Tata Consultancy Services

Average Difficulty
1,976 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE)
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2012.

Interview Details About my resume and basic programming questions Palindrome, Sorting(Quick Vs merge), etc. Basic HR questions that most of you guys can answer. Hobbies, Area of Interest, etc. I presented an IEEE paper in power electronics the same year. So they me about it. What was my contribution to that paper

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Very friendly interview   Answer Question

ASE Trainee Interview

ASE Trainee

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details It was a campus interview. Interview is relatively easy as they focus mainly on basics. They will ask the very typical questions that are easily available on internet. The y mainly concentrate on some of the subjects from CS/IT branch. Or else they will ask for your favorite subject and ask from that subject.

Interview Question – They ask about the current leading technologies from the market.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO. I did not negotiate.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details There was a walk-in which I attended for software professionals having Microsoft Technologies experience. The Aptitude test was skipped for people having more than 2 years experience and so was for me. The technical interview was conducted by 3 persons for around 45 minutes. The interviewers seemed to be quite experienced Project leads. Had prepared very well for a long time and also had good hands on exp. hence could create a very good impression. Was asked to attend the next round i.e. Management Round wherein a very senior person interviewed me - a Group Leader around 15 years experience. He took a note of my flexibility, clarity of thought and maturity ..questions like...How do you see yourself 5 years and 10 years down the line? etc. He finally assured me that I was almost through. The next was the HR round wherein I was briefed on general information about the organization and also asked several relevant questions like Why TCS? Why do you feel like leaving your previous organization ? etc.

I then left after a total of around 4 hours and was told that I would be informed on phone whether I'm through or not. I was informed in around 12 days and was asked to collect the offer letter and decide my date of joining.

Interview Question – i had prepared for this interview for almost 2 weeks rigorously and for a long time prior to that as well, so as to cover each and every technical area as well as the plan to drive the interview myself by conducting mocks etc. Because of this preparation things went almost the way I had expected. No surprises even though I was quite tense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary which my previous employer used to give was far too less than TCS average salary and hence there was not much room for negotiation or asking for something they would not be able to give.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Ghaziabad (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview Details written test then technical and hr round. It was a campus drive so overall process was not hectic.For the experience there is a separate process which is known as BYB (Bring Your buddy).

Negotiation Details – NA

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2014.

Interview Details Interview Rounds:
Screening: All India Test which tested writing and quantitative ability.
First Round: Technical questions and general ability to converse (around 15 minutes)
Second Round: HR Round (around 15 minutes)
Interview Experience:
Very well received and well informed about the interview rounds and the duration of the interview.
well organized and structured.

Interview Question – You have two sand timers with you. One can measure 4 minutes and the other sand timer can measure 5 minutes. This means that it takes 4 minutes for the sand timer to completely empty the sand from one portion to the other.

You have to measure 7 minutes using both the timers. How will you measure it.
  Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

Interview Details Aptitude Test with maths questions in it. Followed by a Technical interview in a group of 2 technical experts and finally HR interview for judging on behavioral aspects. It was a fun process and friendly process, interviewers made me feel comfortable throughout the process. But a few do undergo through stress interview as well.

Interview Question – Programming for finding best of the 100 marks on paper   Answer Question

ASET Interview

ASET
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2010.

Interview Details Off-Campus
1)Written(Aptitude)
2)Technical interview
3)HR(GD)
technical interview contains general interview question like factorial program, fabinacci series, basic questions fro data strucuture, as i told my strong point is OS , they asked questions from memory management, page fault

Interview Question – General question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – as per company standards

Computer Consultancy Interview

Computer Consultancy

Interview Details Very systematic hiring process.There were four rounds
1)Aptitude test
Online test with aptitude and english questions.

2)Technical Round
They tested basic skills in your subject during graduation.Asked about why you would like to work for TCS.
Questions on my resume.

3)Management Round
Friendly interview. Certain situations were given and he had asked what would be my reaction to them.

4)HR Round
Friendly round. Behavioural traits were identified .

Interview Question – They simply test your subject basics. Asked a few questions to judge the level of patience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details Interview process is very simple.
1st registered in online website then they called me for interview.
then the interview round started with online aptitude test
after online aptitude test next gd takes place.

Interview Question – In aptitude   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Tūmkūr (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details It was campus placement interview. They asked very basic questions. And the best part is if you are good at something then they will ask more about that, for example in my case I was into robotics and had won many compensations in colleges so they asked me only about that and nothing else.

Interview Question – Did not encounter any such question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was campus placement and for fresher. They had fixed package of 3.15 LPA