Target

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Macquarie
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Macquarie

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in December 2009.

Fill out there form Than Phone Call asking why you want to work for target and asked what you know about target Than a one on one interview in which they ask you basic interview questions Straight out of there Manual and forms they need to fill out
    Than offered job

Take it or leave it

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

First off, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted their interview experiences here, I definitely credit reading all of these to helping me get the job! If you're here because you're about to have an interview, if you read up here I think you'll do just fine (:

Allow me to also mention that the position I applied for was seasonal, but it doesn't seem like the interviewing process is any different at all.

When I applied for Target online, I was also applying for many other places, so I can't be sure how long it took for them to call me, but it was at least a week. They called me on a Monday, but I missed it and I called them back on a Tuesday. We set up a phone interview for 11am on Wednesday. On Wednesday, however, they didn't call me at the time they said (on the phone they did say this was a possibility, but to call the store after 15 minutes). I decided to give them an extra 30, and was about to call them around 11:30 when they called me. The phone interview was not with who I was told it was going to be, which of course is fine but gave me a bit of a look at how hectic of a workplace it may be.

The phone interview was 7 questions, asking things such as strengths and weaknesses, what my previous boss/coworkers thought of my work, a time where I went above and beyond at work, a time I worked as a team, a time where I worked in a time crunch, and questions about my availability. After I finished all the questions, the interviewer (who I found out is the Team Leader, so it may be the same in your case) told me she would recommend me for a second interview, and told me I'd be getting a call within the next week to schedule an in-person interview with an executive (sounds a bit intimidating, but it wasn't!). I got a call on Friday to schedule my second interview the following Monday.

When I got to the store, I was told to take a questionnaire on the in-store kiosks, which was about 20 questions long and very similar to the online application. I don't really remember any of them, but they were multiple choice, composed of scenario based questions and you had to chose the best response and the worst response for that situation. It was really easy. After the questionnaire I was told to go upstairs and let HR know I was there. I ended up waiting for about 30 minutes, because the managers ended up taking a late lunch, but after reading these reviews I expected to wait a while.

The interview was fairly easy, with pretty much the same questions as the phone interview, just reworded. They also asked me the same "What would you do if" questions they asked everyone else, about the out of stock shoe size and the customer who claimed the item was $17 when it rings up for $19 (A lot of people on glassdoor have said to just trust the customer, and my answer was something along the lines of 'trust the customer if it's not a big deal, if it is a great amount then ask another employee to check the price in a way that doesn't sound like i don't trust the customer' but all in all, i couldn't really tell what answer they were looking for). She asked if I was interested in hardlines or softlines, so have an idea of what area you'd like to work in before your interview (at the store I was applying to, hardlines is simply the tiled parts of the floor and softlines is the carpeted part of the floor. Softlines was clothes, hardlines was everything else). If you truly aren't sure at the time, I was told that you are able to transfer after you've decided, but it's possible that that's only at that particular Target. I was told I did well in the interview, and that when I went back in the break room, I would be job offered on the spot.

During my job offering, I was told it'd be $8.50 an hour, and I would not be drug tested (though this seemed a bit unusual, so expect a drug test). I was told I'd have an orientation within a few weeks.

Overall I had a very good experience, even though I was very nervous!

Interview Questions
    • If you read the questions they asked other people in the reviews on glassdoor, you'll be fine (:   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but I wasn't planning to either way.

Entry Level Team Lead Interview

The interview process was pretty simple although I never heard back from them afterwards. I thought that was a bit strange I feel as though companies should at least give prospective employees the courtesy of informing them if they have decided to go with someone else.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied on the 25 of November. I didn't hear anything back so I called on the 3rd of december asking about it and she took my name and said someone would call that week. The monday after I got a call and the Hiring manager asked if we could do a phone interview. I did the phone interview and she asked me stuff like strengths and weakness's, why I want to work for Target, a time I worked as a team pretty basic questions. Also asked about Availability. She also mentioned to me about another position and if i would be interested. I said it might be something i would be interested but would prefer the one I applied for. (which is probably where I went wrong and why I didnt get an offer) I got an email a few days later saying they couldn't offer me a position at this time.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above what was asked of you. (this isn't the exact question but it was basically what it asked) I had prepared with others reviews on glassdoor which helped alot.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

Apply online and called two days after to set up an interview date. The interview was with two different leaders who asked similar questions. It was straightforward and I didn't feel uncomfortable.

Didn't attempt to negotiate

Pharmacist Interview

STAR process, was an internal candidate and had three interviews. Overall process took almost four months. Just make sure you have the situations made up before hand-whats your biggest mistake, stress on leadership, etc.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied on line and received a call 2days later to schedule for a one on one interview. I was given 2 interviews each lasting about 15minutes. The interviewers were very friendly but professional.
    Questions included Why Target, situational questions about guest services as well as Red card benefits.
    Also important are past experiences related to the job you are applying for.

No negotiation.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

They called me a week after I applied online on their website, asked some question, overall they were very friendly and explained the hours they needed me to be working for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Target?
      Could you work on this specific hours?

Answer Question

My schedule could not fit at the moment, but they were really nice during the call-interview

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Just fill out an application online. If you are really serious about a job give HR a call or come in and talk to an LOD and let them know you are really interested. That way you can get a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview you will be asked to come into the store to interview with one of the ETL's. As long as you answer all the questions in STAR format and you show you want to job you will get it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked as a group or team that accomplished your goal?   Answer Question