Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 16 Nov 2014
Updated 16 Nov 2014

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

-First a phone interview or on campus interview
    -Will fly applicant to sales office or to Dallas Headquarters
    -Interview with 2-3 Managers
    -Asked to sell a vacation package (Sales Simulation)
    -Leadership role questions
    -Interpersonal skills evaluation

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied through my college's recruiting website. Got an on-campus interview. Then a phone interview. Then I had a HireVue interview (basically recorded me answer some soft-interview questions). Then a skype interview with an engineer

Interview Questions
    • Scheduling was difficult, they weren't super flexible. Questions weren't super hard for an EE as far as I got.   Answer Question

ASIC Physical Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Forwarded my resume to a HR team. Got a phone call in 2 weeks which was the first round of phone interview. Went for an onsite interview within a month. Had 5 rounds of interview from 9AM to 3PM. Purely technical.

Got a call back 1 month after the interview with the offer to join TI.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding library creating and area of the cells in the library   Answer Question
    Standard pay scale for all new new hires (fresh grad)

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2014.

TI came to campus and offered 5 profiles.2 of the profiles were hardware ie. digital or analog,one was for software,one for signal processing,2 for technical sales.I applied for analog technical sales as in this profile it was mix of analog knowledge and communication skills.There was 90 mins test comprising of 20 mcq question from field of analog electronics.I cleared it and next day went for Personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • With so much knowledge in electronics what was the reason for poor cgpa?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I was initially contacted by the Manager I'd be working for and interviewed over the phone. I had another phone interview by another person in the department. I then was called in for on-site interviews with the Manager and three other members of the team. The on-site interviews were very thorough and took nearly 6 hours (they did take me out for an hour long lunch). A few days later I received a call from a TI recruiter from their corporate HR department indicating that the manager wanted to extend an offer. I went through a negotiation period with the HR person where we reached agreement, he extended an offer verbally and overnighted a written offer to me.

Lead Engineer Interview

There are was first telephonic interview and after that 3-4 rounds of face to face interview. Face to face interview was mostly on technical side related operating system concepts and general puzzle problem. Interview process was long and took about 2 months of time. There are also questions related to process architecture like ARM. Interview was more about problem solving and geared towards approach for solution rather than right answer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2014.

First a shortlist was made based on the resume of the candidates who applied for the post.
    Online Aptitude and Technical Test for 30 minutes each for shortlisted candidates.
    Technical test based on respective domain.
    Followed by Group Discussion.
    A topic was given and two teams were made which have to discuss about its pros and cons.
    They were looking for good communications skills.
    Then two rounds of Technical Interview.
    Asked about the things you have mentioned in your resume. You should be able to explain your projects very well.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were mostly focused on Basic technical knowledge and skills   Answer Question

Senior Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

was pretty easy. I had had an offer from them before, so I just contacted the hiring manager directly since I kept his contact. They needed specific skill that I had in addition to overall analog skill set. I had number of offers, and they matched the best I had

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but perhaps I should've

ASIC Physical Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Had two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. Onsite interview lasted from 9AM to 3PM (5 rounds and a panel interview). The whole process was very organized and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Previous challenges as a physical design engineer, lot of questions about the .libs and encounter commands.   Answer Question

Product Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Done by hiring manager and a couple of techies; meeting with manager of the manager is a good sign. HR gets involved at the tail-end of the process, if an offer is pending.

Interview Questions
    • A few test questions (e.g., calculate exact angle between two hands of a clock) - idea is to assess the thought process of the candidate.   Answer Question