TEKsystems

Updated 28 Nov 2014

3.1

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Recruiter Interview

Was not what I expected it to be.. I prepared myself for all the questions that were listed here through the other reviews and all I got asked was "Tell me about yourself" after the interviewer (director and executive account manager) told me about themselves. Then they went through my experience as an undergrad, which doesn't really relate to the field but they were cracking down on my experience and even asked me if I knew I wanted to do _____ in high school..which wasn't even necessary. They were rude and only care about what I majored in but not my skills. They also never followed up with me to tell me whether or not I got the position. They could have at least sent me a "no" and a thank you for your interest.

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems.

One phone screen and a panel interview. Panel is with 3-4 Senior leaders in the office. This is so they can get a feel for how you would handle difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    • Very personal interview. They are very culture driven and want to find out if the person is a good fit for the team.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview process is very intimidating in certain ways. Starts off with a phone interview from a corporate recruiter, which is pretty relaxed and just them getting to know you. Then it moves to a 1 on 1 with the head of the office. From there it is a half day interview. On the half day you meet with around 7 different people. 1 on 1 interview with multiple Account Managers as well as a panel interview and also lunch with the head of the office.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I had two phone interviews and one personal interview. It was very personality based. They also want to hear you say that you love money and that that is the main thing that drives you in life. Literally if you say you are not money driven they will probably not extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you to tell them something very personal. They want to see what kind of obstacles you have overcome in life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Started with a phone interview. Standard questions - Why do you want to be in sales? Why do you want to work for the company? Was told I would hear back then next day which I did. I got a face to face interview with the DOB. Interviewer was late which was understandable....the DOB was busy. He had a pages of questions and started with High School - Biggest challenge, good/bad influence, if I worked. Moved onto similar questions in University and then work experience. He wrote down answers and pretty much kept to the questions on the page. Was told I would hear back early next week. I didn't hear back until mid week and only because I emailed them.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked about my experiences in High School which was over 10 years ago.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2014.

their interview process involves a multi-tier progression based on performance from prior steps. the interviewer seemed most interested in your motivation for choosing a career in sales generally, rather than why you specifically chose TEKsystems. However, although they trivialize the importance of an IT background, it is a good idea to demonstrate at least some knowledge, and failing to do so, highlight your coach-ability/ability to be trained easily because it is critical if you are interested in moving into an account manager position dealing with external client sales.

Interview Questions
    • what is an ethical value you may have had to bend at one point or another   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2014.

The Process was very quick and painless. You interview, then you do a half day job shadow and get interviewed by a panel of people, and from there I received the offer. They really just want to know who you are, and if you will fit into the company culture. They are very team oriented, and the employees push each other to do better.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you motivated by the things that "motivate you"?   Answer Question
    They are pretty set on their salary.. which is unfortunate because it is so low....

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter who was super great/nice/engaging. We had a mini-phone interview and from there she set up an in person interview. Both interviewers were between 10-20 minutes late (no biggie) and one of them was incredibly nice while the other was rude and abrasive (which I don't say lightly) . I understood the good cop bad cop sort of thing for a sales process interview, but I also don't think the behavior was appropriate or professional.

Interview Questions

Because if they're abrasive in an interview- imagine them as your manager. No thanks.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Phone screen with regional recruiter. In-house interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations). Half-day job shadow interview with recruiters, AM's. Panel interview with 2 account managers. Pretty easy interviews however the panel was pretty grueling with them just trying to make you feel bad.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the hardest time you've gone through in life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. 30k base unless your in Cali or the East Coast.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

The interview process was awesome and very interactive. Initial phone screen is very basic. If you pass that you go onto a one on one with the DBO. He digs into your background but the questions are pretty basic. Next comes the fun part, a half day shadow in the office. This is still an interview so act accordingly.