TD Ameritrade

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2013.

Interview Details on-site interview with three officers. one by one. half hour for each. the first two people are professions, ask more about the projects on resume and how you familiar with some stat software, like SAS. the last one is HR, ask general questions. Like what is your plan in future, in one year and in five years.

Interview Question – the previous working experience, stat software   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in April 2013.

Interview Details After submitting a resume online, a lady called me and explained they were interested in getting to know more about me. She set up a time later in the week for the first interview, which was held over the phone. During the phone interview, she asked the basic questions like if you were in this situation you would do what types of questions. Then she asked my availability to make sure I would be able to work the hours they needed (20 hours/week). A few days later she called and said the first one went well so they wanted me to come in for a interview with the hiring manager. The second interview was a little intimidating since it was my first real interview. The hiring manager and another guy kept writing down notes and seemed to be unimpressed with anything I said. However, when we were done with the questions and we started talking we seemed to break the ice and lighten up a bit. When I left I didn't think I had done well enough to get the internship, but a few weeks later the lady who had interviewed me over the phone called to tell me I got the internship! The lady was always very friendly, however the two guys in the interview were rigid and not very approachable. They made it kind of uncomfortable, but I guess that's how an interview is going to be.

Interview Question – What are the core values of our company?   View Answer

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2011.

Interview Details There was a series of 6 interviews with the team that I was hoping to join, four of which were in person and the other two were over the phone since the managers were not able to be present that day. The interviews were mostly fit and psychological, rather than problem solving.

Interview Question – What was one time where you were a leader and failed?   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in August 2010.

Interview Details Applied online, received notification within 1 week. Set up phone interview that led to a personality test. Finally I was asked to interview 1:1.

Interview Questions

Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TD Ameritrade in June 2010.

Interview Details HR Rep called and set a phone interview. After the phone interview the Rep will send an email for you to complete an online personality test and perform a background check. if all goes well, rep then contacts you and sets up an in person interview and then another interview in which you interview in front of a panel.

Interview Question – What do you look for in a company?   Answer Question

Worked for TD Ameritrade? Contribute to the Community!