Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
2,595 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

A recruiter scheduled the interview. It was telephonic for about 45 minutes. The person who interviewed was highly professional. Asked me to explain the projects I am working on right now. Explained the projects well. Asked some details of how I have handled specific scenarios.
    Then started asking java fundamental questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Java Generics and its advantages. How will you unit test database based classes.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Vellore (India)).

Interview

Had to give a preliminary quantitative aptitude test. After this an interview was scheduled. Small 15-20 minute interview with basic questions from your resume and your interests in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us? Why should we hire you ?   1 Answer

Junior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

On campus interview. It was a 2-1 technical and behavioral interview. The questions alternated between the technical and HR representative. The interview was given on campus and application process completed via email.

Application

Interview

The interview was an easy one. There were three rounds, 2 technical and 1 HR round. Interview took place at university and all the three rounds were on the same day

Interview Questions

• They pretty much asked asked about all programming languages such as C, C++, SQL, HTML   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

2-1 situation. Technical and HR both combined. They asked me some basic questions on C, data Structure. Mostly on the project experiences I have been through during my collage program.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview with supervisor level, Senior Management and HR Team and there is possiblity that head of the department might like to take a final call over the hiring.

GET Interview

Application

Interview

Aptitude Exam was tough but the technical round was quite easy the asked questions realted to our major. quetions asked were not that difficult but at the times there were instances where i got confused

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

it was very simple I talked to manager and was asked to join there company Was already doing job was being subcontracted being paid after filtering through 3 other companies

Interview Questions

• would I be interested into becoming a full time direct employee   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a university career fair in September of 2014. The HR representative said I would be contacted for an interview early in the next year as I would be starting after I graduated university.

In the next year I was contacted by the same HR representative for a brief phone interview to ensure I was still interested in the position. An in person interview was setup for the next week with the HR rep and a technical person.

The interview was split into 10 mins of HR questions and 50 minutes of technical questions. Most technical questions were in Java. I was even asked to write code on paper.

It was clear they were seeking Java specific developers. The technical guy grilled me on not knowing specific classes to use to read and write to a file, as well as not knowing the specific return value for when an InputStreamReader has finished reading a file. I thought this was kind of weird, because it's too specific of a question for an interview.

Overall it was a pretty good experience.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

In first round they take the aptitude test.
    This test are 50 minute test . and its all about English grammar and mathematical question it is small difficult test
    In second round they take the interview and ask about self and they describe about company & job
    In third round they take group discussion
    After take interview with hr persons.....
    In their total of 6 tob7;round.........