Takeda Pharmaceutical Interview Questions

Updated 18 Sep 2014
Updated 18 Sep 2014

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2013.

Phone Interview: Questions I was asked:

When you have experienced organizational change in a workplace, how did you respond?
    How will you bring new business?
    How will you identify when and what sale to make?
    What is a weakness and how did you turn it into a strength?
    What is the most challenging sales environment?
    What is your most recent professional achievement?
    How would I find ways outside company resources to improve sales performance?

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in May 2013.

The hiring for the internship was relatively lengthy. Apply online to various positions posted on the website in the Fall for the subsequent summer internship. Requirements include work experience and education. The next step of the process was to fill out a questionnaire for positions Takeda considered your application for. Finally, you were given an interview and notified within a week with an offer.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Very hard interview, need to do your homework

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

very efficient, fast, good recruiting process

fair

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in January 2013.

Standard Pharma interview process. The phone interview (approx 20 min) was done by an outside company. I then received an email requesting a live interview, with a link to choose the time and date that would work for me. I did two live interviews with the district manager and was asked all your standard STAR format questions ("tell me about a time....") but I could tell they wanted someone who had more experience in the territory they were hiring for. I did not hear back from Takeda until nearly 3 weeks later (via email).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an interpersonal conflict with a colleague.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Philippine set up you will be called for an interview.. questions include why you think you we will hire you at Takeda, how much salary will you expect considering your expirience. Are you willing to be assigned in other areas. Why did you apply at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. For rookies, sometimes they are given sales situation. how to sell a product , how they convince and handle objections.

Interview Questions
    • If hired and you were doing good what will you do when your boss will call you and fired you?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2012.

Good people. Challenging questions but easy to talk. very conversational

Interview Questions
    • Name some specific things you did in preparation for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Give me a situation where you had to "switch gears" or alter your "plan of attack"   Answer Question

COMPLIANCE EMERGING MARKETS Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in March 2012.

25 Minutes telephone interview with one HR and the line manager, both seems to be sleeping from minute 1, the HR manager in a bad english tried to make some "HR" teoric questions.

Regulatory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deerfield, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in September 2011.

The process was straight forward. They interviewed me on the phone and then brought me in for a face to face interview but unlike other interviews, only one person interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with FDA meetings.   View Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2011.

Initial contact was a corporate recruiter phone screen. After this I was called and given the opportunity to have a phone interview with the District Manager. This lasted an hour and was your standard format phone screen, reviewing resume, sales experience, explaining why you want to work there, what you know about the company. Make sure to brush up on the current Takeda drugs on the market, the District Manager really expected that I know more than a handful. Even though I nailed it, this was a uneventful and boring interview. 2 weeks later I was called and offered a F2F with the District Manager. I showed up to the interview on time and waited 30 minutes in the hotel lobby before he walked out to tell me it would be 15-20 more minutes. At this point I was wasting his time because my decision was already made not to work here. About 50 minutes after my scheduled interview time he finally came out to grab me for my interview...and wow. I would never work with somebody that carried himself like he did. I think he asked me about 6 times in the interview, "why Takeda". TERRIBLE INTERVIEWER. Every question he asked was a regurgitation of the phone interview, and I mean the exact same questions in the same order. The entire time I was thinking in my head, "i would never work for this person". After wasting my time by repeating myself in person, I was directed to interview with another District Manager. Total F2F interview time was about 2 hours (not factoring in the 50 minute delay).

Interview Questions
    • If you had the opportunity to eat dinner with 3 people (any 3 people fiction or non-fiction) who would they be and why?   Answer Question
    • What is personal leadership?   View Answer