Target Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Macquarie
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Macquarie

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in December 2009.

Fill out there form Than Phone Call asking why you want to work for target and asked what you know about target Than a one on one interview in which they ask you basic interview questions Straight out of there Manual and forms they need to fill out
    Than offered job

Take it or leave it

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Concord, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

-- I apologize in advance for the lengthy explanation. I attempted to cover everything as efficiently yet thoroughly as possible in case it would be informative or useful for someone. For everyone else, see the "TL;DR" (Too Long; Didn't Read) at the bottom. --

I applied online (6/24) for a few positions of interest, namely Sales Floor and Cashier. I followed up over the phone a few times before someone finally called back (7/05), and a phone interview was scheduled for the next day. The woman who conducted the interview asked a few basic scenario questions (e.g. "When was a time you sold something?"). Then she answered questions. She was polite and patient overall. I was told that my second interview should be in 2-3 days. However, it instead took over a week and following up again with the clerical team. Then someone called (7/15) to schedule my second interview.

When I finally walked in for my second interview (7/24), I went to Guest Services as instructed. Nobody initially seemed to know what to do with me. They placed me at one of their red application kiosks to complete a questionnaire. (There were about 50 questions, but every two were identical by glitch.) Then I informed whomever was available that I was done. I waited around quite a while, roughly 15-30 minutes if not longer, before someone showed up. A female Trainer escorted me to offices in the back and showed me two short videos about a few job positions.

After I watched the videos, I sat down with the Trainer and a management trainee for the interview. They were both amazingly helpful and positive. They answered any questions I had about the company/job. I learned about morning "Team Huddles", "4x4" (stock check), and auto-generated work schedules. The Trainer asked around five basic scenario questions from a paper (e.g. "When was a time something didn't go as planned?"). Then they walked me around the store to explain hardlines/softlines and the store layout.

Then I was taken to a manager's office. The manager went over the available positions and asked which one I would be interested in. I went for Cashier. She asked if I would accept the job if she offered it, to which I said "yes." I was informed that I would be contacted within a week before orientation. She handed a sheet with information to take to the in-store Clinic. I followed the procedures and completed the drug test then and there. Afterwards, I left the store and followed up a week later. I was told that the employment offer was declined due to pending charges on my background check.

----
    TL;DR:
    Applied online and followed up. Phone interview 11 days later that involved a few scenario questions. More following up. In-person interview 18 days later with short videos and more scenario questions. Talked to another manager. Drug test at in-store clinic. Followed up a few days later to learn my offer was declined.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you helped a customer?   View Answer

ETL Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Target.

Had 2 phone interviews and then 2 in person interviews and then one final phone interview. The questions were the usual behavioral questions that have been posted here before. For example, name a time when you had to work on a group project. It was a pretty long interview process overall. The phone interviews were with current Store Managers in your district. Then, you have an in person interview with another Store Manager. Then, you have an in person interview with your District Manager. Then, you have a final phone screen with a few higher group managers that only asked a couple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was why I chose to go to the college I went to. They seemed to be looking for someone who goes after what they want and is sure of what they want which is why the question was posed. That being said, it threw me off a bit.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

initial phone interview with pharmacist. Complete an application on Target careers online. Facetime interview the next business day with regional manager. All "tell me about a when..." type questions. Started out with telling about myself. Asked why I want to work for Target. Asked to tell about a time when I had to prioritize

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you recieved 2 conflicting pieces of information & had to make a decision   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Interviewed with two different team leaders and was asked a lot of questions about my reactions in specific situations. Definitely a much more involved interview than I expected. Seems as though they really want to make sure they're hiring good people

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you provided customer service that was above and beyond

Why do you want to be a target back room team member?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, $8.50 take it or leave it. Waiting to be called back for orientation

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online in Late June, a week or so later I got a call asking if I was still interested in a job and to come in tomorrow for an interview. Unfortunately I couldn't make it. However, Early August, they call, ask if I am still interested, to which I am and schedule an in person interview. First interview was on Wednesday, Second was on Friday, and they told me to come in Wednesday to which they offered me the job. As long as you are prepared for the questions you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiations, very flexible with scheduling hours however.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Snellville, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

I had my first interview with etl HR. Then I assumed I passed that interview. I was called in for an interview with the STL. I believe it went well. However, the store was undergoing a lot of head count cuts and even though I was more than qualified they decided to promote from within.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry guest?   View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

It is a four step interview process, beginning with a phone interview. In the phone interview they ask general questions about you as well as a few "tell me about a time when" questions. The second round interview is in store and you meet with two people. They then ask a lot of behavioral questions, so be prepared to have an answer. The toughest part is that many of the questions are similar, so it was difficult to come up with different answers for each one.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you faced resistance from a group, how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Applied online then got a call back 7 days later, I arrived then had an interview with a team lead then a second interview with the manager, it was a friendly interview it was great.Asked what is a positive trait, negative, experience, how to deal with customers .

Interview Questions

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!