TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov
  www.tsa.gov

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Transportation Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated 19 Sep 2014
Updated 19 Sep 2014

2.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Pass an Computerized X RAY and English test. Then a panel interview as well as medical and physical test. Also a drug test. Very easy questions if you never been to an interview before. You can think off your head and pass the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Name a situation where you were part of a team and what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in March 2014.

It went by pretty quickly but there were other things that I had to do. Such as taking a vision test and color test, and getting finger printed. They asked situational question like, problem and solving questions. It was fairly easy! And the people who work there were very friendly! The hiring process took a long time. It took them 7 months after I accepted the contingent offer to contact me for an Airport Assessment/interview. The medical evaluation took me 4 months, because they wanted to know more about my personal medical history. During the time I waited for the airport assessment, I completed the e86 form, that didn't clear till after my medical evaluation cleared. So I would say so far, the hiring process took me a year and 6 months. Now I'm waiting for the Entry On Duty/orientation. Its a very long process but I think its work the wait.

I haven't gotten that far. However, they don't seem like they will negotiate your salary

Transportation Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Apply online at USAJOBS.GOV, once they contact you you complete computer assessments then you go for an interview then fill out background check information.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult for the interview, honestly. Generic easy questions. My interview was almost 8 years ago, most likely changed.   Answer Question
    None.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in December 2013.

It is easy to pass

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Reading and Spelling test, Pattern Recognition test, color blindness test, drug test, fingerprinting, 10 year FBI background investigation, interview and finally 2-3 months of training.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a fellow co-worker do something wrong, what did you do, how did you handle the situation, and what was the outcome.   View Answer
    None

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Overall the hiring process took a while. It took about six months to complete everything.

Interview Questions
    • In my opinion there weren't any difficult parts or unexpected question, as long as your smart honest and willing to think about the answers you give everything will fall into place.   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in August 2012.

It is a long process that can take anywhere from 3 months to 1.5 years. They want to make sure you are physically, emotionally, and intellectually able to do the job. There are several steps to complete. Do them each as soon as possible to get through the process quickly.

Be patient. I had not heard from the TSA for 4 months and thought I had been disqualified. Then they randomly called me one day and offered me a job. This will happen many times throughout the process.

Negotiation was not an option. Everyone enters with the same salary. I would advise anyone who receives an offer to ask themselves why they want the job. If the answer is for a career with TSA, I would advise against it. Most officers are at the TSA to either get retirement or to move into another Federal agency. Almost no one wants to stay there. Everyone on the floor is trying to get out or waiting until they can retire.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in July 2012.

Nice did 2 person interview, color vision, paper signing and got med kit I was off.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in June 2012.

Applied in March 2012. Was interviewed 3 months later in person and it went very well and I enjoyed those who interviewed me.. but it wasn't over yet. Had to fill out a frustrating but worth it e86 form for my background check. After I had to get a health check/drug test which was probably the most frustrating part. I had to travel to a clinic out in Jersey and that clinic messed up everything and was delayed a week. I wasn't hired till November by a call and started training in January 2013. So it took almost a year to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a difficult situation at the workplace which you had to control chaos?   View Answer

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in March 2012.

Applied online, received email about Computer Based Test (CBT). Scheduled for two plus hours, took less than an hour. Already had a clearance TS/SCI, so no issues with this. Received email a few days ago asking if I was still interested, I said yes, then we discussed money. This job was listed as part time and salary between 29.5k and 45k a year. This was NOT the case, the man said I would be making about 14k a year, LESS THAN HALF the amount listed. I explained that I was not interested in a job that paid that little. I also ask if I could remain in competition for other jobs. Was told yes, ANOTHER LIE, the next day I had a status of WITHDRAWN on my status and a BIG RED X. I sent an email at the HR Dept. only to get a response of they could not change the decision since I declined the job. I called HR, got the same BS run around. Not a very good experience with this company. I am a VET with 30 plus years experience and an advanced degree. I not so politely ask HR to remove me from their files and have a great day.

Interview Questions
    • They were very simplistic, mainly about what would you do in this situation.   Answer Question

Salary was HALF the posted amount. Mislead about pay and other things.