Symantec

Updated 15 Jan 2015
Updated 15 Jan 2015

3.1

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

a bit grill on personality - how to handle test and work - technical test is ok not too difficult the whole process does not take long - 2 interviews - one for group interviews for techie and last interview with manager

not able to negotiate

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Typically a HR interview followed by up to 3 Face to Face Interviews with Hiring Manager and other key stakeholders. Behavioral based interview asking for relevant experience and how you exhibit the traits of the key qualities and requirements for the role. Previous performance also held in high regard.

Interview Questions
    • List the top 5 traits of a stand-out sales performer and how do you exhibit those traits? Why? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symantec in December 2011.

The overall hiring process was great. The HR representative made me feel welcome during the interview which made the interview less stressful. Additionally, the interview with the hiring manager was great fun. It didn't feel like an interview but more like a couple of friends discussing work. The final phase of the interview was a technical interview with a current employee. Once again it was a relaxed atmosphere which allowed me to show my full potential

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec.

1) telephonic which is easy. there are very less c++ ,c questions
    2) face to face technical. there are very less c++ ,c questions
    3) Managerial round. ask for managerial questions
    4) HR round. nothing much it just take 5 min to complete

nothing

Sales Manager Interview

You have to hunt for the jobs - they are posted, but not easy to find. If your manager isn't clear you're looking you get almost no help. The Talent Acquistion team are mostly contractors, so theres a chance you will speak to multiple people int he process before ever getting to hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • None - it was very standard. Focused on how you get others to sell more.   Answer Question
    Minimal wiggle room unless the location is hard to find talent for or the jobs been open a long time.

Intern - Hourly Interview

It was a phone interview. I could not hear the first couple questions clearly due to connection issues. Questions are mostly testing on my understanding of basic concepts such as do you prefer C++ or Java, or how do you do unit testing on a reverse string function. The coding part was to find the maximum number of appearances of a character in a string. Was asked to provide a couple test cases as well. My interviewer was a nice and patient guy. . I got the on site interview almost 2 weeks later.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec in December 2014.

Coolest Interview process ever I had. 7 rounds of interview which includes assignment on MySQL as well. Screening questions done by Team leads and the three hours of technical round with IIT folks ranging across all platform and sectors. And then, quick assignment to be completed on MySQL Performance tuning areana and review meeting with Management teams.

Be prepared for long process and worth a try.

Selected Finally!!!

Interview Questions
    • Design a DB for Facebook to maintain the newsfeeds, bulk comments, photos and videos..   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate

Associate SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in December 2014.

Three rounds of interview happenned on first day.All Basic questions from JAVA,Web Service.Asked to write test cases for Debit card payment page.Next day managerial round asked about projects.Questions are mostly based on projects

Senior Business Process Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Symantec in December 2014.

I had three interviews the first was an internal Symantec Recruiter that found me on linkedin. Then I had two phone screen interviews by what would have been peers. The first two interviews were great, the third was a negative experience, so much that I don't think I will ever consider Symantec as a future employer.

Interview Questions
    • It was an easy interview, but the interviewer was biased against men, and dismissed my decade long experience of work in sales support, because 2004 she had just gotten out of school and any thing before 2004 couldn't possibly still be relevant.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Rotation Program Interview

After applying, was contacted about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes long. The person I talked to did not really know what he was doing and instead of asking me questions he were given, he ended up just asking me random questions about my background. He was extremely detailed and wanted to know every detail about my work experience and background, so know your resume inside and out! I was told by a recruiter that the interview was going to be very casual and they just wanted to get to know me but I was given a case study, which completely caught me off guard, especially since I was applying for an FA role not a consulting job. That kind of bombed it for me.

Nonetheless, the interviewer was extremely friendly and helped guide me through the case study.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult market sizing question based off of little to no information   Answer Question