Talisman Energy

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wellsite Geologist Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talisman Energy in July 2013.

Interview Details Through networking. Interview was focused to check my experience.

Interview Question – About salary.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Talisman Energy in June 2013.

Interview Details Contacted shortly after applying;
Had a brief phone interview (30 min. or so)
Met with Hiring leader and VP for interviews
Received a verbal offer of employment day or so later.
Received written offer of employment 2 days later.
Had welcome lunch with Hiring leader and colleague.
(Brought into planning discussions prior to my first day on the job)

Interview Question – Why was I leaving my current employer at the time when I hadn't been there that long?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone negotiation followed by written offer presentation

Student Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talisman Energy in November 2011.

Interview Details 1 interview- over the phone if you are located out of town and in office if you are in Calgary. Usually two people taking the interview( one HR manager and one specific job manager).

5 to 10 min spent on their introduction.
10 min on resume overview
20 to 25 minutes on behaviorial questions from there end.
5 min for your questions

overall 45 to 50 minute interview.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral interview- 10 to 15 minutes spent on resume overview and then behavioral questions extracted from the resume. e.g. what did you do in this team ? give example of a situation when one person was not cooperative in the team. etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Geophysicist Interview

Interviewed at Talisman Energy

Interview Details behavioural and technical interview in around 45 minutes

Interview Question – What you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Talisman Energy in March 2011.

Interview Details First round was a group interview. If you successfully made it through that, you get put through to the second and final round which is a 1:1 interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

GIS Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Talisman Energy in November 2011.

Interview Details First, it was with the team lead. About an hour long talking about past working experience. 2 weeks later, got called for the 2nd interview with the department head. It was mostly focused on interpersonal skills.

Interview Question – What was your weakness?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Talisman Energy in September 2009.

Interview Details They asked" what salary do you want?" I said at least 2000 USD/month

Interview Questions

Lead Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Talisman Energy in February 2011.

Interview Details Initial phone interview, followed by group interview and interview with Executive.

Interview Question – Why are you considering this position?   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Talisman Energy in March 2009.

Interview Details One interview face to face and one with senior manager to get acceptance

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty relaxed

New Grad Geophysicist Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Talisman Energy in May 2008.

Interview Details Fairly run of the mill interview. The interview was behavioural based and included me describing my past experiences. The interviewer was very enthusiastic and I could tell we was very interested in my skill set. He made an effort to follow-up after the interview and set-up a meeting with key personnel after I had been offered a job.

Interview Question – When have you had a conflict with a coworker at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Talisman Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Talisman Energy – Why Work for Us?

Talisman is committed to conducting its business safely and in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner. The company is a participant in the United Nations Global Compact and is also included in the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Talisman Energy interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Talisman Energy employees and interview candidates.