TJX Companies

172 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details very quick and easy interview..questions about background and prior experience...the process was just really a way of getting to know you. If you get interviewed you basically have the job.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation process...they offer a salary and you either take it or leave it

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details I called to show my interest and was called for an interview within a week. Went through 2 interviews. The offices were very clean and the interviewers were polite. The questions were basic and simple.

Interview Question – The unexpected questions were the scenarios of what would do with certain situations.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Framingham, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied via LinkedIn for an IR role but they were close to extending an offer to a candidate already in process. However, several days later recruiting emailed me to set up a phone call to talk about a couple of other finance roles as they liked my academic and professional background. I was really impressed with the TJX recruiter as she was very detailed in explaining the culture of TJX ("we're nerds about work and think about it over the weekend") and drilling down into my experience. She said that I'd likely be a good fit at the end of the call and 1.5 wks later they emailed me to schedule an on-site visit.

The visit consisted of four 30-minute 1-on-1 interviews, mostly about my previous experience. I learned that TJX fosters an internal networking culture so coffee chats and lunches are highly encouraged. Due to a series of flight delays and cancellations, I ended up staying the night at a hotel by Logan and their travel agent was very helpful in arranging my unplanned accommodations. I received an expense reimbursement for all of my T&E costs within 4 weeks. I have recently traveled for other interviews and some companies have taken longer to mail a check or provided only partial reimbursement.

Interview Question – What are examples of fixed and variable costs associated with our business?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details They came to my campus career fair and asked me if I wanted an interview with them the next day at my campus. I took the interview it went well, after that I never heard back from them, nothing.

Interview Question – What would make you a better manager than other managers?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details I had two interviews, the first with the hiring manager, which was a great interview. We did not really discuss much about the job itself, but I felt very at ease. My second interview with the store manager was awkward and did not leave me very excited about the chance to come to work.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions in this interview. It was very run of the mill.   Answer Question

Buying Intern Interview

Buying Intern
Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed at TJX Companies in March 2013.

Interview Details Submitted resume through my college career network website and on the company website as well. I received an email asking me to complete an online video interview. The interview had to be completed within a few days of receiving the email. The virtual interview required that I be video taped and answer questions that popped up on the screen.

Interview Question – A difficult question that was asked of me was to talk about a time when I failed at something and how I overcame it.   Answer Question

Cordniator Interview

Cordniator
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details 3 interviews, but they already know who they are hiring usually
its just window dressing to keep public relations machine rolling strong. This company talks the talk but cant deliver

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

Corporate Merchandise Training Program
Framingham, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details First interview was an online video recording, which was somewhat awkward, but convenient enough to complete. The second interview was a day-long process which included a set of three interviews by three different HR employees. The people were very nice, however I did not like that all three interviewers asked the exact same questions verbatim. Make the process somewhat awkward, because I was not sure whether it was best to answer with my best answer three times, or to respond differently.

Interview Question – A case study was presented to the group of candidates and was asked to allocate merchandise among different areas, and directions included guidelines and rules. Following this was a group discussion and evaluation, all of which was sat in on by HR reps.   Answer Question

Financial Accounting Supervisor Interview

Financial Accounting Supervisor

I applied in-person - interviewed at TJX Companies in March 2010.

Interview Details Found open position on portal and sent in resume. Received a call from HR to submit to informal interview and tests. Then scheduled a meeting with senior management for formal interview. Interviewed twice and the decision came after 4 months to which I accepted the offer as it was given.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set pay scale, no negotiation

SALES CLERK Interview

SALES CLERK
Paramus, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in April 2011.

Interview Details Asked me about previous experience, I had none so that didn't last long. Asked me about my personality and was very interested in how I handle arguments. Was a careful listener and asked pretty direct questions. We went off topic a little bit when I told him a story about meeting a bear but other then that, it was a very short first interview. He let me know ahead of time that I will be asked to sell Credit Card's and if I was ok with doing so.

Interview Question – There was none, the hardest to me was the About myself as it was my first ever interview, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything, I took my minimum wage job and started in about 2 weeks,

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!