Tata Motors

Updated 25 Nov 2014
Updated 25 Nov 2014

3.2

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

online test: it was in four section, for every section different time was allocated. it was a adaptive test. you cannot go ahead without answering a question and neither can review the previous question . technical was tough but rest was easy
    gd: in my case gd was not taken.

interview: mainly they were asking the basic of electronics.

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors.

There were three steps. Firstly you have to go through an online 2 hours test comprising of four sections. Ther there was a group discussion round. 80% of the people were eliminated in that round. Lastly there was an extensive technical interview. The selection of guys from GD round was beyond my understanding as HRs ended up selecting those guys who sort of had a debate rather than a healthy GD in the allotted time.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in November 2014.

hiring process includes 1 aptitude plus technical round then group discussion then followed by PI. my group discussion topic was correlation between education and success. others topic were is quality a myth in india, is china a threat to india likewise. aptitude test was normal . questions from power plant were also asked. best of luck to all of you if you are appearing.

PREPARE FOR TECHNICAL VERY WELL

GET Interview

First round was online exam consisting of Verbal aptitude, Quants, Logical ability and Mechanical engg questions. The test was adaptive so every question was compulsory and everyone got totally different questions with varying difficulty levels. This test was very easy.
    They selected 20 students for GD round and formed 2 groups of 10 students. They let us choose the area (economics, politics, general, business) for the GD topic. We chose general and were given "Is quality a myth in India?" as topic. Speak 3-4 times without drifting away from the subject and you can clear the GD round.
    10 students went for the interviews. They had already given us a long form to fill which included all of your personal, academic and extracurricular information and stuff like Why Tata? What are your goals? etc. I was asked about nothing but my projects, especially BAJA. HR people asked me about my hobbies and family background. If you have really worked hard on your project, the interview is just a piece of cake.

No negotiation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Contacted the company through an employee in company .Sent resume to Human Resource official. Then called upon for interview.Very basic questions. Overall interview was easy. They also need a official letter from Head of Department or Principal before joining.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

5 Rounds of Aptitude test, Followed by the Group Discussion and the a 45 minutes of interview. Completely HR based interview from Manufacturing Head. Very few technical questions on powertrain, Latest Hybrid technology in Prius & Why Tata Motors?

Manager Interview

Hiring process is very fast and candidate is Interviewed on his or her past work profile and accolades. There may be several rounds of interview depending upon the grade you are getting hired for.

Interview Questions
    Cannot negotiate too much as you are offered a grade based upon your no of years of work exp and qualification.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors.

lengthy process, takes lot of time. onc on board then there is no care from HR. No Bank account opening help. Onc ehas to go through lot of places to places for getting other departmental signs. Overall exhaustive day.

Interview Questions
    • whic author's book did you study in your final year of education?   View Answer
    nothing. No negotiation. Had to accept the offer.

Assistant Manager-Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tata Motors.

2 round interview ... Tech VC followed by F2F tech and hr round.. Basic questions on technicals.did not had a very detailed round.. But I guess coming from a reputed last company.. They thought I was sufficiently strong technically.. If you are aware of basic systems in auto industry combined with process knowledge.. You will not face much of a problem in interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly basic questions related to position..nothing fancy..   Answer Question
    Not much of negotiations on salary as they work in pre defined bracket..

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Motors.

There were 3 stages of the process
    1.written test( comprising of technical question ,logical and quant )
    the queston in non-tech were easy but technical level was good as for each person there were diffrent set of questions
    2.GD just for qualification none of students were eliminated expect for two who dindnt speak any thing
    3.personal and hr interview

Interview Questions
    • questions were all over the subject as if none were to much difficult having a sound concept will take you through   View Answer