Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014
2,231 Interview Reviews

2.8

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

I was recruited on campus visit.There was one written exam followed by personal interview. Both written and interview was of average difficulty, they asked logical questions on technology and some puzzles. They immediately gave offer letter immediately, and the joining letter followed before I could finish my graduation.

There was no negotiation for on campus recruit.

Systems Engineer Interview

I was interviewed through campus.It was a cakewalk because I had good communication skills.Initially they do also take a assessment quiz with Maths and logical section. Assessment Quiz was more so available on internet or check with sample questions.They are generally on the same pattern.

Interview Questions
    • They generally look for good communication skills with some bit of logical thinking.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madurai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madurai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

Online aptitute test was conducted for 90 minutes with 10 mins of verbal ebility test and 80 mins aptitude which consists of 30 questions. It has the very easy selection process. After getting through the aptitude test we get to meet H.R directly.

Interview Questions
    • aptitude problems based on age, time speed and distance were asked. Many stress questions were asked   Answer Question

I belong to mechanical engineering disciple and the job was IT. So I declined the offer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

interview process was of only two rounds. first was aptitude test and second was interview. aptitude test included verbal (email writing) of 10 minutes and analytical (quant and logical) of 80 minutes. the interview has 1 to 3 rounds depending upon the number of HR present in the room. one HR means 3 rounds, 3 HR means only one round. i had one round. interview questions were mostly HR and related to whatever written in the CV. technical questions were easy as i am not a comp sc/ IT student. some basic C or C++ programs should be practiced well to get through the interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if i reject you without any explanation? what would be your reaction towards me?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

aptitude written test consisting 30 question in 80 minutes. then verbal ability test. this was mail writing using all the phrases given there in more than 50 words.Time limit for this was 10 minute. Then interview round.

Interview Questions
    • Not such. Normal questions. But you will not be able to know what they want.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

No difficulty tecnical round was a joke mainly concentrated on my projects.no programming related questions nothing. one interviewer advised me to not to join. interviewer didn't know anything by themselves. one management,and last one was just a conversation

Interview Questions

coz it wasnt upto my standards

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

TCS visited our college for campus placements in the month of september...The first round was aptitude online exam followed by email writing..as I was the topper of my batch I was exempted from the online aptitude exam...I just had to write the email in 10 minutes using the key words given.By evening the list of candidates short-listed to the next round was announced...The next day we had technical round,mine lasted for about 10 minutes..They didn't ask me much technical...they asked me about my favourite subject....they asked me why I liked it...I mentioned that I was well versed with AUTOCAD and ANSYS in my resume,so they asked me some basics about them.Almost as my interview was nearing an end,they asked me to write a simple program using 'case' statement...I wrote.Then I was shortlisted for the next round....I had my HR and MR together,whereas some people had them separately.During my HR/MR interview..They asked my why I chose TCS....they asked me how I would be contributing to the company coming from a non-IT background...etc., My interview again was done in 10 minutes..This time I was worried because they other candidates from my panel had their interviews for about 20 minutes or so...They sensed that I had some questions to ask...so they asked me if I had an queries...The first thing I asked them was "Its over so soon?" Both the interviewers laughed and said that they had covered every aspect they wanted to know...later I asked them questions about their employee re-skilling,talent recognition policy etc., After a few days,I got a mail from them...with the offer letter attached. :)

Interview Questions
    • One question where most of my friends fumbled was when they were asked how they coming from non-IT background with minimum knowledge of IT study contribute to an IT company.My suggestion is that One should go through the clients to whom TCS services so that they can answer that question better.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Aptitude test which covers general logical reasoning, verbal ability, critical reasoning;
    Technical and HR interview in which main focus on our communication skills, decision making skills, learnings in graduate degree,

Product-it Interview

process is excellent they will check your resume and ask you basing on your area of interests i kept my area of interest as networks so they concentrated on neworks more for me be honest and answer what you know dont try to answer even if you are not aware of it all the best

ITA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview process had three rounds.

1st round was written test :general aptitude questions were asked(questions from quants,logical ability + email writing).

2nd round was technical interview : They asked questions from C,C++,Data Structures,Computer networks.

3rd round was HR : They asked questions regarding company profile.