TJX Companies

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.8

Corporate Merchandising Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I attended the Univeristy career fair and discussed the position with a manager that attended. he took my resume and then I recived an email asking me to sign up and complete a video recording of a set of questions asked of me on the computer. It was a little akward interviewing to the camera, and not having any personal interactions with anybody.

Corporate Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies in February 2015.

Applied to online position. Contacted a day later to do Hirevue interview. Contacted a day after Hirevue interview to come in for an in person interview at their Framingham campus. Everyting was quick. They house all applicants at the same hotel . We all arrived to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning then expected to come in the same day at 8am for Assessment Day.

When you come in you are given an introduction about the company, you then are split into a group of 4 for 30 mins and ask to complete a data analysis on allocating lightweight jackets. Then 2 HR recruiters come in and listen to you come to a consensus on how many units to allocate to the stores. After that you have 3 interviews. Most interviewers ask you questions and seem to carr about your response. One HR recruiter was very rude. You are then given a tour after the and lunch.

When I was contacted I was told I'd be given a call that next day if I received the position. I have not received a call. However, others have received emails requesting references. The trip was a waste of my time considering the HR team reviewed my resume before inviting me out and knew I was above this position. But, I decided to go because they are in such a hurry to fill the class. Just wished the HR lady had not lied to me about my changes of getting into the program.

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Interview was one round of a one-way video interview, fair and not too difficult. Second round interview they fly you to home office in Framingham, MA and had a full day of tour and activities along with 3 interviews. Not the most organized process, but overall a good day. Interview questions were expected, although some interviewers were not effective in the way the questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time when you used data to analyze a situation.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Interview was highly efficient; 1 interview, asked questions relating both to my professional persona as well as, my love for fashion. Next day, I received an email with an offer, thus, they were quick to respond which is unusual.

Brand Marketing Coop Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

The interview was very laid back and felt very comfortable. I was nervous going in but Allie was very easy to talk too. She asked mostly about my resume and what my strengths were. We talked about how important time management and organizational skills were for this position. She explained a lot of what I would be doing in this role and then allowed me to say how the skills I have would help me do the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is something most people wouldn't know about you just from looking at you or talking to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I had the interview awhile ago. I was called by the interviewing manager and came in for one interview. The interview lasted roughly 20 minutes with basic behavioral questions being asked. After the interview, a couple of my references were called and I was later called and offered the job.

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

First you apply in person. Next you get a call for an interview. Then after that you get a second call for an interview, and if all goes well you then get a call to say you are hired.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in January 2015.

I was sent a link to do a virtual HireView interview. They recorded your answers to questions that were written on the screen. That was very stressful because although you can do practice questions, once you record that is your only chance to answer the question. It was very interesting. Then I got a call back from a recruiter and we scheduled an interview. The interview felt like an interrogation. I was interviewed by two people and asked what felt like 50 situational questions. at one point I noticed one of the interviewers was not even looking at me during my answer. I felt like they were not trying to get to know me but asking questions off a sheet of paper because they had to. Everyone in the office was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used logic and reasoning to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you strengthened a relationship with a coworker or supervisor.   Answer Question
    • What are three of your strengths? What is an area of improvement?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJX Companies.

The interview was easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. I went in all nervous and came out with a job. The interviewer was pleasant and nice. She asked a list of questions and afterwards, offered me the job.

The interviewer asked me when I could start and I said next week. That was it.

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

the initial application process for the TJX Merchandising and Buying Graduate Programme was rather straight forward, having to upload a CV, give additional information about education and employment and answer a few questions about why you were interested in the scheme. After about 2 weeks I received an email inviting me to undertake some online tests and a video interview. The tests were hosted buy Talent Q and I found the numerical tests more difficult than others I had carried out for other companies due to the strict time limit of between 60 and 90 seconds per question. The logical and Verbal tests however, were more comfortably completed. The video interview was hosted by Hireview, the format consisted of 10 questions which you were given 30 seconds to prepare an answer for and then 3 minutes in which to present the answer. You did not have to use the full 3 minutes however and could move on to the next question as soon as you were ready. There is no option to re-record your answers. The questions were not particularly unexpected. They included references to the off-price retail model and how that would affect both the buying strategy and the merchandising strategy (in separate questions) and also questions about personal experience which would make you relevant for the position.