Symantec

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

3.1

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

a bit grill on personality - how to handle test and work - technical test is ok not too difficult the whole process does not take long - 2 interviews - one for group interviews for techie and last interview with manager

not able to negotiate

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Typically a HR interview followed by up to 3 Face to Face Interviews with Hiring Manager and other key stakeholders. Behavioral based interview asking for relevant experience and how you exhibit the traits of the key qualities and requirements for the role. Previous performance also held in high regard.

Interview Questions
    • List the top 5 traits of a stand-out sales performer and how do you exhibit those traits? Why? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symantec in December 2011.

The overall hiring process was great. The HR representative made me feel welcome during the interview which made the interview less stressful. Additionally, the interview with the hiring manager was great fun. It didn't feel like an interview but more like a couple of friends discussing work. The final phase of the interview was a technical interview with a current employee. Once again it was a relaxed atmosphere which allowed me to show my full potential

Sales Manager Interview

You have to hunt for the jobs - they are posted, but not easy to find. If your manager isn't clear you're looking you get almost no help. The Talent Acquistion team are mostly contractors, so theres a chance you will speak to multiple people int he process before ever getting to hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • None - it was very standard. Focused on how you get others to sell more.   Answer Question
    Minimal wiggle room unless the location is hard to find talent for or the jobs been open a long time.

Intern - Hourly Interview

It was a phone interview. I could not hear the first couple questions clearly due to connection issues. Questions are mostly testing on my understanding of basic concepts such as do you prefer C++ or Java, or how do you do unit testing on a reverse string function. The coding part was to find the maximum number of appearances of a character in a string. Was asked to provide a couple test cases as well. My interviewer was a nice and patient guy. . I got the on site interview almost 2 weeks later.

Financial Analyst Rotation Program Interview

After applying, was contacted about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes long. The person I talked to did not really know what he was doing and instead of asking me questions he were given, he ended up just asking me random questions about my background. He was extremely detailed and wanted to know every detail about my work experience and background, so know your resume inside and out! I was told by a recruiter that the interview was going to be very casual and they just wanted to get to know me but I was given a case study, which completely caught me off guard, especially since I was applying for an FA role not a consulting job. That kind of bombed it for me.

Nonetheless, the interviewer was extremely friendly and helped guide me through the case study.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult market sizing question based off of little to no information   Answer Question

Senior Automation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Have applied through Linked-in, HR got back with telephonic Round, for Mobile Automation Testing, 1-2 testing questions were asked, all were core java and data structure OOPS concept, cleared, 2nd round of technical interview, again same OOPS and java concepts have to write code here only 1 question in terms of automation testing,
    3rd round technical again, same concepts of OOPS, JAVA , Data Structure, No question on Testing or Tools or Mobility Automation <-- Didn't really understood what they really require?

Interview Questions
    • basic questions, How would you install application on device, How would you automate Login scenario, explain Activity Class in android app, interface vs abstract, Reverse String, Anagrams etc..   Answer Question

Intern Interview

A phone interview of basic C++/C data structure questions including differences between algorithm run times, classes and structs, polymorphism, inheritance. The onsite interview included two interviews, 45 minutes each.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec in November 2014.

Apply in school job fair. Then receive a email to arrange an half day interview with 3 department managers. Each manager have interview for about 45 minutes. There was a 5 minutes break between each manager. After all interview, they arrange a lunch and campus tour to all the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer complain about the website feature, what will you do?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA (US)

Met a recruiter at my school's career fair. He sent me an email a few days later asking to schedule a 30-45 minute technical interview. I scheduled the interview for a few weeks after the email was sent-- all coding questions (3 or them): one on implementing a stack with template, one on trees, one about parenthesis checking (also stack). Coded in C++ on collabedit.

Moved on to on-site interview: mostly conceptual questions about polymorphism, classes, and data structures. Got phone call a few days later saying I made it through, and HR contacted me the following week. Took about 2 weeks to finalize offer.

Total time taken to finalize things after the initial phone interview: ~3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Question about malloc, free, realloc (more C like terms)   Answer Question
    Did no negotiate. First time applying for internships (inexperienced), offer was competitive.