Symantec Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014

3.1

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Typically a HR interview followed by up to 3 Face to Face Interviews with Hiring Manager and other key stakeholders. Behavioral based interview asking for relevant experience and how you exhibit the traits of the key qualities and requirements for the role. Previous performance also held in high regard.

Interview Questions
    • List the top 5 traits of a stand-out sales performer and how do you exhibit those traits? Why? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symantec in December 2011.

The overall hiring process was great. The HR representative made me feel welcome during the interview which made the interview less stressful. Additionally, the interview with the hiring manager was great fun. It didn't feel like an interview but more like a couple of friends discussing work. The final phase of the interview was a technical interview with a current employee. Once again it was a relaxed atmosphere which allowed me to show my full potential

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Two in-person interviews and a technical skills test.

First interview was by the manager, and the second interview was by the entire technical support team.
    Technical skills test was designed to see your technical skills AND demonstrate how you might find solutions you don't have the answer to.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your greatest weakness in previous jobs, and how would you overcome it working in this current position?   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

I have applied through recruiter. Got call from HR and invited me for the written aptitude test and symantec office. Test consists of questions on python, Java, database, android and operating system and some security related. There were also 3 algorithms to write.

After Test, there 3 technical interviews which took almost 2 weeks. One from India and other two are from onsite. 4th was with Vice president.HR was done over telephone.

One should prepared well for negotiation. If you DON'T demand, then you WON'T get it.

QA Engineer Interview

There was 2 technical rounds and was pretty easy. First round was technical and it was easy i did well. And second round was About day to day work.

Encryption Software Engineer Interview

Was simple, was made to write code on phone interview for 45 minutes and 2 interviews on campus. Questions related to strings, arrays, queues. The whole process tooks about 3 weeks. Got the call from our career fair.

No Negotiation

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

2 interviews and a relatively easy process, with request for commitment and effort on taking the company to the next level. Local interview with local GM and region VP were the interviewers.

The company has a reputation for paying well, but realistic on target earning quota are crucial for a good salary!

SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

It was pretty much technical oriented. Since it was a Unix role to questions related to it were asked. 3 rounds of technical interview and 1 managerial and 1 HR round.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec in September 2014.

Recruiters asked to provide timelines for in-house interview and was not replying for 9 days. Looks like recruiters at Symantec are very busy. Finally after interview was scheduled, i had to wait between interviewers for 25 min first time, and 15 min second time. Didn't look like they are actually want me there at all.

Interview Questions
    • None unexpected. I asked question what do they like at Symantec, and no one could say even one positive thing - not about company, or work they do.   Answer Question

IT Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in September 2014.

6 rounds of interview,2 technical round over phone,1 technical through video conference,3 managerial round from managers offshore and onsite.after I got through all these levels I was given a tentative offer.Now my offer was refused suddenly because of the company's split up.I was jobless for a month