TIAA-CREF Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

2.9

Wealth Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Very thorough interview process. Be leery of background check questionnaire. Apparently what it says and what it means are two different things. If you have a note or a loan from a previous firm, they will not hire you or will rescind an offer made to you regardless of the fact that the questionnaire doesn't say that.

Interview Questions
    • "Is there anything else we should know?"   View Answer
    Negotiation worked out fine. Offer was rescinded because they claim I answered a question wrong on a background check questionnaire, which is entirely untrue. Too bad, I would have been a tremendous asset to the firm. They'll continue to mine places like Scottrade and Schwab for under qualified advisors

Actuarial Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Regarding the phone interview, I was completely caught off guard. I applied for their actuarial internship position a couple of weeks ago, and the first time I hear from them was an immediate phone interview right off the bat.

They only asked me three simple behavioral questions and the whole call lasted around five minutes, but regardless, I am extremely surprised at their interview process so far. No prior contact such as emails or any notifications, just go straight to a phone interview without even asking the candidate what's the best time to reach them.

I was in my room playing video games, with almost no prior research or interview preparation, then I get a call from them asking if I could answer a few questions.

I was not mentally prepared at all.

I am most likely not going to get a second round interview because of this "process".

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Took 2 months+ to go through process. Multiple interviews. Start off with phone interview, once completed and qualified, move on to 3 additional interviews. All interviews were face to face except initial phone interview.

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2014.

4 interviews. Mostly managers just protecting their collective bonuses. No real sense of their desire to benefit their clients. Just grab wallet share. Very vague position details. Absolutely no post interview feedback. Very disorganized and unprofessional.

Looks like a place to flat line and give up your experience for an mediocre salary.

Interview Questions
    • Basic stuff. No “Google” questions. Manager was weak to incompetent.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2014.

Recruiter contacts you first through phone, afterwards will set up panel interview with managers where you applied. Panel intervriew scheduled, wait on call back based on panel interview. Start on background employee check whil waiting to here back from panel intervriew. Recruiter you first spoke to reaches out to you

IT Info Security Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2014.

Contacted by a recruiter for the position. Passed initial phone screen and my information was sent to the hiring manager. Within two weeks conducted a face to face interview with hiring manager and two other employees not in the immediate team. Seemed to go well with hiring manager but others just seemed to nod and smile when asking questions. The others did not seem to care about my answers at all. The open posting was subsequently deleted from the site and was not filled.

Individual Consultant (Inbound ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2014.

I Applied, First phase was a phone interview with a recruiter in North Carolina.The second phase was a request to complete an online assessment and questionaire for backgroud check. requested information needed to be retured within 24 hours so get on with it pronto! In person interview was set up weeks later by a local scheduler. The nterview was with two hiring managers who feverishly wrote down everything detail they could of my responses onto a form they had to fill out and for the purpose of reporting all igathered info from the interview and report back to HR.

Interview Questions
    • In the past, describe a project you were involved in, and it great detail take us through the process.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Mgt Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2014.

HR contacted me through LinkedIn. Next step was a 30 minute call with the hiring manager and then within two weeks a video call with 4 managers within the firm. The entire process was quick and painless.

Interview Questions
    • What was it like working for Mr. Stowers. I thought it was interesting that they knew who he was and were interested in how he led American Century.   Answer Question
    They had a done their homework on what it would take for me to accept. They gave me what I wanted.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF.

The hiring process is less than desirable, very long and tedious. They didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. You usually have to interview 2-3 people within the department that is scheduled the same day at different time. Some were off the hiring location so there was also a phone call involved.

Interview Questions
    • They were the pretty standard questions, nothing unusual.   Answer Question
    I believe you can negotiate some, however I was pleased with my offer and did not have to negotiate.

Client Relationship Consultant- Wealth Management Interview

Recruiter would email with time she would call and then not call as stated. When I replied to emails sent by recruiter they were ignored. Plenty of excuses for being "busy". Not professional.