, Marketing Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Symantec.

Symantec's process was long and convoluted. Three months with many starts and stops. Strong words of encouragement followed by silence. Quite a frustrating process that was not at all streamlined. The hiring managers were also not receptive to questions about the team and job. I found that odd.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers had different angles. One person was all about psychology another focuses solely on process.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec.

It was a 2 hour interview. They asked about basics of Quality Assurance and problems related to it. They gave a real life scenario and asked me how I would test the surroundings in that scenario. They asked me to test the room lights using various scenarios.

Technical Support Analyst - French Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in January 2015.

3 hours interview with / no technical test was required

Most of the questions were related to my previous experience and how it would apply with the new role.

I was surprised not to undergo a technical test, although one of the interviewer asked me few examples on how to perform Certificate installations in different environments.

I got a screening call from the recruiter and was invited for an on site interview to be held in 2 weeks time.

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and one of his team mates.

It was an interesting experience after-all, but yes, no job offer.

But I definitely recommend this company, and will try again.

Interview Questions
    • How do I install a SSL cerificate in an Apache web server   View Answer
    • What do I know about nginx environment   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec.

1) telephonic which is easy. there are very less c++ ,c questions
    2) face to face technical. there are very less c++ ,c questions
    3) Managerial round. ask for managerial questions
    4) HR round. nothing much it just take 5 min to complete

nothing

Sales Manager Interview

You have to hunt for the jobs - they are posted, but not easy to find. If your manager isn't clear you're looking you get almost no help. The Talent Acquistion team are mostly contractors, so theres a chance you will speak to multiple people int he process before ever getting to hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • None - it was very standard. Focused on how you get others to sell more.   Answer Question
    Minimal wiggle room unless the location is hard to find talent for or the jobs been open a long time.

Intern - Hourly Interview

It was a phone interview. I could not hear the first couple questions clearly due to connection issues. Questions are mostly testing on my understanding of basic concepts such as do you prefer C++ or Java, or how do you do unit testing on a reverse string function. The coding part was to find the maximum number of appearances of a character in a string. Was asked to provide a couple test cases as well. My interviewer was a nice and patient guy. . I got the on site interview almost 2 weeks later.