Takeda Pharmaceutical Interview Questions

Updated 18 Sep 2014
Updated 18 Sep 2014

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

I had the first interview over HireVu and it was a pretty weird interview if you've never done one like that before. It seems strange talking at a computer. I got through to the next round where the lady spent only a couple minutes with me on the phone and they decided I didn't have enough experience.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all of the questions were related to past B2B sales experience and I was right out of college so I felt that wasn't great on their part considering they were looking for someone to fill an entry level position.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative - Team I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in September 2014.

I was contacted by a 3rd party hiring firm about a position the company had been trying to fill in a more rural type location. She walked through a basic phone interview and reviewed my resume. I was sent to a "video" interview link using an app called HireVue the next day. It was pretty simple to use and they allowed 3 days for completion at my time convenience. (Use the "sample questions" and get familiar with the process before you jump right in.)

They asked 5 basic questions semi related to sales in general and one "type your answer" question asking if I'd be willing to relocate with no financial assistance. The video interview wasn't my favorite style because you're unable to know specifically what their looking for with such broad questions. It was just pre determined questions that you're given thirty seconds to prepare for and 3 minutes to answer.

Questions:
    1.) Why are you interested in working for Takeda?
    2.) What would you consider the toughest sales job?
    3.) What do you think makes a good sales representative?
    4.) Tell about a when you experienced an interpersonal problem at work and how you handled it.
    5.) Tell about the time when you had to sale a product to someone who didn't know you.

The process took only one day from the time I was initially contacted by the 3rd party hiring agent to get the video interview completed. After that was submitted, I didn't hear a "yes" or "no" regarding their decision for almost two weeks. I then contacted the hiring agent and inquired about a response because I was offered another sales position with one week to respond. I wanted to make sure all offers were on the table before I accepted any position. Eight days after my deadline to accept the other company's offer (which I did thankfully instead of waiting for a response) I was contacted by email saying Takeda "was going to seek other opportunities and they wished me the best in my new career."

* Disclaimer: I had no experience in pharmaceuticals, healthcare, or anything thing remotely related to Takeda's industry. I was an account manager / outside sales representative for 3 years with a web development company. I'm not really sure why they were interested in contacting me besides they had been trying to fill the position for 3+ months.

I did hours upon hours of research about the company and the products they sold to prepare for more technical sales questions. There was no opportunity to get in depth for anything relating to that though. Takeda does seem to be a very successful company on a global scale. They pay their representatives much more than other pharmaceutical companies.

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider the toughest sales job?   View Answer
    • Tell about the time when you had to sale a product to someone who didn't know you.   View Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in September 2014.

Applied online through a company referral for an Entry Level position. Contacted by phone the next day with a representative from the contract company Quintiles. Representative gave me an overview of the position, pay, benefits, etc.. then proceeded to ask me basic questions regarding my resume, education, and why I want to work in this industry. Had to do a personality assessment online and would be contacted if "approved".

Next day received an email inviting me to the Face-to-face interview in Houston. The email also listed items to bring- brag book, presentation to sell, copies of my resume. Flew me out (all transportation covered) and met with the hiring manager. Be familiar with the STAR format to answer the behavioral type questions. "Tell me about a time..." Very comfortable and easy interview if you come prepared with "stories" to answer the questions. No presentation of "sell me something" was asked.

Couple of days later I received a phone call letting me know I was advancing to the final interview in Dallas. He sent me an email with ways to prepare for the interview, once again flew me out to Dallas where I met with the District Sales Manager and Regional Manager of Takeda. Very comfortable setting, asked me about myself, a few behavioral type questions, why I want to work here and what do I know about the company. Over all very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you found it difficult to persuade somebody to buy your product"
      "Tell me about a time you were put in a stressful situation, and how did you overcome it"
        Answer Question
    Excellent pay, benefits, bonuses, company car... No negotiation necessary

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Three rounds of interviews seemed like a bit of overkill, but they were pleasant and low pressure. I was impressed. The panel interview was the least productive, but it was not a pressure situation. The entire process dragged out over a few months which was difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The obsolete strength and weaknesses question was asked.   View Answer
    No negotiations

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2014.

It was pretty much to be expected, but unfortunately I was so tired I completely bombed the interview...luckily I was so tired I didn't even care about it. They flew me down to LA in the early morning and I did not get enough sleep the night before to be on my A game...BOO, but everyone was very nice and there is no need to be nervous.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deerfield, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Applied through a recruiter. HR phone screen then phone interview with hiring manager. Given basic business case (small amount of data along with questions which needed to be answered using 10 PowerPoint slides) exactly one week before onsite interview. Onsite interview with hiring manager, hr, 2 peers, 3 managers, and 1 director. Got an offer the next week but background check took an additional 3-4 weeks (I think it was just red tape; I don't have a criminal record or financial issues).

I rated this interview as difficult because the business case took a few days to complete and I was asked analytic-thinking questions (not just behavioral questions or questions about past job experiences).

Initially wasn't interested in relocating to Chicago (I lived out of state) but my experience onsite was so positive I accepted their offer immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What excel function would you use to return customer first names given the following data   View Answer
    • When would 2 trains traveling at different rate of speeds meet, when would 2 cars traveling at different speeds catch up to one another   View Answer
    No negotiation because the base salary was exactly what I told HR I was looking for (so be sure you have a number in mind!). The rest of the package (bonus, relocation, vacation, etc) was generous so I didn't feel the need to negotiate those either.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2014.

My personal interview experience with Takeda was incredible! First I had a telephone interview, then an online assesment, then a F2F interview, and finally I was flown to Atlanta for my final interview. The phone interview was very basic, "Tell me about yourself." "Why do you want to be n pharma sales?" The F2F was completely behavioral based, "Tell me about a time when.." It took about 2 days to find out that I was accepted for the final interview. In Atlanta I met with two different Takeda employees. The first was again all behavioral questions, and I was asked to sell something in the room. The second interview was similar to the first. Both were extremely professional, and VERY comfortable. I received a call 2 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult questions. Just prepare yourself for behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

The first round was a thirty minute phone interview which consisted of standard behavioral questions followed by more information on the day-to-day expectations of an intern. I was invited to tour the office and have three more thirty minute in person interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary; more behavioral questions and the chance to meet a variety of employees.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deerfield, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

I was contacted by Randstad, the company Takeda works with for HR. Pre-interview was handled very professionally. On-site interviewing process was a bit off-putting - I was taken around to three different people's offices and sometimes felt awkward because there were personal effects visible - would have been better in a conference room.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a difficult questions, just irritating that I was asked the same or similar questions three times because I met with each person individually.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Not such a classical but a very professional and fair approach which also helps the candidate feel comfortable and express him/herself better. Also line management and the experts involve the hiring process. Benchmarking is one of the tools to determine the compensation and benefits for the job function. Experience should also be considired more efficiently during the salary calculations.

Interview Questions
    • Why you resigned from your previous company?
      Why do you think we should select you?
        Answer Question
    1- Companies proposal
    2- My response : It's required to improve the proposed package. I proposed my offer.
    3- Their response was to have the win win situation.
    4- We met in the middle.

Worked for Takeda Pharmaceutical? Contribute to the Community!