Symantec Interview Questions

3.1

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

Typically a HR interview followed by up to 3 Face to Face Interviews with Hiring Manager and other key stakeholders. Behavioral based interview asking for relevant experience and how you exhibit the traits of the key qualities and requirements for the role. Previous performance also held in high regard.

Interview Questions
    • List the top 5 traits of a stand-out sales performer and how do you exhibit those traits? Why? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in December 2011.

The overall hiring process was great. The HR representative made me feel welcome during the interview which made the interview less stressful. Additionally, the interview with the hiring manager was great fun. It didn't feel like an interview but more like a couple of friends discussing work. The final phase of the interview was a technical interview with a current employee. Once again it was a relaxed atmosphere which allowed me to show my full potential

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

2 interviews and a relatively easy process, with request for commitment and effort on taking the company to the next level. Local interview with local GM and region VP were the interviewers.

The company has a reputation for paying well, but realistic on target earning quota are crucial for a good salary!

Encryption Software Engineer Interview

Was simple, was made to write code on phone interview for 45 minutes and 2 interviews on campus. Questions related to strings, arrays, queues. The whole process tooks about 3 weeks. Got the call from our career fair.

No Negotiation

Android Developer/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Symantec in August 2014.

Interview was for an android developers position, but they really didn't / don't want someone with android as a skill. They are looking for someone with good knowledge of data structures and C. Rest they will teach. Interview was conducted as
    1. Technical Test 2. White board test 3. Online Test

Interview Questions
    • 5 code snippets were asked apart from 25 MCQ's mainly on Data structures and 3 Subjective questions again on data structures   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Symantec in September 2014.

Recruiters asked to provide timelines for in-house interview and was not replying for 9 days. Looks like recruiters at Symantec are very busy. Finally after interview was scheduled, i had to wait between interviewers for 25 min first time, and 15 min second time. Didn't look like they are actually want me there at all.

Interview Questions
    • None unexpected. I asked question what do they like at Symantec, and no one could say even one positive thing - not about company, or work they do.   Answer Question

Configuration Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in July 2010.

You can expect a written test and two technical rounds mostly on unix sides questions,unix commands,perl and shell scripting experience with problem solving.followed with 1 HR round.
    Prepare good on unix basics and have some programming experience also.

Negotiate

Software Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Symantec in February 2014.

First interviewer asked general questions in my resume. Then he let me solve two programming problems. One is about linked list,but I cannot remember the detailed question now. It's quite easy. The other is about binary tree, to find the lowest common ancestor of two given nodes.

SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

It was pretty much technical oriented. Since it was a Unix role to questions related to it were asked. 3 rounds of technical interview and 1 managerial and 1 HR round.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Culver City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

I knew someone in the company, told them I was interested in a position after finishing college. A couple of weeks later I received a phone call from a recruiter who asked what kind of position I was looking for, and when I would want to start. I told them I was interested in a software development position, but didn't know any specifics about what was available. They set up an in-person interview with several departments in order to find out what best suited my abilities, which took about 3+ hours (one hour for each department.) Each interview started with a few questions about my experience and then moved on to questions about general concepts in the computer science. A couple of the interviewers also asked me specific problems that I worked out on the board in the room in front of them. If I didn't know a part of the way to solve a problem, they would explain that aspect.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: The interviewer for the general intern position asked me to write a simple algorithm for calculating where the hour and second hands should be on an analog clock, given a time. Wanted it to handle malformed times given as input.   Answer Question

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!