TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2014.

Thorough screening and interview process. It helped that they wanted to see me in person before submitting my resume to the client. It was easier to establish rapport that way instead of a cold impersonal phone call which seems to be the interview/screening norm these day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all. They were very clear from the beginning about the hourly rate and I didn't want to be picky since this was my first job after moving to the U.S

Associate Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2013.

4 rounds of interview
    Written Test--Aptitude+Testing related multiple choice questions+Deriving scenarios based on the screenshot+questions related to the Defect tracking
    2 Technical rounds--in which questions related to SQL and testing were asked
    HR round

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

first round was a written test with 4 sections , DI,Aptitude,verbal,programming .There were 60 questions to be solved in 60 mins.
    after it there was a G.D round then 2 technical interview followed by a HR interview.

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

They look for a true rounded individual that will not only do the work but for in their culture. This is why they want to know about you, your motivation, your drive in life that is why this is the best company to work for in the industry.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations just take it or leave it.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

Very prepared for interview process and account manager met with me prior to intervierview. planning, scheduling and preparation were all on target. Recruiter provided job description then submited resume to Account manager who in turn submitted to client. Client requested in person interview, followed up by onboarding interview after offering the position.

Interview Questions
    • Usually request experiences pertaining to position, "Tell me about..." or "Give a real life example....". This is only difficult if you do not hae the experience to back up your resume.   Answer Question
    Direct, we negotiated salary prior to interview based on going market rate and client contract.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

I was contacted only a day or two after applying for the position. The process consisted of phone and in person interviews. The questions seemed pretty basic, nothing too odd. Overall the process was fairly quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    I did not need to negotiate anything.

Contractor Interview

Always go through the motions of getting people into the system, but I never hear anything from them after that. I've dealt with them on and off for 15 years.

Many Different Positions In IT &/Or Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2014.

Everyone I talked to in the office, was nice. The consultant was nice, but after months of looking for a job, my information has been dropped & haven't had any calls from them.

Interview Questions
    • How well do I work with different areas of IT?   View Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

The corporate recruiters are very friendly and want to know mostly about your personal life. They do focus on your career and education, but seem very rigid and not flexible on understanding different types of backgrounds and job history. They seem to hate job hopping, but some industries, that is the norm and the TEK recruiters dont seem to understand that not everyone is the same and not every industry is the same. Some jobs it is bad to change, but every industry is different. I feel the recruiters are looking for a very particular type of person to be with their company. Not very open to all different types of qualified applicants, and this can be a negative thing for them and miss out on hiring a great recruiter for the company.

Be prepared as a recruiter to work very long hours sometimes, usually around 730am until 630 pm. Not the best career for a work life balance. I sort of felt like I was interviewing with robots though because they seem so cut and dry, its black or white. There is nothing in the middle or flexible with them.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward, not hard.   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

The hiring process for this recruiter is very murky and they will not be straightforward with you at any time. I feel that they took me for a ride. I had a phone screening then a face to face interview. I was very optimistic that I made an excellent impression. The feedback they gave me did not make any sense, in fact it was ruled out by their own job description and what I heard by the lead network engineer. Either it wasn't a real job and just got paid to bring in candidates or there was some discrimination involved.

Interview Questions

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!