Takeda Pharmaceutical

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Interview Details very efficient, fast, good recruiting process

Interview Question – what changes would implement if you join the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – fair

Regulatory Associate Interview

Regulatory Associate
Deerfield, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in September 2011.

Interview Details The process was straight forward. They interviewed me on the phone and then brought me in for a face to face interview but unlike other interviews, only one person interviewed me.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with FDA meetings.   View Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in January 2013.

Interview Details Standard Pharma interview process. The phone interview (approx 20 min) was done by an outside company. I then received an email requesting a live interview, with a link to choose the time and date that would work for me. I did two live interviews with the district manager and was asked all your standard STAR format questions ("tell me about a time....") but I could tell they wanted someone who had more experience in the territory they were hiring for. I did not hear back from Takeda until nearly 3 weeks later (via email).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had an interpersonal conflict with a colleague.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in March 2010.

Interview Details The entire recruitment process involved interviews with quite a few unrelated staff, unusual for many companies this is quite normal for Takeda.

Interview Question – no unusual questions   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2009.

Interview Details I first had a phone screen after I submitted my resume and followed up about 5 times with the hiring manager. We then agreed to meet the one on one interview. I was then flown to the regional HQ to meet with the Regional Sales Director. I had to sit around and wait to speak with the RSD for almost 2 hours and then had about a 20 minute interview.

Interview Question – The questions were all normal and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position was contingent on the approval of a new drug so I had to wait about a month before I knew if I actually had the job.

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager

Interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical

Interview Details Philippine set up you will be called for an interview.. questions include why you think you we will hire you at Takeda, how much salary will you expect considering your expirience. Are you willing to be assigned in other areas. Why did you apply at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. For rookies, sometimes they are given sales situation. how to sell a product , how they convince and handle objections.

Interview Question – If hired and you were doing good what will you do when your boss will call you and fired you?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Associate Scientist
South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in August 2008.

Interview Details Typical, Elaborate, Expected.
- full day of one-on-one interviews with other employees, HR, CEO, and hiring manager.
- presentation at noon
- drug test to follow

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Just be ready for a long day. Nice and personable conversations. Have references on hand. It was helpful to go in having read everyones most recent publications.Got home that evening and wrote everyone a letter (email) to thank them.... then waited.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very happy with the offer, and looked forward to working with the people I met there. Some were friends from previous jobs, and it was a real pleasure to have the opportunity to join them in this fresh effort to establish a start-up dedicated to development of antibody therapeutics in oncology.

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in January 2010.

Interview Details Formal company - dress up for this place and be prepared for challenging question that have a person later on in the process but seem to be odd up front.

Interview Question – How do you get along with a diverse group of people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good offer up front

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2012.

Interview Details Good people. Challenging questions but easy to talk. very conversational

Interview Questions

• Name some specific things you did in preparation for this interview?   Answer Question
  • Give me a situation where you had to "switch gears" or alter your "plan of attack"   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2011.

Interview Details Initial contact was a corporate recruiter phone screen. After this I was called and given the opportunity to have a phone interview with the District Manager. This lasted an hour and was your standard format phone screen, reviewing resume, sales experience, explaining why you want to work there, what you know about the company. Make sure to brush up on the current Takeda drugs on the market, the District Manager really expected that I know more than a handful. Even though I nailed it, this was a uneventful and boring interview. 2 weeks later I was called and offered a F2F with the District Manager. I showed up to the interview on time and waited 30 minutes in the hotel lobby before he walked out to tell me it would be 15-20 more minutes. At this point I was wasting his time because my decision was already made not to work here. About 50 minutes after my scheduled interview time he finally came out to grab me for my interview...and wow. I would never work with somebody that carried himself like he did. I think he asked me about 6 times in the interview, "why Takeda". TERRIBLE INTERVIEWER. Every question he asked was a regurgitation of the phone interview, and I mean the exact same questions in the same order. The entire time I was thinking in my head, "i would never work for this person". After wasting my time by repeating myself in person, I was directed to interview with another District Manager. Total F2F interview time was about 2 hours (not factoring in the 50 minute delay).

Interview Questions

• If you had the opportunity to eat dinner with 3 people (any 3 people fiction or non-fiction) who would they be and why?   Answer Question
  • What is personal leadership?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Takeda Pharmaceutical