Symantec Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

Typically a HR interview followed by up to 3 Face to Face Interviews with Hiring Manager and other key stakeholders. Behavioral based interview asking for relevant experience and how you exhibit the traits of the key qualities and requirements for the role. Previous performance also held in high regard.

Interview Questions
    • List the top 5 traits of a stand-out sales performer and how do you exhibit those traits? Why? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in December 2011.

The overall hiring process was great. The HR representative made me feel welcome during the interview which made the interview less stressful. Additionally, the interview with the hiring manager was great fun. It didn't feel like an interview but more like a couple of friends discussing work. The final phase of the interview was a technical interview with a current employee. Once again it was a relaxed atmosphere which allowed me to show my full potential

Software Engineer Interview

Got shortlisted in there written test in campus, the test consist of mainly data-structures basics, algorithm, OS etc. and then 2 technical interview and 1 HR interview were conducted in Pune office.
    1st technical interview was on basic knowledge of algorithm, OS, data-structures and 2nd on projects and programming knowledge.

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

I got initial call from HR. My job profile meet their requirements exactly. There were 3 technical rounds. 1 was taken by someone from India office on phone. 2nd round from US team. 3rd round was technical programming round.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program which will read an excel file data and write it to xml file after doing some calculations.   Answer Question

Principal SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec.

Applied through a friend. There was 1 round of telephonic interview and 4 rounds of face to face. Interview process was smooth. Most of the questions were technical. Coding part were covered by engineers and scenarios by managers.

Interview Questions
    • Design and implement a parking lot. Test the parking lot.   Answer Question

Network Security Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec in June 2014.

2 different set of interviews. First, was a phone interview with the SOC manager. 2-3 days later i received an email inviting me for an on-site interview. The interview was set up in 3 different ways: technical, critical thinking, and behavioral. The interview lasted for 3 hours with people coming in and out of the interview room.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an attacker, what are the different ways you would perform a DDoS attack?   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in October 2013.

It took totally 2 rounds. In the first round they asked the technical questions and i explained every thing what i know. In the second round they asked some analytical questions, but my answers are not as good as they expected

Interview Questions
    • They asked some logical question and answered but it is not as good answer to that question   View Answer

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Culver City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in July 2014.

A recruiter reached out to me regarding open position at Symantec. The recruiter worked quickly to set up 1 phone screenings and quickly move to an onsite interview. Everything was done in less than a week. Everything was pretty standard in terms of questioning. Coding exercises, data structure, algorithm, basic demonstrations and verbal descriptions of software solutions was chiefly the way to go. The team that I interviewed with was very supportive too. It was one of the quickest interview I ever had and the interviewer was easy to talk with

Interview Questions
    • asked if I liked to play games, and what games.. how would you develop + test it..   Answer Question
    no negotiation

No Interview

Hiring manager will call for an interview direly.mthen onsite with the manager and the team. The offer is very quick,and the people are very nice. But management are weak and unstable.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in January 2012.

Convoluted and time wasting, interviewer not completely familiar with role, did not know much about who manager would be, too many dispersion on capability - had to continually justify experience and background

Very open to negotiation

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!