T.G.I. Friday's

82 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2014.

Interview Details Upon receiving my resume I was invited to take an online assessment. I did not hear back so I followed up and was finally scheduled for a phone interview with HR - 11 days later. I was informed that I would be moving forward in the process with the district manager, but I did not hear back. I once again followed up and was finally scheduled to meet with a GM instead - this occurred 21 days after last contact. I was informed by the GM that I would be moving forward with the District Manager as originally intended. Once again there was no follow up - I tried contacting HR twice over the next 11 days until finally receiving a stock email letting me know they were moving in another direction. The entire process from beginning to end took 43 days.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly standard but interviews were very long - At least 90 minutes each and the GM was 20 minutes late to the second.   View Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details Easy process, and very painless interview. Application, aptitude test, the a series of mandatory questions. Followed by a lengthy conversation about career goals, and areas of opportunity to work on in the future. All of this while we ate food from the menu.

Interview Question – How will you deal with managing your former co-workers, and/or friends?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Busser TGI Fridays Interview

Busser TGI Fridays
Porter Ranch, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was really BS in y situation. I went in and they forgot about my interview. They ask simple questions why do you want to work here? Do you get along with others easily? How have u dealt with a customer before? The interview are very simple questions that you could answer without hesitation.

Interview Question – How have you dealt with an upset customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Westminster, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Server
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Interview Details Talked to bartender who told me they were hiring servers. I called the manager the next day and she told me that she would like to schedule an interview. The first interview consisted of basic questions such as schedule and experience, but it was very relaxed, it did not even feel like an interview. The second interview was with the general manager this interview was more typical asked questions like "What would would you do in a situation with an unhappy customer". Received a letter within a few days that I had been hired.

Interview Question – What would you do with an unhappy customer?   View Answer

Host Interview

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details My interview went amazing, they shows me the history of the restaurant at the same time as showing me different stuff around the restaurant that meant value to the company.`

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Server Bartender Interview

Corona, CA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2010.

Interview Details The manager at the time asked about all my past experience in that field. Did I know how to bartend flare, if I was willing to learn. I had to show how I make drinks. Discuss what is in certain drinks. How do I handle certain situations if customers have had to much to drink. Do I know when to cut people off. When to ask management for help with unruly customers.

Interview Question – How do I deal with gossip in the work place?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He really liked me and hired me on the spot

Server
Temecula, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2012.

Interview Details I waited for 20 minutes for the manager to approach me. When we finally sat down, he talked for 30 minutes. I couldn't understand anything he said except or "you're only working long hours?" Which he asked me 5+ times. Apparently he thought that since I had kids, I wouldn't be able to do this.

Interview Question – I couldn't understand the manager interviewing me because his accent was so thick.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is a serving job. There's no negotiation.

Waiter Interview

Waiter

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details Walked in, handed resume, asked if they were hiring... Was called back and set up for interview two days later

Interview Question – How have you dealt with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Very Easy Interview

Bartender Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was simple and very friendly. The store manager is a very approachable woman and very honest and no nonsense which is very appreciated. I was hired right on the spot and had to visit the securities office a few days later to complete the paperwork and security access forms.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Interviews for Top Jobs at T.G.I. Friday's

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T.G.I. Friday's interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews are posted anonymously by T.G.I. Friday's employees and interview candidates.