TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

3.2

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

WORST INTERVIEW EVER! The process consisted of three steps: Phone Interview, In person interview, and finally a half-day in the office. The phone interview was very nice and professional. When I can in for the in person interview, things seemed to go well at first. However, half way through the interview, my interviewer asked me to describe some character flaws that I have struggled with in the past. They spent the majority of the interview ripping me apart and looking for different faults in my character. They asked very uncomfortable questions about personal life and came across as very unprofessional. They asked me to come in for a half day after the interview and I accepted in spite of my better instincts.

When I came in for the half day, other members of the management team grilled me about issues they assumed that I had. It was an overall negative experience in which the interviewers did everything possible to make other people around them feel small. Life is too short to work with people who treat others this way.

Interview Questions

• "I think people might have a hard time getting along with you. Why do you think that is?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Then moved on to a face to face with the Director of the office and an account manager. After that, they called my references. 2 hours later I received an offer. To the point and a very meaningful interview instead of asking the regular meaningless interview questions.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

My interview experience with TEKsystems was great. It started with a phone interview after speaking with someone at a university career fair. After that, came the in person interview where I met with three people who each asked a good amount of questions.

After that came a half (shadow) day where I got to meet many people from around the office. Everyone was very pleasant.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

emailed with the HR recruiter, and had two separate phone calls with two recruiters. The interview process was very typical and they did not seem too interested in really getting to know me. I did not end up receiving a final interview in person. The benefits and company culture seemed satisfactory. They have many offices around the country and I was most interested in Orlando or the Raleigh Durham research triangle area.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2015.

Interview

1st Round Phone Interview. If that goes well.. followed by an in person interview in the office with the Director. The employees take you out on lunch to see if you would gel well with the team. If you pass that next interview is a panel interview with a bunch of Account Managers.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

This was such a bizarre interview process. I literally have phone calls to talk about "grinding" and all the hard work I *probably* wasn't ready for like 5 times. I went to lunch with employees, shadowed a few people, had more one-on-ones, and STILL hadn't gotten a yes or no. For a company that recruits as a passion, you'd think they would learn how to make it a simpler process for those involved. I traveled SEVERAL times across the state to be at these interviews, and it was frustrating that I kept having to come back, have hour long phonecalls, or sit through lunch-interviews.

I finally just told them I found a position somewhere else, which I had, after several weeks of getting 0 positive remarks from Teksystems.

Don't exhaust your potential hires. It was frustrating and confusing that they were obviously interested in me, but were not fully committed. I don't want to me involved with an indecisive company such as this.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

standard interview with some deeper questions. wanted to know why sales, about extra-curricular activities in university. why sales? what I like about current job, what I don't like. why I wanted to work for teksystems.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process took exactly 3 weeks, and the only delay was booking a flight in that process. I spoke to them at my university's career fair and a few days later the following ensued: phone screen with Midwest regional recruiter, passed on to full phone interview with a corporate recruiter for the region I wanted to apply for (West Coast), interviewed in person for 3 hours with the office closest to my house who referred me to the West Coast office, and finally I was flown to the area I wished to work for.

Interview Questions

• What previous manager of yours knows you the best? What would they say your strengths and weaknesses are? What are their strengths and weaknesses as a manager?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle tough feedback?   Answer Question
    • Would you say you are a team leader?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Felt like a one on one conversation as opposed to an interview, very comfortable and not intimidating. However, I was asked a few questions that wouldn't normally be asked (like what do your parents do for a living). I feel that was a little too personal for an interview.

Interview Questions

• No questions were unexpected or difficult. Very predictable questions that one can expect in any interview. More behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Offered another job that I preferred

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Was reached through Linkedin and progressed to Open House. Next, conducted one-on-one interview with Director of Business Ops. Later did a shadow day consisting of sitting in on a meeting during the morning and then meeting with individual account managers and then shadowing recruiters.