Tata Motors

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

3.1

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

It was Campus placement.
    Selection process:
    Shortlist By Resumes, Aptitude Test, Technical Test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview, HR Interview.
    Aptitude has 4 sections: logical reasoning, Quantitave, English, Technical.
    GD topic: Quality is myth in India, Smart working vs hard working.
    Techincal interview: basic questions of power electronics - e.g. Difference b/w SCR and resistor.
    HR interview: simple.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)

It was Campus placement.
    Selection process:
    Shortlist By Aptitude Test, Technical + HR Interview.
    Aptitude has 4 sections: logical reasoning, Quantitave, English, Technical.

HR interview: simple question check your communication skills and other skills
    Techincal interview: basic questions on projects and technical facts.

Interview Questions
    • Research going on in world for increasing efficiency of motor, engine, AC etc.   Answer Question

Campus placement
    Shortlist By Aptitude Test, Technical
    Elimination by a discussion round

1 interview of about 30 mins: Mix of Technical and HR
    Questions about basic Solid Mechanics, Design of machine elements, masters thesis, internships
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years, Why TATA motors

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

online test: it was in four section, for every section different time was allocated. it was a adaptive test. you cannot go ahead without answering a question and neither can review the previous question . technical was tough but rest was easy
    gd: in my case gd was not taken.

interview: mainly they were asking the basic of electronics.

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors.

There were three steps. Firstly you have to go through an online 2 hours test comprising of four sections. Ther there was a group discussion round. 80% of the people were eliminated in that round. Lastly there was an extensive technical interview. The selection of guys from GD round was beyond my understanding as HRs ended up selecting those guys who sort of had a debate rather than a healthy GD in the allotted time.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

hiring process includes 1 aptitude plus technical round then group discussion then followed by PI. my group discussion topic was correlation between education and success. others topic were is quality a myth in india, is china a threat to india likewise. aptitude test was normal . questions from power plant were also asked. best of luck to all of you if you are appearing.

PREPARE FOR TECHNICAL VERY WELL

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

it was on campus recruitment process,first of all a written test was taken which included verbal,quant and technical section,after that almost half of the candidates were rejected and the one who were shortlisted had to go through a group discussion and again only around half were shortlisted for personal interview . and finally around 10 were selected from both mechanical and electrical engg. students.

i had better offers

GET Interview

First round was online exam consisting of Verbal aptitude, Quants, Logical ability and Mechanical engg questions. The test was adaptive so every question was compulsory and everyone got totally different questions with varying difficulty levels. This test was very easy.
    They selected 20 students for GD round and formed 2 groups of 10 students. They let us choose the area (economics, politics, general, business) for the GD topic. We chose general and were given "Is quality a myth in India?" as topic. Speak 3-4 times without drifting away from the subject and you can clear the GD round.
    10 students went for the interviews. They had already given us a long form to fill which included all of your personal, academic and extracurricular information and stuff like Why Tata? What are your goals? etc. I was asked about nothing but my projects, especially BAJA. HR people asked me about my hobbies and family background. If you have really worked hard on your project, the interview is just a piece of cake.

No negotiation.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

Technical ( core mechanical engineering) and aptitude(logical ability) tests, followed by group discussion. this was followed by technical and HR rounds of interviews. Each of these rounds were eliminating in nature.Technical Interviews were based on one's resume, his/her projects and experiences. They also included a few basic mechanical engineering questions.The interviews lasted for 20-30 mins per candidate

Interview Questions
    • What are the features to be kept in mind while 1) designing a car? 2) buying a car? What are the differences?   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Contacted the company through an employee in company .Sent resume to Human Resource official. Then called upon for interview.Very basic questions. Overall interview was easy. They also need a official letter from Head of Department or Principal before joining.