Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
2,113 Interview Reviews

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bhopal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2014.

1 st round was aptitude . after that they call for interview to shortlisted candidates . there were 2 rounds.
    1.technical 2.MR +HR .In technical round they asked me about my project. my interesting field and then some fundamentals of C.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2010.

It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.

Interview Questions
    • It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.   Answer Question
    I got placed as part of campus placements.So negotiation is not possible.

IT Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

interview was good and easy. normal technical question with one of the team member followed by telephonic round with project manager and then hr round all went smooth but i need to change my project after joining.

yes but got only 10 percent hike from my current salary

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

3 rounds
    1 - technical round (normal)
    2 - management (normal)
    3- HR
    technical round was very easy.
    they asked simple java question also c,c++,network etc.
    also some extra questions abt your hobbies and oher work.
    also about projects done in college and events attended.

UNIX Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2010.

If it is urgent, you will get the offer in 2 or 3 days, else will take 1 week to 2 weeks. Very strict background check, so be careful while giving the details...

Interview Questions
    • Depends on the person in the interview panel. Still more generic and understanding of the technologies are more important.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

The hiring process of TCS included the following stages-
    1.Online verbal and analytical ability test.
    2.Interview: Technical round, Management round and HR round.

The online test is conducted and the results are announced in the evening. In case you clear the test then you are called for interview the next day.The interview day is a long day so take a good night's sleep and have a nice breakfast.
    My day started at 9 am. You have to wait till your number is called out. I had to wait for 4 hours before my turn came. The whole waiting process makes the interview challenging as the you start feeling tired by that time. After you clear the technical interview. Then you have to wait for the management round. In the management round, they try to build stress on you by criticizing you in-case you answer anything incorrectly. The trick is to be calm and know that it is something they are doing this intentionally! Now, if you get through the MR round, then you are called for the HR round in which they ask basic things like hobbies,relocation etc etc.

Assistant Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

I had applied off campus on the tcs nextstep portal so first of all i had to give a aptitude test, it was difficult. Then we had a technical round, the questions were pretty general like check if a string is palindrome or not, sum of digits in a number etc. Then there were Mr and Hr round where they just check your aptitude and confidence and communication skills. Thats all.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Technical round followed by Management Review and HR interview. Very professional in their approach. Though a bit lengthy. My interview took place over two days. However it was hardly boring!

Interview Questions
    • Will you be staying with us at the end of the Bond period?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Their is 3 round
    1) apti 2) technical 3) MR and Hr.
    in appti their is letter writing and in technical they asked about basic question of your field. and in Hr round they asked about your family background etc.

Interview Questions
    • the question are coming from your qualification so try to improve your basic   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Aptitude round of 80 minutes, then technical interview followed by management round and finally HR round. The selections from aptitude round were random. It was all luck. All of my friends who deserved more were left out. 300 were selected out of 700 after the aptitude round.They made offers to 250 out of these 300, finally.

Interview Questions
    • As I am not a technical guy, I was asked about programs on data structures.   Answer Question