Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Process follows a very structured pattern of several interviews starting with a phone interview and leading to several in-person interviews. Expect a wide variety of questions that demonstrate the ability to think critically and on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions require a number of answers and require describing not only what your actions were, but the outcome and how it impacted others.   Answer Question

Professional Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

District Manager phone call, District Manager personal interview, District Manager/Regional Manager personal interview. The process was fairly quick once it started. All steps leading up to getting hired took approximately 2 weeks. I was barely able to give 2 weeks notice for my other job since they wanted me on board right away to get into the upcoming training meeting.

Interview Questions
    • I was told to sell the manager's pen to him.   View Answer
    At the time, the salary offered was very favorable to what I was receiving at my previous job and I was up against someone with more sales experience so I took their offer.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Applied through a recruiter. HR phone screen then phone interview with hiring manager. Given basic business case (small amount of data along with questions which needed to be answered using 10 PowerPoint slides) exactly one week before onsite interview. Onsite interview with hiring manager, hr, 2 peers, 3 managers, and 1 director. Got an offer the next week but background check took an additional 3-4 weeks (I think it was just red tape; I don't have a criminal record or financial issues).

I rated this interview as difficult because the business case took a few days to complete and I was asked analytic-thinking questions (not just behavioral questions or questions about past job experiences).

Initially wasn't interested in relocating to Chicago (I lived out of state) but my experience onsite was so positive I accepted their offer immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What excel function would you use to return customer first names given the following data   View Answer
    • When would 2 trains traveling at different rate of speeds meet, when would 2 cars traveling at different speeds catch up to one another   View Answer
    No negotiation because the base salary was exactly what I told HR I was looking for (so be sure you have a number in mind!). The rest of the package (bonus, relocation, vacation, etc) was generous so I didn't feel the need to negotiate those either.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2014.

My personal interview experience with Takeda was incredible! First I had a telephone interview, then an online assesment, then a F2F interview, and finally I was flown to Atlanta for my final interview. The phone interview was very basic, "Tell me about yourself." "Why do you want to be n pharma sales?" The F2F was completely behavioral based, "Tell me about a time when.." It took about 2 days to find out that I was accepted for the final interview. In Atlanta I met with two different Takeda employees. The first was again all behavioral questions, and I was asked to sell something in the room. The second interview was similar to the first. Both were extremely professional, and VERY comfortable. I received a call 2 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult questions. Just prepare yourself for behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior HRBP London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2014.

Applied via an agency. Was scheduled to meet with the HRD but when I arrived was informed she was busy so was "interviewed" by someone who would report into the role! I offered to re-schedule but was told no there was no other time slots available. Very awkward "interview" as not many questions were asked. Was informed by agency 2 weeks later I had not been selected as the HRD had not met me. A total waster of £60 train/tube fare. So un-professional.

Statistician Interview

phone interview, talk about research project, location preference.

Interview Questions
    • pretty normal, nothing difficult, maybe somewhat unprepared when the interviewee introduced the internship project to me and ask my opinion?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

The first round was a thirty minute phone interview which consisted of standard behavioral questions followed by more information on the day-to-day expectations of an intern. I was invited to tour the office and have three more thirty minute in person interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary; more behavioral questions and the chance to meet a variety of employees.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in February 2014.

Structured and efficient process. Began with 10-15 min phone interview with HR then invited to face to face interview 2 weeks later. Interviewed with the hiring manager and his line manager, each 20-30min. An interactive session that it very useful for both sides to find out about each other. Job description is generally generic, as a reference at most.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important things to do when facing product development strategy change?   View Answer
    The company is generous so keep it simple from your end.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

I was contacted by Randstad, the company Takeda works with for HR. Pre-interview was handled very professionally. On-site interviewing process was a bit off-putting - I was taken around to three different people's offices and sometimes felt awkward because there were personal effects visible - would have been better in a conference room.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a difficult questions, just irritating that I was asked the same or similar questions three times because I met with each person individually.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in January 2014.

Applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview 2 months later. There were two people interviewing on the call. Fairly standard interview: tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, why are you interested in this position, and then several behavioral/tell me about a time when... questions. I was told I'd hear back from them in 2-3 weeks and never even got a generated email response saying they were going to pursue other candidates...

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember specific questions, I think the behavioral questions were primarily teamwork focused.   Answer Question