Tata Consultancy Services

Average Difficulty
1,996 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE)
Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details there were 3 rounds of interview.
1. First round had a written aptitude test
2. Second round had technical interview for Java, C and C++
3. A final round of interview with the HR

Interview Question – It was nothing unexpected. B.Tech students read about Java, C++ programming in their curriculum.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the offer was not negotiable.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer
Fort Kochi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details There were three rounds of interview. The first round was all about Technical Abilities, where they enquired about your skills in programming languages, algorithms, data base management systems etc. The second round was the HR interview round and the last one was the Management Round. The hurdle was to clear the first round and the next two were pretty much a cake walk.

Interview Question – The algorithm to create a robot that can be used for chatting online, without being detected as a robot itself. The person on the other side should not identify it's a robot with whom he/she is chatting.   Answer Question

ASE Trainee Interview

ASE Trainee
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2010.

Interview Details Simple and easy...not to worry much. They hire in bulk. Concentrate on your communication skills. Previously it was 3 rounds, now they have cut it 2 and made it even easier

Assistant Consultant Interview

Assistant Consultant

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details Telephonic and Video conference comprises of 4 rounds. Where first round was HR screening secondly Technical third manager along with more technical and final was HR. It was normal round which happen in most of other mnc.

Interview Question – Any plans for marriage in 2 years   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary structure was not upto standard also hike was not upto standard

Assistant Systems ANalyst Interview

Assistant Systems ANalyst
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2010.

Interview Details The interview process is very relaxed and simple. The interviewer is looking for basic SDLC Concepts and attitude towards work. One off questions may be asked to throw you out of track
Be sure of what you are expected to know and honestly refuse to answer questions you do not know instead of meandering.

Interview Question – What is the most important phase of a software project in terms of to reduce problems due to bugs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations. Salaries are pretty much fixed in a band.

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2014.

Interview Details Firsst is the written multiple choice question related to English, Logic and basic arithmatic. If you clear the first round then next is the face to face interview. IF you clear that then next is HR interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Associate Systems Engineer
Kuttippuram (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2013.

Interview Details I attended the recruitment drive held in my college and it was pretty easy for me. There were two test rounds. One for language, and the other checking aptitude. Once I got through the rounds we had an interview in 3 stages, one technical, one managerial and one HR. The managerial round was a little tough but otherwise, the whole process was a piece of cake.

Interview Question – Situations in office environment when we weren't acknowledged by our superiors, details about BigData etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I'm sure there's something way better waiting for me.

Routers/BRAS Testing Interview

Routers/BRAS Testing

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

Interview Details Interview was arranged by a consultancy but it turned out to be walk-in drive.

Worst interview procedures by the company which claims to be best in the world. Name-sake interviewers who knows little and pretends to know large. And the manager interview round they seems like they know everything like they are the king of the world but worst or worst. HR's are the worst - they think that cost-cutting in salary negotiation would improve their salary but they end up loosing the talented resources.

People tends to opt for this company to get H1 visa after a 2years stay. But only the un-useful resources who flatter the managers end up to go abroad.

Kept my offer on hold since they couldn't afford my salary which I negotiated.

Interview Question – Basics are enough to clear.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview Details Three round of interview
written test
technical
HR

whole process took 3-4 days and after that I got offer from my collage campus itself.

Interview Question – Tell us something about TCS which we don't know.   View Answer

Systems Engineer/Architect Interview

Systems Engineer/Architect
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

Interview Details Communication very informal and unprofessional. Inappropriate request of proprietary information. Several quickly scheduled calls asking for proprietary information.
Calls with Business Manager Partner and HR. The partner and proposal leads asked for proprietary vendor specifications to be used in a bid.

Interview Question – Can you provide vendor proprietary product specifications to be used in a proposal   View Answer