Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014
Updated 19 Oct 2014

Analog IC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

3 meetings in the onsite interview.
    First with manager
    Second with team leaders
    Third with HR
    The interview was relaxed general for the first and third meeting. The second one was a bit technical and based on the experience I had before this position

Interview Questions
    I was able to get extra-salary and a relocation package (moving company, language courses, hotel for 2 weeks)

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

I applied online and got an e-mail to answer some behavioral questions through webcam. Couple days after, I got a call for an interview where I have to give a 3-5 slide presentation on a project that I worked on.

After the presentation I didn't hear back for two weeks so when I contacted the HR first, he suggested if I was interested in other positions. I said yes but he hasn't replied since then.

Interview Questions
    • Just questions about the project and if I considered any other options.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

I stopped by the booth at my university's career fair and spoke to an engineer for a bit. He invited me to an interview on campus the next day where he gave me circuits questions. They were pretty standard and basic such as RC equations and transfer functions. After that, I was invited to do a 1 hr presentation to 2 people about a project I did. The presentation was more like a walk through where they asked me questions about the project as I went through the slides. They were all technical questions for the most part about the project, so you better know your project well. However, my project was an analog amplifier and both the interviewers were digital guys, so they didn't really have a lot of hard questions. I passed, and they invited me down to Texas. They paid for the hotel, airplane, etc which was cool. The first night at the hotel you go through a presentation with some of the engineers where you drink a bit and relax. After, you head out to a restaurant. The next morning, I went in for 2 interviews. Each interview was with 3 people. The first interview, they asked me mostly behavioral questions. I feel like they were not satisfied with my responses, considering they let me do most of the talking. The next group of people, kind of treated me like crap. For these interviews, you do your presentation in person that you did over the phone. They kept interrupting me and asking questions that were relevant to the slide that I talked about like 6 slides ago. They asked me technical questions too.

Interview Questions
    • Too long ago, forgot honestly. They asked me about IIR filters and how to choose where to place the zeros and poles for types of filters.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Career Fair, then an On Campus Interview, which consisted of going over resume and asking more in depth questions, behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straight forward questions, asked about situational questions, what is my biggest accomplishment.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

1. Campus recruitment
    2. Fairly straight forward
    3. 20 Technical questions
    4. 20 aptitude questions
    5. 10 Grammar questions
    6. 1 hr technical interview
    7. 1 hr HR interview

Data Analyst Interview

applied through campus career expo. Got a call later that night. Had a 2:1 interview on the next day. A lot of behavior questions and indepth explaination of resume.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

Explain teams and group projects you have been involved in; Explain a time where you had to think on your feet; Explain a time where you had to think on your feet; Problem solving skills, etc. Nothing particularly difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - a weird kind of group project for Manufacturing Leadership team though   Answer Question

Mixed-signal Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Applied the resume by my friend in TI, got a call from the manager later he conducted phone interview for basic technical check, one week later TI bring me to Dallas (I was in San Jose) for group interview, the entire organization interview me and check everything thoroughly, aq very stressful interview experience, from 8:00 in the morning until 4:00 pm, non-stop.

Interview Questions
    • They drew a picture of the circuitry and ask me to explain how it worked, to be honest I had never seen it before, hence I answered terribly on those questions. I believe that is something only those people know, because they worked on it. If I drew my work on the board, it will stun them as well, I believe:)   Answer Question

Engineering Leadership Development Program Interview

Applied online and was called by a recruiter, initiated a phone interview.

IC Design Engineer Interview

on campus

Interview Questions
    • what is the influence of the pole which is far away from the unity gain freq to the stability of the system   Answer Question