TEKsystems

Getting the Interview

43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details The recruiter actually got a hold of me first and then took her two weeks to reply to my response. Then we set up a phone interview for a couple weeks in the future. After the phone interview, she wanted to set up a F2F interview and asked me to follow up. I followed up and no response. I emailed her twice over the next 2 months and called her 3 times. No response. I FINALLY got a hold of her and she had the nerve to tell me that they went with someone else...without telling me they actually didn't want to give me a 2nd interview like they said they did. Only reason she picked up the phone the last time is because I mentioned her actions to someone I knew working in the same company and he told her off for not getting back to me. I was EXTREMELY dissatisfied with the hiring process. Other recruiters are probably better at their jobs with TEKsystems but certainly not this one.

Interview Question – I really don't remember...it was THAT long ago.   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2014.

Interview Details Emailed with a list of questions to answer, phone interview, then in person interview.

Interview Question – How much do you expect to make with us after 5 years?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Face to Face interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations) and various Account Managers. After interview, you will meet with recruiter's in the "pit" or open area office.

Interview Question – When meeting with recruiters, have your guard up and act professional. The DBO will ask the office what they thought and their input is very important.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would negotiate. The base salary is not enough to live on, comfortably.

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details Not a typical interview process. The entire focus is on your personality and personal growth, not professional experience.

Interview Question – Are you motivated by money?   View Answer

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details Interview went very smooth and I was comfortable. He asked me basic questions about how I handle situations and who my biggest influence is and why. It was a positive experience. I was offered the second half day interview. I feel confident. Great overall experience so far.

Interview Question – How do you handle ambiguous situations?   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details initial communication started with an account manager after I met her on my college campus. We emailed back and forth for a while and finally I got in to do a one on one interview with the director. The director asked a million questions and took notes all over my resume that I had just given her. It looked unprofessional and slightly unorganized but she was very nice just demanding of what my needs were and exactly why I was there interviewing. She told me to call her in two weeks to follow up which seemed a little weird to me. I decided it wasnt really a job I would want so didnt go further with the interview process

Interview Question – what motivates you in life?   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Started with a phone interview. I had a second interview at the office one on one, and then the following day I shadowed for half a day. I was wary from the beginning, but the half day sealed the deal. I didn't really like their daily routine. Everyone I talked to emphasized that it wasn't just an 8-5 job. The day starts at 7 and could end with dinner with a client (as well as your lunch break with a client).

Interview Question – Why TEKsystems?   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2012.

Interview Details Interview process conisted of:
1. A call from the regional internal recruiter. She asked some basic questions regarding why I would be interested in the position and what my career goals were. Pretty much, feeling out my personality to see if I would be a fit in a young competitive company.
2. The local Director of Business Operations (runs the office) gave me a call and had a pretty similar conversation. Really casual. He dug in a little bit more to my background and asked about the job I was currently working at.
3. Went to the office to meet with the Director. He asked more specific questions around my resume and also dug in to my personal background. Seemed like he really wanted to know what made me tick.
4. The half-day interview, the final step. This starts as a job shadow with several of the recruiters for the first hour or so where they show you the tools that are used on the job and explain some of the lingo that is being thrown around the office. This is also a time where the individual is being rated on their personal skills and ability to integrate with the other workers.
After about an hour, it is time for the panel interview. This will consist of three Account Managers and they will take turns asking questions about a wide variety of things. Most of the questions will dig into work ethic, organization, company knowledge and previous experiences that lend themselves to a sales organization.
If the panel goes well, you will go back to the "pit" to shadow a couple more recruiters. Once again, this is to see how well you interact with everyone.
5. After a few days, I received a call from the Director and he offered me the position. I accepted and then came in a day later for paperwork.

Interview Question – What's ethical rule do you value most? What was a time when you found that you had to ignore or bend this value?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I asked what the pay was and it was good compared to what I was making before so I just accepted.

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details Phone interview then face to face then panel.

Interview Question – The advice I was given is true, if you are a fit, you will get the job and you will fit in, and it will be great.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2013.

Interview Details To even be considered for this opportunity you have to be either a recent college grad or a person that has been in the workforce with consistent job history. They do not like job hoppers here. There are 3 steps to this interview. 1 phone screen with HR. 1 in person with the DBO. If you pass those 3 you attend a half day interview where you get to experience hands on a day in the life of a recruiter. There is also a panel interview during this half day where about 3-5 Account Managers mixed with Recruiters throw questions at you left and right before you can answer the first question. They can move rather fast, this can be all done within 2 weeks time and job offer day after the half day. So be prepared to move quickly.

Interview Question – The personal questions were the hardest for me. They literally want to know your life story.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is room for negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TEKsystems

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TEKsystems Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by TEKsystems employees and interview candidates.