T. Rowe Price Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014
96 interviews

2.8

COSS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Owings Mills, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2013.

Applied online through a referral which apparently help ALOT. Got a call a few weeks later and was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. He then invited me for an interview on their campus. Got a basic "orientation" for what the company is and offers, and a brush up on what they were looking for. Then interviewed with 2 supervisors. It was 100% behavioral. Got a call a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical "tell me a time when..." questions. Probably was around 7-8 of them. Study up.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Associate Interview

Campus recruiting, interviews at the company, and an offer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

The hiring started at my college. This lead to a phone interview. After a tour of the office and introduction PowerPoint presentation, you will probably interview with 2 employees: typically 2 supervisors. The interview primarily deals with behavioral style questions. They're looking for specific questions and detailed answers. "What was your thought process?" Interviews are about an hour long. They're looking for a good story teller. Also, be prepared to answer the "why you" in other words- why should we choose you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you: motivated a team, accomplished a goal, dealt with a complicated client issue.   View Answer
    Not a negotiating firm.

Personal Services Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

T. Rowe Price hires internally for most of their positions. I started in the Retail Investment Services group and then was asked to apply for the Personal Services group (High Dollar Value). Interview process is pretty straight-forward behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when..." This department focuses on service excellence and sales, so the questions center around times that you provided particularly good service or when you were able to uncover an 'unstated need' AKA sales opportunity and help a client there.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Unfortunately, T. Rowe basically knows who they are going to promote before they interview. If interviewing externally, then be prepared for questions that ask about collaboration and cooperation. Be cautious of questions that seem to ask about times you did something without prompting or direction, because they don't want people who are TOO independent.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay structure is fixed and there is little (perhaps none) room for negotiation for non-exempt employees.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

All members of the team seemed easy going but also very interested in their work. Six separate members of the group served as interviewers.

Retirement Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Completed a phone interview first, then interviewed on-site with two managers. The questions were behavioral; nothing difficult but designed to see how well you will fit into the culture and what the company stands for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to do a role-play during the interview. It wasn't difficult, just unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Investment Operations Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Ther were two interviews after I submitted a resume and took a test.

Interview Questions
    They gave me what I wanted and then I found out I was working nights.

Investment Counselor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Initial screening was on the phone followed by several face to face interviews. The further you go in the process the better your chances. The interview questions were behavioral in nature (i.e. tell me a situation were you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome). Be prepared to go through your resume in detail. More importantly take some time to learn about the company and its business philosophy. This will definitely come up during the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was during the final interview I was asked to explain Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT). As luck would have it I had just an article the week prior that discussed MPT. I don't believe its a typical interview question, but totally unexpected.   Answer Question

Data & Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

This position can consist of 3-4 interviews. One with the recruiter, the hiring manager, their manager, & potentially the head of GIS. The questions are pretty standard as far as T. Rowe interviews go.

No negotiation. The offer was a good offer and I accepted.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2013.

After applying online, if they like your resume they will call you for a phone interview. After the phone interview, you will be given a couple dates/times to interview in person. You also must answer a questionnaire before a certain date.
    When you arrive for the interview, dress professionally and be prepared. They take you on a tour of the building, tell you about the company, and then are interview by 2 employees. The ask questions about difficult situations and want you to be specific.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question