Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Port Macquarie

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in December 2009.

Interview Details Fill out there form Than Phone Call asking why you want to work for target and asked what you know about target Than a one on one interview in which they ask you basic interview questions Straight out of there Manual and forms they need to fill out
Than offered job

Interview Question – Why should we employ you   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Flow Team Member Interview

Flow Team Member
Winter Park, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details I filled out an application online after finding an open position that was promoted on Indeed.com. Two days later I got a call from a HR member to schedule a phone interview with a team leader the next day. After that interview with a team leader I had another phone interview with the head of HR on the following Monday. Finally they scheduled a face-to-face interview that Friday. I was called later Friday and was offered the position and was told to come in Monday to fill out some paperwork and get the information and directions to go take the UA. I was told my orientation would be scheduled after they receive the results of my UA and background check. That was about it, total process only took a few weeks.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was "Why do you want to work for Target?".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiations. They made me an offer and I had two choices, take it or leave it.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details A lot of typical questions. Why do you want to work here? What customer service skills do you bring? How will you provide excellent customer service skills? Are you flexible with work schedules?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you took a very difficult situation and turned for good.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Sales Floor Team Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details Interview process is lengthy. Interviewed with ~ 7 different people. Interview is based on SAR questions. Situation, Action, Results. Ex. Tell me about a time that you had to do multiple things in a short period. The key here is to focus on the actions. Target wants to know that you know how to explore and use your resources, that you take partners and work with a sense of urgency. The other key is use a real specific example, not broad ambiguous examples. Use people, places and names.

Interview Question – all very similar questions. Just be prepared with multiple different examples.   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Took about 3 weeks for HR to call. The job I originally applied for had been filled. HR asked if was interested in working another area. I was! Had a interview with the TL, and ETL on the same day. Went in a few days later to interview with the store TL ( Manager ).

Interview Question – If a item rings up at $19.99, and the guest says it was marked $17.99 on the shelf. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

ETL Human Resources Interview

ETL Human Resources

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details SBO Style....you are given a Situation....you need to describe the Behavior using leadership skills explain the Outcome. The interview process consisted on several phases....in each phase you had 2 interviewer, one asking questions and one taking notes.....rotating this process throughout the interview process.

Interview Question – The questions are designed to access you leadership skills in regard to Accountability, Drive For Results, Manage Execution; Critical Thinking, Demonstrate Courage ...An Example would be : Describe a time when you had to challenge a member of management on unethical behavior.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You are always able to negotiate ... as HR I frequently saw inconsistencies in salaries in regard to exempt level positions.

Operational Group Leader Interview

Operational Group Leader
Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted via recruiter after applying online. She called me to set up an initial phone interview. On the day of the interview we chatted about my background and experiences. After that, we moved into some behavioral situations such as: "Tell me about a time you made a mistake," "Tell me about a time you didn't see eye-to-eye with an employee," "Talk about a time when you had to assume the role of a leader."

Though these questions are very objective, the interview was casual. You get to make it conversational. The recruiter really just wants you to talk them through some experiences. Sit back, take a deep breath, and go with it.

Interview Question – What are your long term career goals?

Though this is a straightforward questions, at 24 years old it's hard to conjure up what you want to achieve over the course of your career. I referred to my longing for management experiences, leadership opportunities, and the opportunity to work for a highly respected company.
  Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied for the job and it only took them 4 days to call me to schedule interview next day. First interview was phone call, they ask you about 3-5 personality questions, then during in person interview they ask you questions like how you can make the store better or how to satisfy the guests.

Interview Question – What can you do to help guest to find an item that is out of stock in store?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They put me in Hardline (Blue world) instead of electronic

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Human Resources Team Member
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details As soon as I walked in to the store, I was told the position was filled; I drove 45 minutes for the interview, but I wasn't even informed that there was no longer a slot. A few days later, I got an email saying there wasn't a position open at that store. Very unprofessional.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!