TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014
40 interviews

2.9

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Egg Harbor Township, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 12 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in March 2014.

It went by pretty quickly but there were other things that I had to do. Such as taking a vision test and color test, and getting finger printed. They asked situational question like, problem and solving questions. It was fairly easy! And the people who work there were very friendly! The hiring process took a long time. It took them 7 months after I accepted the contingent offer to contact me for an Airport Assessment/interview. The medical evaluation took me 4 months, because they wanted to know more about my personal medical history. During the time I waited for the airport assessment, I completed the e86 form, that didn't clear till after my medical evaluation cleared. So I would say so far, the hiring process took me a year and 6 months. Now I'm waiting for the Entry On Duty/orientation. Its a very long process but I think its work the wait.

I haven't gotten that far. However, they don't seem like they will negotiate your salary

Tso Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 8 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

the interview process was the same as all job interview. Where you come in and seat on front of a person. They ask questions then you would answer them.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation process at all.

Transportation Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

For all TSA positions, you will need to use USAJobs. com and complete the online application. If your application is referred to the next stage, you will get an interview (unless the office decided to conduct no interviews). Interview jobs will vary depending on the position you are applying for. After the interview stage, you will get a telephone call from the Manager for the position you applied for with a TSA offer and that will be followed-up with a written offer to include your pay and tentative start date.

Interview Questions
    • Questions will depend on the position you applied for. In my case, most interviews have been the "scenario" type....what would you do in this example situation OR you may get the scenario provided...how did you handle it.....why did you chose to handle this way and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

TSA OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Everything is easy except the imaging test and interview process. As for the interview, the questions "sound" easy but they expect you to answer what "they" want to hear. It really depends on who is interviewing you. It might be easy for one person but difficult for another. BTW If you are a female, you have a MUCH better chance of passing it. They want to even out the male/female ratio.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 10 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in December 2013.

It is easy to pass

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

TSO (Transportation Security Officer) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 11 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in September 2012.

Mostly done online as you progress through different stages/ Background check/Drug screen/Interview/ Credit check, etc

TSA OFFICER Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Easy process. Long training. A month in a classroom.

TSA OFFICER Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Easy stuff. Do some tests, easy to pass

Lead Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in September 2010.

They no longer hire Leads [internal] Just pass the test and answer some short questions.

Interview Questions
    • None; all related to job functions and pay.   View Answer
    Nothing...was starting at Lead pay. Right now can not negotiate pay.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a year or more - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in August 2012.

It is a long process that can take anywhere from 3 months to 1.5 years. They want to make sure you are physically, emotionally, and intellectually able to do the job. There are several steps to complete. Do them each as soon as possible to get through the process quickly.

Be patient. I had not heard from the TSA for 4 months and thought I had been disqualified. Then they randomly called me one day and offered me a job. This will happen many times throughout the process.

Negotiation was not an option. Everyone enters with the same salary. I would advise anyone who receives an offer to ask themselves why they want the job. If the answer is for a career with TSA, I would advise against it. Most officers are at the TSA to either get retirement or to move into another Federal agency. Almost no one wants to stay there. Everyone on the floor is trying to get out or waiting until they can retire.

Worked for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)? Contribute to the Community!