Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Port Macquarie

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in December 2009.

Interview Details Fill out there form Than Phone Call asking why you want to work for target and asked what you know about target Than a one on one interview in which they ask you basic interview questions Straight out of there Manual and forms they need to fill out
Than offered job

Interview Question – Why should we employ you   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answers (2)

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details I received an email asking times I was available for a phone interview. i made an appointment and thought it went very well. They asked all customer service based questions. The last question they asked me to repeat my answer by using the STAR technique. She explained what it was. I haven't hear of it before, but after researching it I found that that's how I answered my questions anyway. It threw me off to repeat my answer. I'm pretty sure she had to inform me of the technique as part of the process in case I didn't already know what it was. I then moved on the the next stage which was a face to face interview. I never heard back.

Interview Question – Explain a time where a customer gave feedback that you didn't expect and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist

I applied through another source - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Interview Details initial phone interview with pharmacist. Complete an application on Target careers online. Facetime interview the next business day with regional manager. All "tell me about a when..." type questions. Started out with telling about myself. Asked why I want to work for Target. Asked to tell about a time when I had to prioritize

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you recieved 2 conflicting pieces of information & had to make a decision   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Overnight Flow Team Member

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Interview Details Simply applied online and called the next day asking if they had seen my application. They said yes and asked if I wanted an interview. I accepted, and the following business day I was given two different interviews and was hired minutes after. Went on without a hitch. Fairly easy interview!

Interview Question – I didn't find any questions to be of any concern or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase began AFTER orientation.

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Overnight Flow Team Member
Watertown, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details Seasonal position interview took two sittings with two different interviewers. Attitudes towards Target and why do you want to work there was the first. Second question was set of Behavioral questions. How did you react to a tough situation, ethics, moral and challenging types of questions. The orientation process was very good, video and computer based training. A HR representative works on the overnight shift as well so no new hires should ever feel as if they are alone.

Interview Question – How do you feel about Target? Please Note: This was prior to the data breach
I love/d Target
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all 9.25 hour 1 hour differential after 10pm. Period, take it or leave it.

Department Clerk Interview

Department Clerk
Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview Details Received a call from a woman controling questions to receive yes or no answers, then made me an interview appt. The interview was upstairs in accounting office by two women. There was a mix up on days availability. They asked the toughest question: what is the worse mistake you ever made at work? I was looking for a full time position, but they ignored this from day one, and instead only
offered me $8.20 per hour and only 12 hours per week with an unfixed shift either morning, afternoon, evenings to change every pay period. The money would not pay for a babysitter, and would force anyone to lean on others for help not to mention the obligation to changing shifts would still not pay the rent with such an arrangements. They hire people with no obligations except for school, or those on social security benefits that have to watch their hours. I real struggle.

Interview Question – What's my worst mistake at a job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 12 hours at 8.20 per hour with mandatory changing shifts would not allow me to get a second job. Target wants to own their employees but not pay them to keep the electricity on.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Interview Details Went through a phone screen and 3 half hour on site interviews with hiring manager, Key group manager, and director. It was behavioral based and interviewers read through questions given to them by HR. It's not a very good interview process and felt rushed. You can't possibly get to know an applicant in 30 min. Also rooms were dull and dated.

Interview Question – Very formal and straight by the book behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you led a team, had to deal with a difficult client, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details All you need to do is be able to do explain all experience you have. This allows the hiring manager probably place you in the most appropriate location in the store. Other than that the drug test is very important to pass and dress probably for all in store interviews.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is how to handle your self with the public in a proper manner because being involved with customer service is very nerve racking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really the only negotiation is position. The pay will not change based on school or work experience

Executive Team Leader- Human Resources Interview

Executive Team Leader- Human Resources

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview, In person with 3 store management leaders, behavioral based interview, once hired you will attend a 4 week training at a store location along with training along side a member of leadership for several weeks.

Interview Questions

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!