Teach for America

422 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

TFA Corps Member Interview

TFA Corps Member

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Teach for America in April 2013.

Interview Details Incredibly intense interview process. Very detailed. phone interview followed by in person panel and one on one interview. Role play and moch meetings. Be prepared with questions and with good conversation. Teaching the lesson isn't as bad as it seems.

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Director of Development Interview

Director of Development
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Teach for America in April 2014.

Interview Details The recruiter reached out via email after receiving an employee referral. After a general phone conversation, the candidate was invited to formally apply for the position online. The next step in the process was a set of performance tasks which were designed to be completed and submitted by email. There was a prompt response back upon receipt of materials promising to be in touch within a week to discuss next steps and schedule a formal interview for those moving forward. No follow up occurred. Several months later, candidates received an email survey asking them to evaluate the interview experience. At that point, a follow up email generated a quick reply that the organization was moving in a different direction with regard to the spec for the role.

Interview Question – The interviewer requested that applicants complete a lengthy set of exercises to gauge candidate fit for the position.   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Corps Member

Interviewed at Teach for America

Interview Details Long interview process that begins with a lengthy application. Then it is followed by phone interview and if you make it to the next round it is an in person interview that lasts about 4 hours.

Interview Question – Why Teach For America?   Answer Question

Manager, Data & Operations Interview

Manager, Data & Operations
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details Very long, indepth interview process. You will be asked many of the same questions regarding organization, strengths, ability to prioritize and overcome challenges. There are multiple phases, first a phone screening by HR, then an interview with your manager most likely, then an interview with your team, and lastly your manager's manager (typically) or dept. head.

Interview Question – If we were to speak to your last manager what would he/she say is an area for growth for you in terms of communication?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations since it is a non-profit. You either accept or decline. Good benefits, low compensation.

MTLD Interview

MTLD

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details Phone interview comes first. They will ask questions about situations that challenged you and how you dealt with it. They ask strengths and weaknesses. Also asked for your biggest professional pet peeve.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty predictable.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Teach for America in March 2013.

Interview Details Process is long. Be prepared to write compelling answers to the questions in the application. Make sure you are informative about any activities you were involved with during undergrad. Show your leadership skills.

Interview Question – Why teaching? How will you handle backlash from an administrator?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took about 3 months

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through another source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details Interview was very thorough. They do not really do a good job of getting to know the new employer. It is clear there is a right answer and if you dont say the right answer, with respect to their corp values, they wont seek to understand why you disagree. Very difficult to get accepted but if you talk about you lack of priviledge...ie if you are of any minority than it is A LOT easier to get in.

Interview Question – How do you feel about profound additional impact within the classroom?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Teach for America

Interview Details I first filled out the online application and met with a recruiter from my school. Then I had a phone interview, which was very nice. I did some online tests and then was offered a final in-person interview, which lasted all day.

Interview Question – The sample teaching lesson was the most difficult for me because the outlines were very vague.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Teach for America

Interview Details This was a very thorough and thoughtful process. Most questions are relevant, thought provoking, and really get down to how well you will perform in the job. There are technical aspects depending upon the role, but this was a key indicator of success for me as a candidate as well as the hiring manager.

Interview Question – If outside the organization, knowledge of the nature of the work as a whole.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Teach for America in August 2013.

Interview Details Exteremely long and througoh interview process. only recruit the highest achieving students. your area of study will have no effect on if you are hired or not and it will not affect what area you are place to teach

Interview Question – Tell us you biggest weakness   Answer Question

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!