Texas Instruments Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014
393 interviews

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2014.

After applying online, I was asked for on-campus interview. Standard questions for technical sales took place such as " Why would you want to be a sales person?" or "Are you aware of the differences between Application Engineer and Tech. Sales" to confirm your attendance to the information session previous night.

During 30 min. webcam interview, you are asked some behavoural questions as well as " what are the qualities of a tech sales person", "do you love to win or hate to lose?".

During on site interview, you are asked to sell a vacation package. This is not very formal as they help you during the process and provide feedback. However, there is a 45 min behavioural interview with 2 regional sales/marketing managers. Try to be very communicative and talkative to demonstrate your sales side.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

On campus interview at Georgia Tech. Not too technical, go over your resume and describe the projects you have worked on at school, what do you like to do for fun, how do you manage your work/life balance etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are some specif tech blogs that you follow and why?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2014.

Was first recruited at my university's career fair and set up an interview the next day. It was pretty general, just asking personal questions and a lot about my resume. I got lucky though because the recruiter didn't see on resume that I've done a presentation in the past and commented on that if he had he would of made me do it for the first interview. So be prepared! I had a second phone interview with two quality engineers at the same time and they went into even more detail about my resume and threw in a few technical questions but mainly they just wanted to know about projects I have worked on and what machines I have used. The third interview they flew me out to Dallas and it was a day long affair. There were 8 of us split into 2 groups but they made it explicit we weren't there for the same job which was a huge relief. First half was a presentation given by a recent new hire(less than a year with the company) so it was easy to identify with them and more relaxed. Then lunch where you can meet supervisors and managers which was great networking experience. After lunch came our 20 min technical presentation and then 2 separate interviews. The hardest part of the day was the presentation but everyone was really nice so it wasn't too stressful. The fact that there were other students present at this point actually helped a lot so we could kind of cheer each other up.

If you have a really technical project that pertains to the job field definitely go into a lot of detail with it for the presentation. I did and the rest of my interviews weren't technical because of that.

The interview processes for other positions is a lot different though and you might not get to do a presentation. I know for design they set up a white board and have you draw things for them.

Interview Questions
    • The difference between wet and dry etching, which is an/isotropic.   Answer Question
    They were very lenient on my start time. The actual offer was a lot better than I was hoping for so I didn't negotiate it and they have really nice benefits.

Analog IC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oslo (Norway)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

3 meetings in the onsite interview.
    First with manager
    Second with team leaders
    Third with HR
    The interview was relaxed general for the first and third meeting. The second one was a bit technical and based on the experience I had before this position

Interview Questions
    I was able to get extra-salary and a relocation package (moving company, language courses, hotel for 2 weeks)

Applications Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I applied online and got an e-mail to answer some behavioral questions through webcam. Couple days after, I got a call for an interview where I have to give a 3-5 slide presentation on a project that I worked on.

After the presentation I didn't hear back for two weeks so when I contacted the HR first, he suggested if I was interested in other positions. I said yes but he hasn't replied since then.

Interview Questions
    • Just questions about the project and if I considered any other options.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I stopped by the booth at my university's career fair and spoke to an engineer for a bit. He invited me to an interview on campus the next day where he gave me circuits questions. They were pretty standard and basic such as RC equations and transfer functions. After that, I was invited to do a 1 hr presentation to 2 people about a project I did. The presentation was more like a walk through where they asked me questions about the project as I went through the slides. They were all technical questions for the most part about the project, so you better know your project well. However, my project was an analog amplifier and both the interviewers were digital guys, so they didn't really have a lot of hard questions. I passed, and they invited me down to Texas. They paid for the hotel, airplane, etc which was cool. The first night at the hotel you go through a presentation with some of the engineers where you drink a bit and relax. After, you head out to a restaurant. The next morning, I went in for 2 interviews. Each interview was with 3 people. The first interview, they asked me mostly behavioral questions. I feel like they were not satisfied with my responses, considering they let me do most of the talking. The next group of people, kind of treated me like crap. For these interviews, you do your presentation in person that you did over the phone. They kept interrupting me and asking questions that were relevant to the slide that I talked about like 6 slides ago. They asked me technical questions too.

Interview Questions
    • Too long ago, forgot honestly. They asked me about IIR filters and how to choose where to place the zeros and poles for types of filters.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melaka (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melaka (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2013.

Expect candidate to be a fast learner.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

through campus careerfair

Interview Questions
    • nothing really tricky, all basic questions. things like how to make an inverter faster or write result of a piece of c code.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Career Fair, then an On Campus Interview, which consisted of going over resume and asking more in depth questions, behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straight forward questions, asked about situational questions, what is my biggest accomplishment.   Answer Question

DLP Pico Group Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2013.

Obtained on campus interview from a career expo, then had a phone interview. After a few days, received a co-op offer; whole process took about 1 week. During my on campus interview, it was two TI employees and me. They were both project managers from different groups. During the interview, they asked all soft skill questions. They also asked me how comfortable I was with programming and hardware.

Interview Questions
    • All soft skill questions however I know in the past they asked: how a low pass filter works. question: A time when you had to troubleshoot a problem and how did you go about solving it.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, salary based on amount of coursework completed