TJX Companies

Updated 23 Nov 2014
Updated 23 Nov 2014

2.8

Allocation Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

First, you had to take an online HireVue interview. Very awkward. There are 9 questions and you have 30 seconds to decide on an answer. When the 30 seconds are up, it starts recording you. Answers were focused on the position more than general interview questions.
    After that, I had Assessment Day. This was a LONG day. You shadow an analyst, have lunch, and then you have a data analysis problem. You have 30 min to work on it alone. After that, you and your group discuss and come to an agreement, while recruiters watch and take notes.
    After that, you have 3 interviews, back to back.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to be analytical.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you used resourcefulness to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    I planned to negotiate, but was offered the amount I wanted.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

If you have a pulse they will hire you/ don't have to speak english, after the holidays they will cut your hours down to 10 or 15, they will never fire you unless you steal from them, they just will not give you hours anymore and force you to leave that way

minimum wage no discussion

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I went into headquarters to meet with two different people, and had half hour interviews with both. They were very welcoming, and gave me a tour of the building as well as being very open and nice during the interview process.

Merchandising Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

Applied online, within a week was asked to do the online video interview. You have to read the question and you have about 30 seconds before it starts to record your response. If you haven't done one, it helped to practice responding to questions out loud since there's no dialogue. About a week later, I was invited to the assessment day at home office. It was about 6 hours and included an individual exercise, group discussion, 3 individual interviews with recruiters, lunch, your of home office and a job shadow. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. They all seemed to like working there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge or failure and how you responded.

What differentiates you from other candidates?
        Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Applied for the internship in Februrary - they do most of their intern hiring in September so the Spring semester is more competitive to fill fewer spots - and got notified to do a webcam recorded interview about a week later. Then I made it to the 2nd round which was an on-campus group interview with an individual and group case study, which was really awkward and they made the most cuts in that round. Then I made it to the final round which was at the headquarters, where we had 3 rounds of interviews with recruiters. They asked mostly behavioral and situations questions, but also asked a lot of questions about the company itself, so make sure to know about the business model, competitors, and career path! Also be prepared with lots of questions because you can't really ask the same questions to the three different recruiters. I was notified with an offer in mid-April.

Interview Questions
    • Explain our business model and how it gives us a competitive edge against other retailers   Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate -- interns were paid $15.00/hr and were given free intern hosuing

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

There are 3 interviews. I am currently on my first interview process which was a virtual interview on HireVue. I'm waiting for a response, it has been 2 weeks. The second round is a group work analysis case and the third round is going to the HQ and getting interviewed by more recruiters.

Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Received request for phone interview within days of applying via referral. Questions were geared toward clarifying and understanding my experience. As my lack of experience in one area did not qualify me for the specific position, the recruiter had the insight to request sharing my resume with another recruiter for a different position. I appreciated their knowledge of the org to be able to align their needs with my experience.

Merchandising Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Went through online application, then after that had to complete online one-way interview with 9 questions. Then made it through that to go in for the day. Went through short presentation, then individual and group exercise, the lunch and a break and then 3 rounds of interviews. Then a job shadow

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to use negotiating skills, tell me a time when you had an unpopular opinion and had to push it through, tell me a time you had to use analytical skills, etc.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

1st contact was from a recruiter - Second meeting was with the Regional HR manager who was fantastic. My third meeting was with a panel of Operations managers (Directors)

Interview Questions
    • it was unexpected to be in a behavioural based panel interview   View Answer

Merchandise Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

I applied online and got an email to set up a virtual interview that had to be done in the next 3 business days from when I got the email. the interview consisted of 9 questions. You had 30 sec to read the question and think of what you are going to say before it recorded you. It was very scary. I am still waiting to hear about the next step.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked :
      what my career goals were
      a time I made an impact
      why I wanted to work for TJX
      a time I had to analyze data
      what an allocation analyst does
      math question
      a time I made a difference
        Answer Question