T. Rowe Price

Updated 9 Nov 2014

2.8

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD (US)

interviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2013.

I sent a resume to a friend who worked for the company, who passed it along to the head recruiter. About a month later I got a call to interview. I went to their office for an interview with a manager that lasted close to an hour. All the questions were behavioral based- very generic ones. Since I was one of the first people they interviewed, it took a little over two months for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you think you would be a fit for this particular position?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

There was an initial phone interview. I was then brought in for a second round interview and got a call back the next day with an offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Was supposed to interview with immediate supervisor, then hiring manager. The first was a 35-minute phone interview that went well. The second was supposed to be on-site, but the recruiter called three hours before and said not to bother coming in -- they'd talk to me by phone. Interview was very short and abrupt.

Interview Questions
    • Used their own internal lingo -- luckily I understood what they meant from the context.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Standard behavioral first interview, about thirty minutes. Brought me to their campus for two more thirty minute interviews, one more technical, the other more just for fit and personality. Starting salary is EH at best but a good starting point for further promotion

Interview Questions
    • "Why are you here and why is this job a good fit for you"?   Answer Question

Location, starting salary (better offer)

All Positions Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Behavorial style interview, be prepared to share specific/detailed stories

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you shared a opinion that was not popular   Answer Question

Doesnt pay as much as similar companies in the area

Transaction Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2013.

Received an almost immediate response to my resume submission. Recruiter set up a phone interview. Recruiter was late calling me at our set appointment time.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was mostly a regurgitation of my resume. A few questions about why I chose to apply for TRP and if I was being "choosy" in the companies I apply to. The most difficult question being the "behavior" questions..."tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Investment Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2013.

I attended an on-campus interview and am still waiting to hear regarding whether or not I have an offer. The interview was straightforward and was comprised of mostly behavioral questions, though I was asked a few basic mental math questions.

The head of the Investment Fellowship program interviewed, alongside a previous member of the Investment Fellowship. Overall their demeanor was great and I had no problem asking them my questions.

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2013.

Met recruiter at the career fair and gave resume. I then was told to apply online and recruiter was going to match the resumes she got at the career fair to the ones online. I got a call and went into their office the following week. The process consisted of 4 different interviewers each interviewing for a half hour and then switching. All behavioral questions were asked. "Tell me a time when..." It is now going on 5 weeks and never heard anything from the company.

Associate Interview

Campus recruiting, interviews at the company, and an offer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

The hiring started at my college. This lead to a phone interview. After a tour of the office and introduction PowerPoint presentation, you will probably interview with 2 employees: typically 2 supervisors. The interview primarily deals with behavioral style questions. They're looking for specific questions and detailed answers. "What was your thought process?" Interviews are about an hour long. They're looking for a good story teller. Also, be prepared to answer the "why you" in other words- why should we choose you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you: motivated a team, accomplished a goal, dealt with a complicated client issue.   View Answer
    Not a negotiating firm.