TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated 22 May 2015

2.8

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Inappropriate. Phone interview, online assessment, in person panel interview, half day at office. They seem nice and like a great company but the questions I was asked were a good bit too personal for a job interview especially with someone that would be your future boss. Was asked what my parents do, what my significant other did, how long we had been together, personal hardships, who else I was interviewing with... along with many other questions like that... Wish I had asked how these questions pertained to the job I was interviewing for...

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do?
      Tell me your life story...
      What does your significant other do?

Answer Question

Did not want to work in a place that conducted such unprofessional interviews.. Turn over rate is 35%

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. I flew all the way to Chicago to interview (paying with my own money). When I got there, the two senior recruiters I was supposed to meet with were not there and I ended up just having a conversation with two account executives who did not have much authority in the hiring process. I followed up twice and never heard back.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

After an employee recommendation, set up an interview within a week. Rescheduled (thankfully, because it appeared they had also scheduled for the wrong date anyway when they sent the cancellation). Telephone interview asked typical but almost antiquated questions. Felt very forced and condescending. From the start it felt like he/she wasn't interested in conducting the interview, so why bother setting one up? Very different feel from the employee who had made the recommendation. Sounded very young and slightly judgmental. My overall impression is that they are looking for someone to give their whole life to the company, and I'm sure my interview did nothing to suggest I was willing to do so. Interesting way of weeding people out. I'm sure it works for those who can make Teksystems their life.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, what I did to prepare for the interview, why I want a job in sales, most difficult job, most difficult thing in my life...   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

WORST INTERVIEW EVER! The process consisted of three steps: Phone Interview, In person interview, and finally a half-day in the office. The phone interview was very nice and professional. When I can in for the in person interview, things seemed to go well at first. However, half way through the interview, my interviewer asked me to describe some character flaws that I have struggled with in the past. They spent the majority of the interview ripping me apart and looking for different faults in my character. They asked very uncomfortable questions about personal life and came across as very unprofessional. They asked me to come in for a half day after the interview and I accepted in spite of my better instincts.

When I came in for the half day, other members of the management team grilled me about issues they assumed that I had. It was an overall negative experience in which the interviewers did everything possible to make other people around them feel small. Life is too short to work with people who treat others this way.

Interview Questions

• "I think people might have a hard time getting along with you. Why do you think that is?"   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Melville, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after posting my resume on my university alumni portal. The process was very quick and timely. It consisted of a phone screening, phone interview, in-person interview and a half day. At the end, they require two references before extending you an offer. They really want to get to know who you are so its a little bit more in-depth and personal than a typical interview. They also want to know that you are money driven and have a willingness to help people.

Interview Questions

• Focused on failures and successes in both college and high school. Asked about strengths and weaknesses of both yourself in your current job as well as your employer.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems (Birmingham, AL (US)).

Interview

They made the job sound ALOT better than it really was. Told me I would be working day shift in the interview process than at the very last second told me it was night work. They knew this all along but didn't want to disclose that up front. They lied to me about several other things as well. I don't think I will do any more business with them in the near future. The recruiters are not up front and honest. If you decide to work with this company... BEWARE!

Interview Questions

• The interview process was not that bad... just a bunch of lies.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Then moved on to a face to face with the Director of the office and an account manager. After that, they called my references. 2 hours later I received an offer. To the point and a very meaningful interview instead of asking the regular meaningless interview questions.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2015.

Interview

Nice and very friendly interview process, very different from other common questions, rather focus on your own self. People are very friendly and want to know about your self. A bit personal questions.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Falls Church, VA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my college job search. I was quickly contacted by a recruiter who was very friendly and personable, she told me about the position and really sold me. She then sent me the link to a personality test and past work history that took about two hours to complete. I was then contacted by a corporate recruiter with whom I set up my interview with for the following Friday. I traveled up to their headquarters Thursday night since I did not live in the area and was disappointed when I received a call at 9:30 pm the night before the interview because they had to cancel. We rescheduled for the following Friday and I returned and was interviewed by two people at the same time. The interview seemed like it went VERY well, I was very confident. I followed up with thank you emails to both of my interviewers and never heard from them again. Now 2 months later I am receiving calls from one of their recruiters who is trying to recruit me for an outside position, even though they did not even have the courtesy to send me an email saying I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an overview of your entire life from the time you were born.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Columbus, OH (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First it was a phone interview and then they followed up with an interview in person. The interview itself was extremely informal and the questions asked were meant to keep you talking. After the interview they did something I loved, which was to give you feedback on the interview and see how you react to that feedback.