T.G.I. Friday's

Updated 14 Feb 2015
Updated 14 Feb 2015

2.3

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Applied online, they got back to me within 5 days. Scheduled an interview for the next week. Started off with the basic, 'So tell me about yourself'. Manager was very nice and seemed interested but couldn't offer me a job because they filled the position the day before but told me to keep in touch.
    Overall good experience.

Restaurant FOH Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Very simple, do some tests, then a personality test. If everything fits you get an offer. Everything was completed online so not much one on one time to make you nervous. Mostly just waiting for emails to arrive. The DO is very kind and knows what she is doing and looking for when it comes to managers.

Interview Questions
    • How to deliver the brand promise of in here its always Friday.   Answer Question
    Simple

Server/Waiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I had two interviews for the server position. One with the server manager, and one interview with the general manager/vice president. They asked me how I worked with others. There were two or three pages to fill out along with questions to answer from the employers.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were about behavioral issues dealing with tempers.   Answer Question
    When can you start?

Host/Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I initially applied online and the application wasn't that bad. It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me. My interview was around 3pm and last around 30 minutes. Once I got there, everyone was nice and they hiring manager sounded interested! Then... NOTHING. I called to follow up and they hung up on me. I probably won't be filling out another application any time soon.

Server Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in December 2014.

Filled out an application online was called two days later to come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview for a Saturday at 2pm. I got there at 1:50 and waited until 3:30 to be interviewed because the manager clearly has no idea how to actually manage things. He was on a conference call and some other guy interview me who had no idea what he was doing.

Bartender Interview

Last Thursday I had an interview for TGI's. I was really nervous but excited at the same time as I would love to work there. I was unsure of what to expect as the email I received said it was an audition and that I could bring props to stand out from the crowd. This is what was making me nervous because I did not have a clue what to bring. In the end I never took anything as I didn't want to stress over it. When I got there all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Once everyone arrived (group of around 10 people when it said there could be up to 30) went into a room were we played games having to introduce ourselves and loosen up a little. The next part was 'speed dating' were each of the workers had two minutes with you to ask questions on the homework they set us and random questions also. It was a lot of fun and a good laugh. Lastly the people who applied to be a bartender went into a room were we got the chance to make some cocktails but also keep a conversation going were a few of the workers would act to be a customer and you basically had to act as if it was real whilst making the cocktail. Don't worry one of the bartenders pointed out what to put in the cocktail whilst you were speaking. All in all it was a really fun interview, everyone had a laugh and they were all so nice! I hear back in the next few days if I have the job or not so fingers crossed!!

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Pretty simple. I applied in August, and received a call about a month later. They set up an interview. The manager just asked me to tell him about myself, and then proceeded to describe the details of the job and the work environment. He asked if I sounded interested, and then called later in the week to set up a second interview, where it was basically a meeting to fill out some paperwork that I had accepted the job, and to set up a training schedule. Overall, very very simple.

No negotiation.

Server and Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I applied for a position online in a local T.G.I's, two days later I received a phone call from one of the managers at the store, who asked me about my availability before inviting me in for OJE (on job experience) in which I would be shadowing a team member. The OJE was a few days later, I arrived and was instantly felt welcomed, even though I applied for a hostess position I shadowed an S.A (serving assistant) for a two hour shift, I then was sat down and interview by one of the managers who asked me a range of questions from 'what's your favourite chocolate bar' to 'where do you see yourself in five years'. I was then asked back for a second OJE in two days in which I was shadowing a host. After another two hour shift I was interviewed by a different manager who asked me very friendly questions, nothing too stressful. At the end of the interview I was then told to return in a few days for a final interview with the GM (general manager) which is the last step in the interview process. I had said interview a few days ago, all very friendly and welcoming, no questions that threw me off guard but they like it if you are able to strike up a conversation with them, I will hear back in a few days about whether or not I have got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know in particular about this branch of TGIs?"   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

I applied on Snagajob and received a call from a manager to come in for an interview. The firs interview went really well, and she said she'd call me later that day to schedule my second interview. She never called so I called back and the manager I spoke to this time scheduled my second one and told me what time to come and who to ask for. I came in for yo second and the guy didn't even know he was interviewing me and told me this was a "walk in" I then had a third interview where I was asked about my availability and past experience. I was told I'd get a call, but in haven't heard from them.