Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Master Thesis Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2013.

Phone interview, group interview

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

1 to 1 interview session
    Introduction
    Knowledge in semiconductor manufacturing
    Skills and quality in management

nego to company's standard

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Talked the a recruiter at an on campus info session. Then had a video conference interview and for the final round of interviews I was brought to their campus in Dallas, TX. Everyone was super nice and made me feel extremely comfortable during this whole process. Amanda T is the best recruiter I have even worked with, so on top of everything and always willing to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • During my on campus interview I had to teach the guy something I've learned in class. Op amps are always a good choice. They also asked about A/D converters. Other than that not too much technical stuff, mostly personality based questions.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for the rotational program but their offer was great!

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

The interview process included a presentation to be presented in front of approximately 8-10 engineers and two face to face interviews. Took approximately four hours which included lunch.

Interview Questions
    • What does the cross section of a MOSFET and BJT look like and how does it operate?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Very friendly, but will pound you with difficult interview questions. They say they don't expect most people to get them right, but what that sounds like to me is they pick the ones who do.

Interview Questions
    • Designing a logic circuit that would SEEM easy, but was truly much harder than expected   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2014.

After applying online, I was asked for on-campus interview. Standard questions for technical sales took place such as " Why would you want to be a sales person?" or "Are you aware of the differences between Application Engineer and Tech. Sales" to confirm your attendance to the information session previous night.

During 30 min. webcam interview, you are asked some behavoural questions as well as " what are the qualities of a tech sales person", "do you love to win or hate to lose?".

During on site interview, you are asked to sell a vacation package. This is not very formal as they help you during the process and provide feedback. However, there is a 45 min behavioural interview with 2 regional sales/marketing managers. Try to be very communicative and talkative to demonstrate your sales side.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

On campus interview at Georgia Tech. Not too technical, go over your resume and describe the projects you have worked on at school, what do you like to do for fun, how do you manage your work/life balance etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are some specif tech blogs that you follow and why?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2014.

Was first recruited at my university's career fair and set up an interview the next day. It was pretty general, just asking personal questions and a lot about my resume. I got lucky though because the recruiter didn't see on resume that I've done a presentation in the past and commented on that if he had he would of made me do it for the first interview. So be prepared! I had a second phone interview with two quality engineers at the same time and they went into even more detail about my resume and threw in a few technical questions but mainly they just wanted to know about projects I have worked on and what machines I have used. The third interview they flew me out to Dallas and it was a day long affair. There were 8 of us split into 2 groups but they made it explicit we weren't there for the same job which was a huge relief. First half was a presentation given by a recent new hire(less than a year with the company) so it was easy to identify with them and more relaxed. Then lunch where you can meet supervisors and managers which was great networking experience. After lunch came our 20 min technical presentation and then 2 separate interviews. The hardest part of the day was the presentation but everyone was really nice so it wasn't too stressful. The fact that there were other students present at this point actually helped a lot so we could kind of cheer each other up.

If you have a really technical project that pertains to the job field definitely go into a lot of detail with it for the presentation. I did and the rest of my interviews weren't technical because of that.

The interview processes for other positions is a lot different though and you might not get to do a presentation. I know for design they set up a white board and have you draw things for them.

Interview Questions
    • The difference between wet and dry etching, which is an/isotropic.   Answer Question
    They were very lenient on my start time. The actual offer was a lot better than I was hoping for so I didn't negotiate it and they have really nice benefits.

Analog IC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oslo (Norway)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

3 meetings in the onsite interview.
    First with manager
    Second with team leaders
    Third with HR
    The interview was relaxed general for the first and third meeting. The second one was a bit technical and based on the experience I had before this position

Interview Questions
    I was able to get extra-salary and a relocation package (moving company, language courses, hotel for 2 weeks)

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

I applied online and got an e-mail to answer some behavioral questions through webcam. Couple days after, I got a call for an interview where I have to give a 3-5 slide presentation on a project that I worked on.

After the presentation I didn't hear back for two weeks so when I contacted the HR first, he suggested if I was interested in other positions. I said yes but he hasn't replied since then.

Interview Questions
    • Just questions about the project and if I considered any other options.   Answer Question