TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

2.8

Software Tester Interview

Asked basic questions on the software development life cycle, different types of testing done, what I liked most most, what frustrated me and how I handled it, how would like rate myself on different tools, which database I knew, how do I go abut reviewing requirements, how do I write test cases, etc.

Interview Questions
    • On the contract interview, I ha to write several sql statements to prove I knew it.   Answer Question

Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in October 2014.

Initial phone interview, then group interview with two department managers. Recruiter and managers never indicated specific software requirement, only "preferred". Info on job requirements was different between recruiter and department managers.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, pretty standard for today's interview   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in October 2014.

I applied online and got a call from the regional recruiter for the West Coast. It was about 30 minutes and probably the dumbest interview I've ever had. The interview had nothing to do with how I performed in my previous jobs or about getting to me through actual facts. All it consisted of was the interviewer drilling me on questions about who I thought I was. If you're still peeing the bed and wearing velcro shoes but can lie and make yourself seem like Donald Trump himself then you're on to the next interview. Also they only want people that ride or die for the company, if you've got a parent in the company cleaning toilets in Japan than you're in. If you apply to this job and really want the job, make sure that you have a linkedin profile with a TEKsytems banner in the background because during the interview the recruiter looks up your linkedin and goes through it. Overall, pretty bad interview experience, the interviewer wasn't very nice either but looking back I'm pretty happy I didn't get caught up with this company considering they'll have you working 50+ hours a week for a 30K salary (less than 11.5/hr). Promotions take on average 2+ years too if you read all the other reviews. The main reason I was interested in this company because you learn helpful sales experience for a career in sales and you are able to meet a lot of recent college graduate boozers.

Interview Questions
    • What would your friends say is the most unique thing about you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

It was a part of campusing procedure. There was an apti round, a GD round, three technical interviews and one final HR interview, all in the same day. They looked for smartness in the candidates and their confidence. They asked basic questions on computer language proficiency. They also judged the candidate's instant thinking capabilities by asking random puzzles.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you have a chessboard. The knight can move 2.5 places. Derive an algorithm to determine whether the knight can move to every square of the chessboard within 64 moves.   Answer Question
    • Describe data structures, basic logic behind different sorting techniques.   Answer Question

Recruiter Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

I applied online and received a phone call within 2 weeks of applying. I had a phone interview the next day. A week later I received a call telling me that I had an in-person interview later that day and that they had forgotten to notify me. Following the interview, I tried to get in touch with the manager but never received a callback.

Interview Questions
    • What are your personal and professional goals for the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2014.

The Process was very quick and painless. You interview, then you do a half day job shadow and get interviewed by a panel of people, and from there I received the offer. They really just want to know who you are, and if you will fit into the company culture. They are very team oriented, and the employees push each other to do better.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you motivated by the things that "motivate you"?   Answer Question
    They are pretty set on their salary.. which is unfortunate because it is so low....

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

They look for a true rounded individual that will not only do the work but for in their culture. This is why they want to know about you, your motivation, your drive in life that is why this is the best company to work for in the industry.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations just take it or leave it.

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2014.

Thorough screening and interview process. It helped that they wanted to see me in person before submitting my resume to the client. It was easier to establish rapport that way instead of a cold impersonal phone call which seems to be the interview/screening norm these day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all. They were very clear from the beginning about the hourly rate and I didn't want to be picky since this was my first job after moving to the U.S

Contractor Interview

Always go through the motions of getting people into the system, but I never hear anything from them after that. I've dealt with them on and off for 15 years.

IT Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

The corporate recruiters are very friendly and want to know mostly about your personal life. They do focus on your career and education, but seem very rigid and not flexible on understanding different types of backgrounds and job history. They seem to hate job hopping, but some industries, that is the norm and the TEK recruiters dont seem to understand that not everyone is the same and not every industry is the same. Some jobs it is bad to change, but every industry is different. I feel the recruiters are looking for a very particular type of person to be with their company. Not very open to all different types of qualified applicants, and this can be a negative thing for them and miss out on hiring a great recruiter for the company.

Be prepared as a recruiter to work very long hours sometimes, usually around 730am until 630 pm. Not the best career for a work life balance. I sort of felt like I was interviewing with robots though because they seem so cut and dry, its black or white. There is nothing in the middle or flexible with them.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward, not hard.   View Answer