Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2014
Updated 24 Sep 2014

ACCESS Rotational Program Interview

Met at a university career fair and had an interview schedule for the next day. Nothing out of the ordinary, mostly just technical fit. Next round is a video interview and there will be a 3rd round at the HQ in Dallas.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

It as pretty easy as I know the Manager and worked with him before.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic electical (basic networks, control theory, stability) and Anaglog design (oscillator, small signal model) knowledge was tested. I did not feel there was any question difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was fresh out of my college (finishing my PhD). I did not even know there is any scope for negotiation.

Technical Writer Interview

Mine was a long interview process. I arrived early in the morning, was interviewed by the department manager and several other employees, and ended up staying there for a little over four hours in all.

Interview Questions
    • "What did you learn while being interviewed" was a good one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Written Technical exam followed by Technical and HR interview

Interview Questions
    • Questions on op-amps were tough and requires a strong knowledge of the basics rather than mere problem solving skills   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2014.

After applying online, I was asked for on-campus interview. Standard questions for technical sales took place such as " Why would you want to be a sales person?" or "Are you aware of the differences between Application Engineer and Tech. Sales" to confirm your attendance to the information session previous night.

During 30 min. webcam interview, you are asked some behavoural questions as well as " what are the qualities of a tech sales person", "do you love to win or hate to lose?".

During on site interview, you are asked to sell a vacation package. This is not very formal as they help you during the process and provide feedback. However, there is a 45 min behavioural interview with 2 regional sales/marketing managers. Try to be very communicative and talkative to demonstrate your sales side.

Intern Interview

Got an interview through campus recruiting, they interviewed me on campus

Interview Questions
    • They asked many basic EE circuits problems such as filters and op amps   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Team interview + HR + manager

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

First round on campus by one person, 30 minutes duration includes technical and behaviour questions. second by phone, I did a presentation for 15 minutes and we talk about my work experience and technical question about an hour. The final round is on-site, small panel interview, two people for an hour, total four people. One panel is more technical detailed than the other team.

Equipment Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I was interviewed by two engineers and one senior technician. Was quite a while ago, so I don't recall everything that was discussed. Seemed fairly standard really. Had to take a pretty lengthy test first. Only went through one interview, then received an offer over the phone two days later.

Interview Questions
    • The one thing I remember clearly was when the engineer took me into the test floor and made a sweeping motion toward the equipment. He said "all these machines do the same thing, they make money." I replied, "except for the ones that aren't working, that's where I come in." He really liked that answer.

Again, the rest of the interview was standad fair. Nothing difficult, and no "gotcha" questions.
        Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Campus placement starting with the first round of written examination on fundamentals and analytical ability. After that there were 2 rounds of face to face interviews. One technical and the other HR interview. The entire process took one day. Interviews went on for 3 hours. And written examination was 1 hour long.

Interview Questions
    • nothing as such, company focuses on good fundamentals and learning capability.   Answer Question